Forums

Help › Forums

What Courses Do You Want?

Mon, Jun 11 2018 4:33 PM (151 replies)
  • Scoton
    174 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2013 1:02 AM

KJHAWK2:
    I would [...] like to see more courses from around the world. This is The World Golf Tour!

I'm going to have to echo that sentiment... not naming any specific courses, but if this company is going to continue calling itself World Golf Tour, then the fixation with U.S. Open courses should be dropped. Ireland, the European continent, Australia and New Zealand all have excellent courses to offer... I even hear they're fanatical about golf in Japan.

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2013 1:21 AM

I'm now getting to the stage where I can (usually) handle most of the courses here. However, I well remember when I first started playing and often thought many of the holes were impossible (esp with starter clubs) and only for professionals and their fellow experts.

How about some real world courses not those designed to make the pros weep?

Perhaps

Masareene Golf Club, N. Ireland.

The Wiltshire Golf Course, Royal Wooton Basset, Wiltshire, England

Tryall Golf Course, Montego Bay, Jamaica

An important fringe benefit is that I am sure such courses would not demand the prices some of the more famous ones are allegedly seeking and the membership may not be quite so reluctant to allow their course to be HD mapped.

If these courses  are deemed too easy for the advanced players perhaps limit them to Pro's and under?

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2013 1:29 PM

Chinajohn:
    If these courses  are deemed too easy for the advanced players perhaps limit them to Pro's and under?

seriously ???

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2013 7:18 PM

SPINO1:

Chinajohn:

seriously ???

No, not really, but the basic idea is I think some 'normal' courses that real people play on would be really good for the game. However with the clubs available and the abilities of some of the elite players some of these courses may allow very low scores and perhaps some way of restricting this would then be desirable.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2013 7:30 PM

Barnbougle Dunes One of Australia's top rated golf courses.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2013 7:49 PM

Looks like RSG after the goats ate the fescue ;-)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2013 9:05 PM

ZioMio:

Looks like RSG after the goats ate the fescue ;-)

It's a pretty tough course.... with the wind up, very tough

• WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2013 12:42 AM

Chinajohn:

However with the clubs available and the abilities of some of the elite players some of these courses may allow very low scores

what you mean like Cabo ?

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2013 1:12 AM

WoodenHands:

Chinajohn:

However with the clubs available and the abilities of some of the elite players some of these courses may allow very low scores

I wouldn't know, I don't play trugolf as I don't  / won't pay green fees, I pay enough for balls. I think I played a monthly tourney there once (no green fee) and I did quite well, iirc it was all about the approaches, get them right and putting was a breeze, however get the approach wrong ..............

• WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2013 1:29 AM

Chinajohn:

WoodenHands:

Chinajohn:

I wouldn't know, I don't play trugolf as I don't  / won't pay green fees, I pay enough for balls. I think I played a monthly tourney there once (no green fee) and I did quite well, iirc it was all about the approaches, get them right and putting was a breeze, however get the approach wrong ..............

lol , yep , i know all about the wrong approaches , fast breaking putts aplenty .

RSS