Re: not happy with wgt!!!

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 16 2010 2:26 PM (25 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 12:32 PM

SystemCrash:
    Like I said in another post, those are called Aimbots and do exist

Yes, I saw that link and peeped it. Pretty interesting if you're into shoot em ups. None of the references there referred to a browser based game, though.  I think this is where WGT has control as they can see what's going on, if anything. Witness how long it takes to verify tournament scores-they're looking. ;-)

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 12:43 PM

In our Western world, we're supposed to live under the presumption of innocence.

I don't raise a red flag when I see a master player who did 1000+ rounds (like AvatarLee just as an example) appearing in the top 10 (I've played a little less than 150 rounds and I see improvements a little every day). But I do when I see people who played less than 100 rounds with the "starter kit" and posting 65 and less all the time!!

But again, without a proof...

Rob

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 12:50 PM

Part of the reason why I play random MP games is to try and stop newer players from posting threads like this where people are accused of cheating (the other part is to show players that there are people with legit averages who don't quit MP games).

I dropped a 28 the other day in a random MP round with a couple of decent Pro tier players, and one of them remarked that "it's nice to see it can be done" in regards to my score.

Do I shoot a 28 or 29 everytime I play?   Hell no.   Then again, the game wouldn't be as much fun, IMO, if I could shoot like that everytime on the course.

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 12:51 PM

YankeeJim:
    I think this is where WGT has control as they can see what's going on, if anything

Some of the Aimbots work over Flash but I guess you're right, WGT could put some lines in their code to take a peek at the running processes, and if it positively detect something, pop something in the face of the cheater! (...like something really mean!) loll

Rob

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 12:55 PM

YankeeJim:
    Hasn't happened yet.

Ridiculous assumption.  There is far more than just "aimbots" going on out there.  Go check out YouTube sometime and browse game cheats.  There are guys out there moving and controlling the ball with their curser in other online golf games.  (meaning clicking and holding the golf ball and dragging it to wherever they wish on the course).

Again, not accusing anyone here who plays and competes regularly of cheating at all.  Don't think it happens too often.  However you can best believe that players are circumventing the entire registration process itself and having their way here.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 2:26 PM

ghettocop1:
    Go check out YouTube sometime and browse game cheats.

13 pages of  cheats-not a single reference to WGT.  

ghettocop1:
    There are guys out there moving and controlling the ball with their curser in other online golf games.

This isn't like "other online golf games." Not even close excepting the cartoon version.

ghettocop1:
    However you can best believe that players are circumventing the entire registration process itself and having their way here.

That, unfortunately, is a different form of cheating.

RSS