Game improvements.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 24 2010 7:54 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 3:46 PM

scottbirmingham:

how about getting a real server instead of worring about clubs.i say no one buy anything else untill thay fix the damm power meter

Scott, you seem to have more "problems" with the server than everyone else combined. They have several servers. Do you really think they are all no good? Maybe you just need to practice more.

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 5:55 AM
    1) How about "conceded putts", "1 foot and under", on all non-tournament play. This would definitely speed up a round and help a bit with Multi-Player disconnects, especially when a foursome is playing. 2) I also read that WGT is working on charging a FEE for Multi-Player rounds... this is a bad idea. WGT, I am sure, loves it cause it would just be another source of revenue for them. This would only limit the amount of play from players who do not play stroke play tournaments. I think the main reasons for these disconnects are : Slow Play. Bad rounds affecting their average. You see this starting on about the 6th hole or so. Or they'll play up until the last putt, then disconnect. The remedy for this is simply add strokes to their final uncompleted score. Quitting at holes 1,2,3 = 15 strokes added to current score. Quitting at holes 4,5,6 = 10 strokes added to current score. Quitting at holes 7,8,9 = 15 strokes added to current score. For some unkown reason, players like to guard their average and hate it when it goes higher than they think it should. So to protect this reasoning, they simply quit a game. The way to penalize them is not by charging a fee, hit them where it hurts the most... their EGOS, and their standing among their peers by adding strokes to their average. What do you all think?
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 6:16 AM

aceydeucey:
    1) How about "conceded putts", "1 foot and under", on all non-tournament play.

It's possible to miss 1ft putts, trust me.  

aceydeucey:
    2) I also read that WGT is working on charging a FEE for Multi-Player rounds...

Really!    Do you have any source or link for this, or is it just a rumour? It would be an awful idea for sure, and might drive me away from this game for good. We regularly spend enough money on golf balls as it is.

For quitting, I believe reputation tracking (already in preparation) is the best solution, but it needs to be implemented correctly.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 6:25 AM

That's an interesting idea there, acey. A few things would have to go along with it like the ability to rejoin the same group when disconnected, like match play. Plus,because there are some actual legit needs to leave a game, to avoid getting penalized the quitter would have to get the ok from the others in the group or some such accomodation.

As for the penalty, adding strokes to one game isn't much of a deterrent but a bump in the actual average of a stroke or two might keep more players in the game. I like that idea.

The fee for entering was a discussion about a possible refundable deposit, not an actual charge. You'd get it back if you stayed I believe was the idea.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 6:25 AM

aceydeucey:
    I also read that WGT is working on charging a FEE for Multi-Player rounds...

You might be thinking of the fee WGT charges for running Multi-Player Match Play Challenge rounds where players challenge other players to a Match Play game for WGT credits.  Its all explained under the FAQs on the right -------------------->

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 6:31 AM

YankeeJim:
    As for the penalty, adding strokes to one game isn't much of a deterrent but a bump in the actual average of a stroke or two might keep more players in the game. I like that idea.

A great time-saver for sandbaggers too!  No need to spend 30 minutes on a bogus ranked round to pump up your average.  Just a couple minutes to quit on a ranked multi-player round.

Bad idea.

• borntobesting
    9,629 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 6:39 AM

Griz0613:

Agreed with Oak on all counts

almost agree with everything, I am not so sure about the master rapture set though. I might like that. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 6:43 AM

andyson:
    A great time-saver for sandbaggers too!  No need to spend 30 minutes on a bogus ranked round to pump up your average.  Just a couple minutes to quit on a ranked multi-player round.

Heh-The only time sandbaggers get in the way are when you let them. They aren't hard to spot and I don't think that's the OP's complaint or the reason a lot of players bail early. On the other hand, early bailers would be the ones that actually do want that lower average and might reconsider leaving.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 7:36 AM

YankeeJim:
    They aren't hard to spot and I don't think that's the OP's complaint or the reason a lot of players bail early.

Heh, you missed the point,  it will be a new reason for players to bail early.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 7:54 AM

LOL-It's hard to think like a quitter but I suppose you're right. You would really have to be a dedicated sandbagger to plan that way. Throw in some of Faterson's implementing and it overcome that.

• PAGES
RSS