Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Are the Z Satin TP 54 degree and 60 degree wedges found at the Pro Shop URL below,

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 30 2011 4:43 AM (7 replies)
  • Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 1:36 PM
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 3:01 PM

You can get an overview of all clubs side by side here......

http://wgt.com/forums/t/6927.aspx?PageIndex=1

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 3:22 PM

I don't think they're really classed as anything but simply wedges.  I think anything from 54 deg and up can be classed as a SW for the purposes of WGT.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 5:23 PM

I was thinking maybe he thought he had to stick to the bag layout you get for free- PW, SW and LW and was trying to figure out which clubs he could use. Kinda makes sense when you're brand new, I guess.

@Oldstir-Don't worry about what they're called, set your bag up by the coverage you get from the different ones. I carried 4 wedges for a long time and still do in some conditions. The only thing you can't do is break up the iron set. If you can buy it you can use it.  GL

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 6:10 PM

"I carried 4 wedges for a long time"

Okay but what I'm confused about is; don't you have to play with one or the other?

i.e. during a round, the WGT club selection at the bottom left of the screen only gives you one choice of each a PW, SW and LW.  so if i buy a new Satin wedge, then I lose the 50-yd LW for that particular round, correct?

in other words, you can't play a round and have the choice of 2 different SWs and 2 different LWs or can you?  So, yes you can carry 4 wedges as part of your overall equipment but you can't use any and/or all 4 of those wedges during any given round, correct?  That's what I'm concerned about.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2011 12:33 AM

Apart from one set of irons and a putter (chosen from whichever ones you own), for any round you are free to stock your bag with whatever clubs you happen to own in your equipment.

Those 5 extra clubs could be multiple wedges (whatever loft or name they are called), drivers, hybrids or whatnot. Thus you will often see players on CTTH removing their driver, which is unlikely to be needed, and replacing it with an extra wedge, etc. etc.

However, you cannot change clubs in the middle of a round.

• PRBBLUFF
    91 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2011 3:18 AM

you can replace your 3 wood or hybrid with any wedge. That will give you any four wedges to use

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2011 4:43 AM

Oldstir:
    in other words, you can't play a round and have the choice of 2 different SWs and 2 different LWs or can you? 

Yes you can. The club selection in the lower left is just the caddie's idea of what you should play. What you carry in your bag is your business and oftentimes the caddie does not know what you have and will suggest something that doesn't make sense to you. Don't listen to the caddy. LOL.

You're allowed to carry 13 clubs. The only one you can't change out is the putter but the other 12 can be anything you want (iron sets must be intact) and you can use any of them in any given round.  :-)

RSS