Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Bethpage Black #7

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 25 2011 2:14 PM (8 replies)
  • Nick06
    6 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2010 9:08 AM

Hi.  I'm looking for some suggestions for #7 on Bethpage Black.  I'm a master and from where I tee off, it is a par 4 525 yards.  It seems that I can never make it on in 2 shots and I'm always putting for par or bogey.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Also, I'm using the Rapture V2 Driver, and 3w.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2010 9:40 AM

Nick06:

Hi.  I'm looking for some suggestions for #7 on Bethpage Black.  I'm a master and from where I tee off, it is a par 4 525 yards.  It seems that I can never make it on in 2 shots and I'm always putting for par or bogey.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Also, I'm using the Rapture V2 Driver, and 3w.

Until you get to a high enough level to purchase a decent driver - sadly there is really nothing you can do. Just hope after a driver and a fairway wood your are in a position where you can approach using a shorth iron/wedge. The good thing is that the green isn't that bad.

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2010 10:08 AM

Agree with mohuyu. This is probably the second hardest hole on BPB after #15 - even the hole info says that a par is a good score ! It takes two very good shots to get on the green, then it's up to your putter. I've just learned to accept this, and when the wind is behind me I dare to dream dreams of a birdie, otherwise take the 4 and run.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2010 11:00 AM

It's all in the mind No.7. Were it a par 5 you'd likely think of it as a guaranteed birdie hole everytime, you'd expect to make 4 on it. Just think of the number and not the name for it ;^)

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2010 11:14 AM

BPB #7 becomes hard to reach if you become a legend, no matter your equipment is.  Of course, for masters, it might be a little easier, but nonetheless, you will have to learn how to stick your third shot within 5 ft of the hole, no matter if it's a putt, a pitch, or a full swing, so my advice is to work on your short game: under 8 yards = chip, 8-23 yards = pitch, 24+ yards = full swing with a high-loft wedge and 100% backspin.

Birdies are rare on #7, but if you can make bogeys rare too, you're doing just fine.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2010 12:34 PM

Raptures are for pros. Masters need G10's. Just the way it is.

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 6:53 AM

i do just fine with the Raptures,In fact i love them,They keep my Blood pressure at an acceptable level.:)

• Beryman
    9,085 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 7:42 AM

LOL Tess....we can  all benefit from that advice  :)

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2011 2:14 PM

Nick06:

I figure if I get bogey that's pretty much "par" for the hle. I have birdied it one time. It's frustrating and should be a par 5

RSS