Wed, Jun 27 2012 11:33 AM (73 replies)
  • mmikkeelee
    591 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 2:01 PM

i like this idea sounds good !!

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 2:04 PM

I love the idea of a "Tour Legend" tier- sub 59 average with requirement of 100 rounds as legend. Gives us something else to shoot for and provides legends with higher averages to be competitive in that tier. Faster greens and maxing out the length of current courses should be accompanied by 5 dots precision equipment with 4 dots forgiveness available only to TL tier - but still fastest meter, but max distance and a better ball - just my $6 a sleeve suggestion lol

• peacher
    111 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 3:32 PM

couldn't have said it better myself.. AMEN.. WGT still owes me credits for skins Ive won, but have no record of me playing in a skins game. Customer relations are trying to catch up to what they have let slip for years.. too funny.. I personally wouldn't tell anyone until things are different. In fact, they may be losing another customer real soon.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 5:04 PM

peacher - not sure what the issue is but please email us and we will take care of it.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 5:09 PM

Misstery - we hear you about the shots that do not react the way you expect.  This is definitely our failure to show you all the info in a digestible format so that you can anticipate more accurately what will happen.  I would say that the majority of the variables that affect your shot unexpectedly are the wind, the lie depth and small bumps on the green that cannot be seen in the grid. 

We will be rolling out features in the future that will give you more info and help you understand why your shot went shorter, veered right or missed a putt.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 6:02 PM

Just my two cents worth. 

It is obvious that the majority of revenue generated is based on the balls the players buy.   Thus, you need to get more players buying balls and the only way to do this is reduce the pricing a tad.

As for the new tiers,  I am curious to see the various formats, and the inevitable sandbagging that will occur.

Players have indicated that the averages are skewed, and they are.  Thus segregating players into new tiers must not be based solely on averages.   I have said this before, MP, and MPC must be included to establish a players' level of play, and to some extent A/S as well. 

I suggested this before in establishing a reference point to include the last 400 rounds played (9-hole).  I use a spreadsheet which I would gladly send you.

Perhaps adopting a handicap index that would take into account the tee blocks would be more prudent to show a players ability.

Well off to playing random 3 for practicing my upcoming 2nd round in the US virtual open.

Just a thought.

• gedi83
    277 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 6:16 PM

How about the following idea: to have actual averages (or averages of the best half/third/quarter rounds) but weighed by the entry fee of tournaments people play. This would remove the skewness which makes current averages unrealistic (especially for those who keep playing a lot) and deal the sandbaggers, who I suppose would not want to post poor scores in money tournies, especially those with big prizes... :)

If some people don't play money tournies, their average would just be as it is, and for those playing in RGs and the like for sufficient number of times it would only reflect their premium-tourney performance.

• peacher
    111 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 7:00 PM

I appreciate the offer, but I did email wgt. wgt emailed me back into my spam which gets automatically deleted. I contacted Icon and he wrote me that the email stated WGT has no record of me winning 840 credits worth of skins. Very frustrating to play a skins game , win 7 of them then find no credits added to your account.

• pjctas0822
    4,548 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2012 12:25 AM

lvietri:

Please .. as you look into it .. try to figure out a way to more accurately measure someone's ability.    The current "average score" depicted is in no way representative of what a players ability is.    Case in point ... I have an "average score" of 60.8.   There is no way I shoot that low on the average.    Bollox has an average score of 55.03 right now ... I will tell you he does not average this.      As long as the "average" only recalculates when lower scores are shot .... you will continue to be looking at different / lower tiers.    Eventually every legend will be under 60 ... and just moving down.

Yep . Dont know why the average doesnt go up after so many rounds . That makes no sense. 

Then again it would create more quitters not posting a round too. A dilemma for sure.

• pjctas0822
    4,548 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2012 12:28 AM

WGTadmin2:

Misstery - we hear you about the shots that do not react the way you expect.  This is definitely our failure to show you all the info in a digestible format so that you can anticipate more accurately what will happen.  I would say that the majority of the variables that affect your shot unexpectedly are the wind, the lie depth and small bumps on the green that cannot be seen in the grid. 

We will be rolling out features in the future that will give you more info and help you understand why your shot went shorter, veered right or missed a putt.

All aspects as far as ball reaction in this game are pretty good. 

But you guys fail big time off ball reaction on tee shots. With full TS and full BS . No way the ball can stop using a driver the way it does with full BS off the tee and vice versa. I really dislike that aspect of the game. And also the fact that we cant boomerang a shot off the tee like IRL. A low flying curving bullet that rolls for about 50 to 55 yards. Im not talking about shots with tail wind either.

It is so unreal off the tees when adding TS or BS. 

RSS