Forums

Help › Forums

Newer top tiers

Wed, Jun 27 2012 11:33 AM (73 replies)
  • misstery
    705 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 12:30 AM

I think were going to see a whole new load of equipment coming out.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 6:07 AM

G0LD:
    The truth is, if the natural boundary of a course makes it impossible to implement further tees, there is nothing that stops wgt from creating further and harder hole locations within the limits of each green.

Actually, the photos that have already been taken can stop WGT from doing this, as they have with Kiawah.  If they don't have the right camera angles already in the can for the new hole locations, they would have to go back to the courses and reshoot.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 6:32 AM

PeterHopper:

A new tier for top legends (however calculated) may make the tiered tournaments and tiered RGs interesting again for us mediocre legends. Imagine shooting a 30 at STA and making a small profit.

As it is, I can't imagine that. Playing now, if I don't break 30, I don't expect to break even. Hasn't stopped me from donating though.

• misstery
    705 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 6:33 AM

Making the courses longer, and then bringing out longer hitting clubs seems a bit pointless.

Changing par 4's to par 3's won't be very realistic at all, and would ruin your GIR.

If the game is to easy use starter balls, then when you start scoring in the low 50's, change down to starter clubs.

Put a sticking plaster over your wind indicator, there's loads of ways you can make the game more challenging.

The more resources WGT put into changing things, the more costly to us as the consumer, the game will be become.

If they have to back and photograph the courses again, then that is likely to be one less new course we'll get.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 10:40 AM

It is true that everything is a trade off and the more players we have "paying/donating" the more we can put into the product.  WGT is not a huge corporation but a few folks who love building the game and some investors who believe in the vision. Every cent we have goes into trying to make the game better. Even when we try to "make more money"  it is so we can afford to build more features , pay the bills and grow the game.

So please help us make the product better, help us get more players and we can grow the game together.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 12:52 PM

I agree with the ones that believe adding new tiers will ruin the game rather than enhance it.  Why are you spending time AND MONEY doing this when there are many other things that require fixing first???  But it looks like your mind is made up.  Before you move players into the new super-legend tier, you have to figure out what the criteria is going to be.  You cannot base it just on average, because many (and probably all!!) player's averages are totally false.  For example, my average should be about 62-63, not the 59.58 that it is.  I did most of that by playing off TM tees.

This is a VERY bad move, and as Misstery said somewhere, could lose you some players.

• misstery
    705 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 1:10 PM

I forgot to mention the possibility of a new wave of sandbaggers as well.!!

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 1:17 PM

Gees hard enough gettng a game of alternate now in legend tier , i can't imagine what the next tier will do to affect this , and does this mean with the new higher tier this will punish the great players in the RG's , well i wish all the EXCELLENT PLAYERS that this will affect good luck & just hope it does not become a nigtmare instead of an honour !   ......   Good luck to all those who are to advance to this elite division !   

thank you ,   .....   dfop !

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 1:31 PM

if you want a new tier then make it accessible only via qualification

then you can have the world golf tour

simples :)

have a qualifying tournament for those that wish to enter

the top 300 ( eg ) qualify

the next 300 play in the level below etc more level if needed

the next year (3 months, 6 months....whatever) the bottom 30 are relegated and the top 30 from the lower tier move up

there you go..... realism

AND incentive to progress

only open to legends

• misstery
    705 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 1:58 PM

WGTadmin2:

It is true that everything is a trade off and the more players we have "paying/donating" the more we can put into the product.  WGT is not a huge corporation but a few folks who love building the game and some investors who believe in the vision. Every cent we have goes into trying to make the game better. Even when we try to "make more money"  it is so we can afford to build more features , pay the bills and grow the game.

So please help us make the product better, help us get more players and we can grow the game together.

I appreciate you need to make money to run and improve the game, and i've been happy to donate and be a part of this site.

I've bought every set of irons, wedges, drivers and putters on my route to the top tier.

The past year i've bought the R11 irons, the the R11 driver and 3wood, the ghost level 92 putter and the R11s driver.

I've enjoyed supporting the site and seeing my game improve, and making some absolutely wonderful online friends.

I can no longer afford to pay $4.00 a day on balls, more if I lose some, some days i've bought 3 sleeves a day.

But I can't afford to play anymore, I only played a game a day this week, and had to play some rounds with starter balls, today I cracked and bought some balls and played a few ready go's. But that is likely to be my fix till next month.

If my friends knew what I spent on here they would cart me off for therapy.

I want WGT to grow and be succesful, but i'm not telling my friends about it the way game is at the moment, They will want like I do, the information given to be correct, a beautifully struck tee shot with a 3mph tailwind sailing 5 yds off the side of the fairway on oakmont 9th with a driver that cost you $25.00 isn't going to cut it for them. Likewise a 180 yd iron coming up short at 158yds. I can't realistically see them shelling out the kind of cash needed to get to the top.

Your lack of input to peoples questions and concerns over the 2 years I have been here has been pretty much zero, you need to make your customers feel like you care and want them to have a good time, but alot of people feel you just want their money and don't care how you get it.

I hope you can turn things round, I for one would love to play this game again in the way I used to, unfortunately the recession and relentless rising in costs of everyday utilities means something has to give. And this wonderful game is a luxury not a necessity.

PS this is not a plea to get some free balls. I don't want anyone sending me a gift, and if you do I will email WGT and ask them to take it back.

RSS