Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Ping red wood putter

Mon, Jan 18 2010 12:24 PM (91 replies)
  • Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2010 12:51 PM

Hi All...On my Blog I posted a little thing about "Putting Distances" that correlate the 5 meters for this putter.  The info doesn't help me hit the white line any better, but it helps in determining how much power to use.  Check it out and let me know what you think.

Joey 

• mannyo68
    23 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 12:24 PM
    I totally agree with iwb about the Redwood being more precise and forgiven on a straight putt versus the standard. I have found with the Redwood putter it is imperative to leave the pointer on the same axis as the hole. I used to drag the pointer beyond to see the line and then leave it there. The starter would go in but the Redwood would miss maddeningly. I believe this is because of it's 4-ball rating on precision where it is trying to stay on line longer than usual because I have the pointer 2 ft. past the hole thus causing it to break later than normal. I am a lot more accurate making sure the pointer is on the same horizontal axis as the hole. The problem is that 3 days ago I gave each ball speed movement on the grid a certain measure and moved the pointer accordingly. A "tick" for each movement as someone mentioned earlier. 3 days ago there were only 4 different speeds of the putting grid balls. I was sinking everything. When I missed I could quantify as to why. The last two days it seems like there are 5 to 6 different speeds. I can't find the appropriate "tick" measurement for these new ball speeds. Are my eyes just playing games on me? I know I see about 5 different speeds. I understand that for each round the greens should play differently and changing the ball speed measurement is the only way to keep the game fresh and challenging. Does anyone else see 6 different speeds now? By the way.. my round of 80 that I recently posted was done accidentally during one of my practice rounds where I constantly putt from 6 to 20 ft until I sink one. Thought I was in the practice mode. Ooops!!
RSS