Forums

Help › Forums

Re: becoming tour Legend

Mon, Apr 22 2024 6:33 PM (73 replies)
  • MattyNic0
    28 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2024 11:10 AM

Dave33200:

Here is the new chart that most people agree is true after the last update from WGT.

I became a Master with an avg of 69.72.  How does that work with this chart?   

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2024 12:49 PM

SamSpayed:

4salebyowner:

Okay after reading this, it makes sense, but how is a person to know how many ranked rounds he\she has in a tier. I'm at level 99 and with a 63.2 avg. have been for 5 years now. Average hasn't change in 3 years now. I could be wrong, but I have beaten some, not all TMs, and have been known to beat legends. This is why I am confused!

There is a handy chart that SimonTheBeetle created a little over 4 years ago (SEE CHART HERE).  

As a Master, you'll need your best 40 ranked rounds at Master tier to average 63.00 or less in order to Tier up to TM.  With 865 ranked rounds total in your Score History, I'm sure you've already played 40 ranked rounds at Master tier.  You just need to get your average down to 63.00.  You're very close (63.20 average).  Shoot a few more 31's on 9-hole ranked rounds and you'll get there 🙂

Alternatively, as a Master, if you win a few more Match Play games (not coin games) against TMs and above, that will provide a scoring boost that may push you up to TM.

Hope this helps.

Just as an addition, match play needs to be either scored or challenge mode. And there were only 5 ranked rounds played in the last 4 months, so start playing those, if you want to tier up... 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2024 2:19 PM

MattyNic0:

If you're also playing coin games, it's most likely the case you got tiered up by the algorithm used there. Among other ways, coin players can be tiered up by Levels. 

• MattyNic0
    28 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2024 9:42 AM

Robert1893:

MattyNic0:

If you're also playing coin games, it's most likely the case you got tiered up by the algorithm used there. Among other ways, coin players can be tiered up by Levels. 

What's the level for tour pro in coin games, anyone know?  I read on here somewhere that the guy who works all that stuff out left WGT and took his equations with him so now no one really knows how to do it.  

I play coin games mostly but still play a few ranked games and tournaments.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Mar 24 2024 6:53 PM

MattyNic0:

Robert1893:

MattyNic0:

What's the level for tour pro in coin games, anyone know?  I read on here somewhere that the guy who works all that stuff out left WGT and took his equations with him so now no one really knows how to do it.  

I play coin games mostly but still play a few ranked games and tournaments.

I also heard that...It seems WGT doesn't take any better care of its' employees than it does its' customer base.

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Mon, Mar 25 2024 6:38 AM

ct690911:

I also heard that...It seems WGT doesn't take any better care of its' employees than it does its' customer base.

So just because someone moves on for a better career opportunity, retires, or leaves for any other number of valid reasons, that somehow infers that WGT doesn't care about their employees?  I think you're painting with a broad brush there Colin, just my opinion.

Also, it's extremely unlikely that any "equations" made by an employee regarding algorithms vital to the game don't fall under a legal/contractual intellectual property agreement.  There are exceptions, but are very rare.

"The employer usually owns all IP developed using company technology and funding. So, employees who are specifically hired to create, develop, or research a specific intellectual property will not get the opportunity to claim ownership rights as long as their contract has an ownership clause with regards to any IP they handle."  

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Mar 25 2024 12:56 PM

Black Bogey;

You are correct, sir. I certainly cut a wide swath with my comments. Just a mood I was in, I guess.

My apologies to all.

ct

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Mon, Mar 25 2024 3:37 PM

ct690911:

Black Bogey;

You are correct, sir. I certainly cut a wide swath with my comments. Just a mood I was in, I guess.

My apologies to all.

ct

Been there / done that, as we all have at some point.  No apologies necessary. 

Being a regular reader/sometimes poster here, and somewhat active on Discord, I just see a lot of trash thrown at WGT that isn't necessarily warranted.  Now they certainly do have their issues (too many to type out actually), there is a lot of stuff thrown out there that just doesn't make sense.

Just read a rant on Discord yesterday that WGT was altering green speeds to screw a TM out of credits because all his putts were coming 1-2 feet short.  Possible, yes?  Likely, Not!

• MattyNic0
    28 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2024 2:01 AM

BlackBogey:
    Now they certainly do have their issues (too many to type out actually), there is a lot of stuff thrown out there that just doesn't make sense.

Wind speeds is something they need to look at. The amount of times I've aimed accordingly, hit ding and then seen my ball fly off in the other direction is rather alarming.  

• Daniel24326
    163 Posts
    Mon, Apr 22 2024 9:13 AM

Just to let you know this does not work. I have been a legend for well over a year and something and at present I have an average of 60.30. I have played 2250 ranked rounds and I am still a legend, I have been a 60 average For many months So this chart is way outdated. I play every day two or three times minimum so the chart is actually worthless unless I truly am missing something.

RSS