Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Abolish unlimited round tournaments

Thu, Dec 24 2009 5:53 AM (32 replies)
  • duffer66
    700 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2009 7:37 PM

My thoughts on multiplay tournaments are: The single play and multi rounds can be done in a few days, I live in a state that does not allow me to pay and play so all the other rounds are not available to me. When I finish my single and multi rounds I would essentially be done for the week so the multi rounds come into play for me more than other players, how many times can you practice and not be able to try and win something? Just my 2cents .

• Longshire
    186 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2009 10:22 PM
    Duffer is a great proof positive..doubtless there are many in similar circumstances..( There are certainly an exorbitant amount of players that just don't even take a gander at the forum). Case closed...Long Live the free weeklies(and sometimes monthlies)! Ask Not What WGT can do for U...Ask what U can do for WGT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. I'll whupp Ya in Match-Play.....Get Some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • columbiacgt
    565 Posts
    Thu, Dec 24 2009 5:53 AM

Since this is a golf simulation game, it should be as close to reality as possible. Now, there is no such thing as multiround tournaments in golf, that's basically the reason why I think the format should be changed. There are practice rounds for practicing. Someone here said that 250 yards drives are not realistic: well, any low handicap golf player in reasonable shape (the equivalent of a Master in the WGT world) can hit a 250 yard drive in very normal conditions. Other differences from real golf (stance, draw and fade, uphill or downhill lies, etc.) are basically technical problems on which i'm sure WGT is working on. I am confident that sooner or later we will have to deal with most of the variables that exist in the real game (oh Lord ...:)  

I've read of a lot of good ideas, the one i like best is the 72 hole, 4 round weekly tournament, just like a real Open !!! WOW !!! And maybe add up the scores, or the earnings, of a season of Opens to determine the REAL WGT Champion. Great !!

RSS