Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The Elite Collection

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 27 2010 7:43 PM (48 replies)
  • SkeeterZ71
    171 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 4:14 PM

Ditto. Couldn't of said it better myself. The reason I drew the analogy is because I do play online poker and it just fits with the wgt model. I'm not saying it's a bad model. I'm just saying treat the credits like real money because that is what it really is. Allow cash-outs, resonable priced merchandise. $180,000 credits for an $1800 set of clubs is thievery.. That's all. I don't mind spending money on WGT btw. Own 2 sets of clubs (rapture and g10) and most of the z wedges and buy balls all the time....

• Showtime29
    70 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 7:44 AM

SkeeterZ71:

Ditto. Couldn't of said it better myself. The reason I drew the analogy is because I do play online poker and it just fits with the wgt model. I'm not saying it's a bad model. I'm just saying treat the credits like real money because that is what it really is. Allow cash-outs, resonable priced merchandise. $180,000 credits for an $1800 set of clubs is thievery.. That's all. I don't mind spending money on WGT btw. Own 2 sets of clubs (rapture and g10) and most of the z wedges and buy balls all the time....

I do as well...Ive found WGT to be a nice time-waster during long MTT's.

I also think that if the prizes/rewards were much more in tune with the actual money being spent on the site, that many people would not necesarily NEED to have real money payouts.

For instance, $1 represents 100 WGT credits...If you were able to purchase a Vokey Wedge or Oddysey Putter for a 10-15% markup of the credits, then WGT would continually profit from the rake and the markup, and you would have more people willing to "gamble" or compete in tournaments with their credits in order to get a prize.  This would also benefit the players as I could throw $40 in credits on WGT, and hopefully run them up enough to buy a $100 putter.

I am sure this has been mentioned previously, but I think a compromise of sorts between the end users and WGT would make the experience of playing here much more enjoyable for the long haul.

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 7:53 AM

Your absolutely correct Show, however I see nothing wrong with it, invariably people will gripe about anything, WGT is a great site, and people dont have to gamble or spend a dime. See ya on the course!

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 8:12 AM

Showtime29:
    For instance, $1 represents 100 WGT credits...If you were able to purchase a Vokey Wedge or Oddysey Putter for a 10-15% markup of the credits, then WGT would continually profit from the rake and the markup, and you would have more people willing to "gamble" or compete in tournaments with their credits in order to get a prize.  This would also benefit the players as I could throw $40 in credits on WGT, and hopefully run them up enough to buy a $100 putter.
    In an ideal world that would be nice... but as it is right now the sandbagging is starting to get out of control, could you imagine what would happen if there were real money (or close to it as you describe) on the line?

Just something to think about....

• Showtime29
    70 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 1:24 PM

Showtime29:
    In an ideal world that would be nice... but as it is right now the sandbagging is starting to get out of control, could you imagine what would happen if there were real money (or close to it as you describe) on the line?

Just something to think about....

I concur...It would probably be 10x worse if real money were on the line, and I doubt WGT even has any clue how to regulate one account per user, let alone all the other programmatic ways that could be used to cheat.

With that said, making unrealistic prizes is not necessarily helping the user-base get excited about the prospect of turning your hard work into something a little more...."real"...at least IMO. I dont think making realistic prizes with less value is something that will immediately spurn a dramatic turn of cheating, however where there is smoke there is fire,  so that could certainly be a concern.

• SkeeterZ71
    171 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 2:17 AM

I concur...It would probably be 10x worse if real money were on the line

<p>Missing the whole point here. It is real money being gambled with in the ready-gos and some tournaments.. Yet WGT does not treat it like real money, for the players, but they do for themselves. It's called Rake.

If they would do right, they would have an account for the credits in a bank in real dollars to pay out to the players, or offer merchandise at a fair market value. I for one don't think they should mark up the merchandise other than the processing and handling cost because they already get 20% on the rake.

But I do see the wisdom of using the "rake" model as used by poker sites everywhere. It's a great business model. But it's not gonna blossom like it should until they adapt the entire model. That would be payouts, and fair market value. If they ever do the right thing, they would drown in money. We Americans especially like to gamble:)

To address the cheating/sandbagging problem, well you gotta be good enough to beat them anyways. I want the program avatarlee uses :)

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 5:46 AM

SkeeterZ71:
    I want the program avatarlee uses :)
    And I'd love to give it to you, but I still need my brain and my finger... they come in pretty handy, don't you think...............

• Showtime29
    70 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 7:08 AM

SkeeterZ71:

I concur...It would probably be 10x worse if real money were on the line

<p>Missing the whole point here. It is real money being gambled with in the ready-gos and some tournaments.. Yet WGT does not treat it like real money, for the players, but they do for themselves. It's called Rake.

I was referring to, "if" they made it so real money was able to be withdrawn...the cheating problem would inevitably get worse.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2010 7:43 PM

Finally joined you BB and got the Amex card.  Preliminary math figures about a $.001 an hour return on investment for the time it took me to get there.  Oh well.  Been fun, now the pressure's off.

Wife has already laid claim to it for putting up with my swearing and carrying on about this stupid meter.  LOL

RSS