Forums

Help › Forums

Fraud

Thu, Jun 8 2023 3:36 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Starbucks777
    7 Posts
    Tue, May 9 2023 4:41 AM

It's done: I am leaving WGT after 5 years playing everyday. 

I noticed that when you buy balls, specially expensive ones, the game does not behave the same way, regarding water hazard.

I just played PGA tournament with brand new Titleist balls. I developed a quick mental guide to take wind and slopes into account. On the first 16 holes, everything worked as predicted and as usual.

But on the 17th hole, where there is water just in front of the green, two balls fell unexpectedly in the water, too short.

This is dishonest and I guess WGT is pushing you to buy new balls quicker than expected, which is completely intolerable, and that is not the first time.

Bye bye WGT! 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, May 9 2023 10:05 AM

It's been my experience in these forums that those who feel they have to announce they're leaving, are usually the last ones to do so.

sayin'

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, May 9 2023 11:36 AM

pdb1:

Starbucks777:
    I noticed that when you buy balls, specially expensive ones, the game does not behave the same way, regarding water hazard.

I have not noticed that .

What I have noticed is the players with the better balls get more distance and accuracy .

I'm confused by that, do you mean with the 975c balls he's got he shouldn't expect distance and accuracy?

I'm not saying he's right, I don't think he is,  but the last thing I'd want to hear when $6.50 had just gone into the water is that I should spend more.

I'd probably vent unreasonably too.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Tue, May 9 2023 11:58 AM

Starbucks777:
    It's done: I am leaving WGT after 5 years playing everyday. 

You are a club owner so I hope you let your membership know you are leaving and do not leave them hanging. Cheers and bye bye.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, May 9 2023 1:07 PM

Starbucks777:
    It's done: I am leaving WGT after 5 years playing everyday

Not sure how much trust can anyone put in the rest of your post, if you can't even be truthful about the most basic things... Playing every day would get you to your L89 in more like 5 months, not 5 years.... and you're been a member for 6,5 + years...

• sailorboy22
    23 Posts
    Tue, May 9 2023 2:36 PM

i know some one who had the same prob one time she messaged w.g.t. told them what happened and they gave here the balls back and that is a fact  by her word i cant prove it

• Starbucks777
    7 Posts
    Wed, May 10 2023 2:16 AM

Thank you all for your posts. I’m gonna try to reply to each of them. I apologize in advance for my English, as this is not my native language.

@AnaNilolaj: it took me 50 games to get from L87 to L88. Playing one time a day at that rate would take 12 years, not 5 months. (I am working, I can play no more than a few games each day, sometimes not a single one, and when you do that, the game does not give you lots of experience points, as you have to start again from zero). I remember moving up from one level to another was faster in the low levels.

@callaghan159: don’t worry, I cherish human qualities and I will do everything in the club accordingly.

@DodgyPutter: thank you for your thorough reply. I think additional information would be helpful here. Indeed, these high rank balls give you more accuracy, more effect and a slower meter, which results in an easier playing.

The game I was playing is the PGA tournament. Wind was almost calm. The first 15 holes were played with no problem, which gave me a strong validation of my distances (I’ve been earning my clubs for some time now, and am very confident with their performances=> I know precisely almost to the closest yard where my ball will land).

But suddenly, on hole 16, two balls fell 7 yards shorter, with a club (6 iron) I’ve been playing many times on the previous holes. And, as if by chance, these two missed strokes occurred on a hole, where you can lose your ball…

It has happened in the past, on some Par 3s at Wolf Creek, exactly in the same way (water was standing on one side, you take the wind effect into account, but even if you hit the ball straight in the center, it goes straight into the water…).

I wonder if the algorithm has been programmed on purpose, because it never happens with low priced balls.

If the customer support is reading this post, I would be more than happy to read an explanation.

• Starbucks777
    7 Posts
    Wed, May 10 2023 2:48 AM

Thank you all for your posts. I’m gonna try to reply to each of them. I apologize in advance for my English, as this is not my native language.

@AnaNilolaj: it took me 50 games to get from L87 to L88. Playing one time a day at that rate would take 12 years, not 5 months. (I am working, I can play no more than a few games each day, sometimes not a single one, and when you do that, the game does not give you lots of experience points, as you have to start again from zero). I remember moving up from one level to another was faster in the low levels.

@callaghan159: don’t worry, I cherish human qualities and I will do everything in the club accordingly.

@DodgyPutter: thank you for your thorough reply. I think additional information would be helpful here. Indeed, these high rank balls give you more accuracy, more effect and a slower meter, which results in an easier playing.

The game I was playing is the PGA tournament. Wind was almost calm. The first 15 holes were played with no problem, which gave me a strong validation of my distances (I’ve been earning my clubs for some time now, and am very confident with their performances=> I know precisely almost to the closest yard where my ball will land).

But suddenly, on hole 16, two balls fell 7 yards shorter, with a club (6 iron) I’ve been playing many times on the previous holes. And, as if by chance, these two missed strokes occurred on a hole, where you can lose your ball…

It has happened in the past, on some Par 3s at Wolf Creek, exactly in the same way (water was standing on one side, you take the wind effect into account, but even if you hit the ball straight in the center, it goes straight into the water…).

I wonder if the algorithm has been programmed on purpose, because it never happens with low priced balls.

If the customer support is reading this post, I would be more than happy to read an explanation.

• PAGES
RSS