Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Question about R/G Tournys

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 12 2011 4:18 PM (4 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Mar 12 2011 12:29 AM

Is it the same conditions for everybody that plays a Ready Go Tourny...  (same Wind).. I'm fuming at the moment and yes it could be a complaint.  I've been reading the Forums about people complaining that it's too easy to win one of these things by people with higher Ave's with low scores, but geez, just played the latest F9 St.Andy...heavy winds, legend tees (which I don't mind, sometimes...lol), but most of the holes were 25-31mph sideways wind. The only hole hitting with the wind was the 8th... par3 25mph..pin at the front.... Now come on WGT, A few people complain about 'It's too easy for higher average golfers to win the comp, we have to make the game harder'.... what rubbish... I don't mind playing these things, but those conditions were shocking and WGT might be starting to take the fun out of the game because a select few complains that are not winning anymore

-Roger

• SteamboatTW99
    67 Posts
    Sat, Mar 12 2011 5:13 AM

Try a RG Trny at St Andrews B9, #17 with a 25-31 wind in your face from the legend tees.  It is a blast!  :))))

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Mar 12 2011 10:50 AM

Pretty sure the wind force is the same, just not the directions...i/e if the direction was the same for everyone on every hole, then a buddy could tell another buddy "hey...holes "xx-etc down wind" and so on, and allow the player to adjust clubs accordingly.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Mar 12 2011 11:20 AM

Wind conditions are same in effect that it's heavy wind. Wind direction is random for everyone.

-wgticon

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Mar 12 2011 4:18 PM

Thanks for your replies... Now I've had my hissy-fit for the week, i've calmed down a bit...lol.

I don't mind heavy winds, but I always get the bad ones...those sideway heavy winds from the blacks are shocking and when ya get them just about every hole is stupid...lol... I shot a very hard 37 on that St.Andys comp, which for me as a newby Legend is not bad considering the conditions.

Judging by the posts I've been reading there is alot of people saying the Ready-Go's are too easy, meaning too many scores under 30 winning and they should be made alot harder to shoot under 30. I think the R'G's should be made easier. Ok, ya still going to get the people shooting under 30 regardless of conditions but if the Comps are made easier then everybody can have a chance and not just the Elite and/or the TM's with low averages  winning all the time  (which i don't mind, I was one of TM's not long ago) Looks like the latter is why they are complaining.

Just a thought

Cheers

Roger

RSS