Fri, Jun 29 2012 3:20 AM

MioKontic:
    Now, about the other query...???

The silence is deafening.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 12:29 PM

MioKontic:

Anyway, what I was going to say was that Savethetatas only played 8 stroke play games at Tour Pro level before being moved up to TM.  It would be great to know whether this is a conscious decision on WGT's part or a mistake.

Hey MioKontic,

Yes, savethetatas was a Tour Pro, and after his recent multiple tournament participation, he is now Tour Master. He has won several tournaments and this will cause anyone to move up in tier quickly.

-Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 12:39 AM

WGTpizza:
    Yes, savethetatas was a Tour Pro, and after his recent multiple tournament participation, he is now Tour Master. He has won several tournaments and this will cause anyone to move up in tier quickly.

Doesn't really answer the question.  There is no way a player moved like that by simply playing games and having good results; one does not miss out a whole tier!!  So, either WGT did something or it is an error.  If WGT did something, why are you afraid to say?  And if WGT did do something, then at least we know steps are being taken to combat the sandbagging.

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 6:22 AM

^^^^^^ Good Point ^^^^^^

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 7:10 AM

MioKontic:
    Doesn't really answer the question.  There is no way a player moved like that by simply playing games and having good results; one does not miss out a whole tier!!  So, either WGT did something or it is an error.  If WGT did something, why are you afraid to say?  And if WGT did do something, then at least we know steps are being taken to combat the sandbagging.

I get the impression WGT did something.  Think about it, if it was an error the WGT reply would have been along the lines of "Thanks, we'll look into it." or "I passed this on to the devs to have a look at."

Maybe its one of the backend things to combat multi-accounters/sandbaggers MisterWGT referred to in his chat:  "we are doing some things on the backend as well with our data analysis team."

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 9:11 AM

andyson:
    Maybe its one of the backend things to combat multi-accounters/sandbaggers MisterWGT referred to in his chat:  "we are doing some things on the backend as well with our data analysis team."

Could very well be. The score history of the player indicates the player hasn't skipped a beat jumping up TWO levels at once. 

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 10:50 AM

Time to open another account.  Moving on up way to fast.  LMAO

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 12:09 PM

i wonder if they'll be giving out the gift vouchers in the congressional tourney... given the score histories of some of those in the top 3 of  1 or 2 of the tiers :)

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sun, Jul 1 2012 3:02 PM

andyson:
    I get the impression WGT did something.  Think about it, if it was an error the WGT reply would have been along the lines of "Thanks, we'll look into it." or "I passed this on to the devs to have a look at."

Interesting observation!!!!!! Yea I get it, 00>)

• troyronaldson
    382 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2012 3:39 AM

andyson:
    MisterWGT referred to in his chat:  "we are doing some things on the backend as well with our data analysis team."
    Yes they are.What brand of ball they can sell for $10 a sleeve :)

RSS