Forums

Help › Forums

Re: One of the Hardest Rewards

Sun, Mar 27 2011 3:48 AM (8 replies)
  • SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 4:23 PM
    Now, I know others will most certainly disagree with my point on this, but for me this has been one of the hardest awards to obtain. Always seemed late to the dance on this one so to speak and have feel short on the last few holes way more often than I care to count. Today though, I finally obtained this coveted award. Now, lets go after that double eagle one, it should be a bit easier. LOL
    Tin The Dance Floor 18

Tin The Dance Floor 18

100% Green in Regulation for 18 hole round

• wjj8
    218 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 5:15 PM

In complete agreement...and if you think the first one was hard...I think I am still working on the second....lol

Much respect to those that seem to do it without even thinking...always get to 17th and fold...lol

And CONGRATULATIONS! on a great job obtaining this award...great job!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 5:44 PM

SGTBilko:
    Now, I know others will most certainly disagree with my point on this, but for me this has been one of the hardest awards to obtain. Always seemed late to the dance on this one so to speak and have feel short on the last few holes way more often than I care to count. Today though, I finally obtained this coveted award. Now, lets go after that double eagle one, it should be a bit easier. LOL
    Tin The Dance Floor 18

Tin The Dance Floor 18

Oh you have no idea how many times I screwed by missing one.

ARG

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 5:56 PM

Thanks, I am in full agreement with ICON. way to many missed greens on 17 to count

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 6:01 PM

wjj8:

In complete agreement...and if you think the first one was hard...I think I am still working on the second....lol

Much respect to those that seem to do it without even thinking...always get to 17th and fold...lol

And CONGRATULATIONS! on a great job obtaining this award...great job!

TY!

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 7:06 PM

Well done Bilko.  I got mine either yesterday or the day before.  I thought maybe it was a new award.  Managed to do it again today, but no award this time.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 8:47 PM

Congrats, and yes this is a tough award.  Got the Gold on 9 with 460 rounds hitting all greens.  Only 89 on the full 18.  So hard to keep it going for a full 18 hole round.

The Double Eagle award is the one that alludes me.  Still chasing my first with several chances .3-.5 from hole.

• bladelad
    147 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 3:48 AM

I achieved this award yesterday, and couldn`t figure out why. Thanks to Sgt Bilko I now know why Cheers Sgt.Still only managed a round of 74 though due to crap putting.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 4:16 AM

SGTBilko:

Tin The Dance Floor 18

Tin The Dance Floor 18

I got mine a few months back. I just checked and I am about a 1/3 of the way to the bronze, with 8.

The hardest for me of course was the double eagle award. I could hardly breathe for a few minutes after I got it. If it hadn't been on the last hole of the round I might have had trouble finishing the round. According to Columbia's Double eagle club there are only 50 that have done it. But there are probably some that don't know about the club and have have made one and only they and WGT know. Also only 14 of us did it with a hole in one on a par 4. But again there may be more who are unaware of the club and have not been honored. 

RSS