Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 12/17/09 System Patch

Wed, Oct 6 2010 6:52 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 5:45 PM

Hi all, the site will be down at 11PM PT for about 1 hour tonight when we deploy a system patch. Be sure to save your games by 11PM Pacific Time!

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 6:02 PM

Any clues as to the patch? 

It might calm down the forums.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 11:54 PM

The reputation feature has been placed on hold so we can work out the details and make it more useful.  Also a series of Ready-Go and match play extra hole issues have also been resolved.

• Duchaine
    15 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 12:52 AM

ok so if we dont have reputation we ehat happen ?? fk quitter again and again??

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 5:51 AM

Hopefully they will fix it along the lines posted here. Doesn't need to be followed to the letter, of course, but the basic principles are outlined there:

1. Don't penalize the last person left alone on the course (it's a single-player round by then)
    2. Force players to finish their round (or, by every player's individual choice, suffer a small reputation drop) if they abandon other players in a multi‑player match
    3. Don't penalize anyone if all players disconnect within the same time-frame (for example, 30 seconds); this takes care of both sudden-death shootouts and software-induced disconnections / game freezes

Thank you to WGT for listening to the players and cancelling reputation tracking for now, until the aspects outlined above are integrated in the ranking.  

79 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 6:00 AM

Duchaine:
    ok so if we dont have reputation we ehat happen ?? fk quitter again and again??

If you will refer to my post yesterday--I said WGT does not care about quitters. I predicted that they would pull yesterdays plan, and forget it. I said that all they needed to do was put in the quitter plan from match play, if they really wanted to do something. That plan is in the program, and did not need a new program. Oh well, I played 4 times yesterday and never quit, but my # was in the 40's. Good plan, huh

• jonahvark
    47 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 6:17 AM
    Let's face it. it needed sorting out! Some people don't care about quitting and dropping their reputation. They'll happily carry on as long as someone will allow them to play (they'll look after each other)! Who on earth - even with the patience of Jobe - wants to carry on playing on their own! If your'e gonna do that, stick to practice.
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 6:25 AM

jonahvark:
    Let's face it. it needed sorting out! Some people don't care about quitting and dropping their reputation. They'll happily carry on as long as someone will allow them to play (they'll look after each other)!

That's perfectly OK. Reputation tracking is a feature for the non-quitting players, so that they can avoid getting into multi-player rounds with quitters. That's all it's about, and reputation tracking will serve that purpose wonderfully, once it is implemented correctly.

• ThunderBoltz
    740 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 6:34 AM

We need another course soon!!!!

• Duchaine
    15 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 6:47 AM

ok but i dont see the reputation now. where i suppose to see other reputation ???

• PAGES
RSS