This post has been deleted.
  • Dneirf
    418 Posts
    Thu, Jun 8 2023 11:57 AM

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Thu, Jun 8 2023 3:36 PM

Starbucks777:

It's done: I am leaving WGT after 5 years playing everyday. 

I noticed that when you buy balls, specially expensive ones, the game does not behave the same way, regarding water hazard.

I just played PGA tournament with brand new Titleist balls. I developed a quick mental guide to take wind and slopes into account. On the first 16 holes, everything worked as predicted and as usual.

But on the 17th hole, where there is water just in front of the green, two balls fell unexpectedly in the water, too short.

This is dishonest and I guess WGT is pushing you to buy new balls quicker than expected, which is completely intolerable, and that is not the first time.

Bye bye WGT! 

Well...this is not a new ''feature'' but goes back to Flash era. Congressional is the champion of these ''strange'' shots. If you need video proofs, i can provide it.

No reason to leave though. Just accepted it and move on. I know it's unfair and it feels bad, but it is what it is.

Example:

Congo No6.

The Callaway lake must contain a billion balls, half of them unfairly splashed. Back in time, most of the times you were playing Congo, you had the back pin. It's been 2-3 years now that all of a sudden 9/10 games you have the pin in front...''randomly'' of course...and of course you have the usual splash eventhough you hit it perfectly. So, i have decided to go always safe with this pin, playing long and trying to sink a 30 footer putt. They won't get another ball from me on this hole till the end of the world!!!

However, they can take it on No 11 or 18...no problem!!!

• PAGES
RSS