Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Server lag

Thu, Oct 29 2009 4:12 PM (34 replies)
  • jeff26
    97 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2009 10:05 PM

it seems 90% of this lag is when playing multiplayer....when i play single the game acts very different.

Multiplayer the swing meter is unreliable and very jumpy and i know for a fact its not my pc

dual core

4gigs ddr2

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2009 11:11 PM

This has been brought up before by others..when in multiplay  get everyone to turn there flash qualities to at least med...there will be less waiting for other players and meter stumbeling will be reduced by 80%

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 1:47 PM

tibbets:

The wgtg#.wgt.com servers are by far the smoothest and most consistent.  It's the psj-gs#.wgt.com servers that are the issue I do believe.

I think we can pin this choppy swing meter issue down if we can narrow down the problems to a few of the servers, and find ways to improve the performance on those servers.  This very well may be the linchpin of the mystery behind the inconsistent meter.

Only server that comes up for me is psj-gs03. Now how can I get off this server?

Someone said it was random every time you brought up the game client, but that doesn't seem to be the case with me. Restarted the client maybe 10 times, loaded thru psj-gs03 each time.

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 2:45 PM

odd...mine is random.

each time i play a round i note which server i'm on and i record a little check for "good" or "bad" on the meter...oddly psj02 has the best record/meter performance for myself.

gl

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Thu, Oct 29 2009 4:12 PM

Well still the same inability to switch to a different server sort of. I started on psj-gs03 then I believe when I started a multiplayer it switched to psj-gs04 and has been stuck on that ever since.

RSS