Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Only 31 legends online.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 24 2010 2:18 AM (49 replies)
  • lkennedy
    194 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 9:11 AM

Why is it that WGT admin has not posted in this, or closely related threads to say they are working on our concerns?  That solutions will be implemented in the next update?  That they are even listening?

If a player of Bollox's caliber is acknowledging the disparity between the upper tiers, there must surely be a problem.

How much more "experience" do I need after 2000+ rounds to level up to a club that still won't let me reach the fairway on St. Andy's 7 with a big headwind?

How fair is it that I spot my best golf buddy 60 yards after my tee shot?

Not gonna list all of my gripes.  Most of my friends are still Tour Masters and are determined to stay that way after seeing the view from my tee box.  I don't blame them.

On the other hand, I am adapting somewhat to the new circumstances.  But then again, I keep playing the front 9 at Andy's over and over and over and over....

There are Legends still posting in the 50's and low 60's under the new format.  I am not one of them.  Maybe an Elite tier?

I play mostly alone because of my night job.  If it weren't for my CC tournys I wouldn't be playing much at all.  There's no money to be made there, but that's not why I play.  Maybe WGT could segregate between those who want to win credits and those who will spend money on balls and clubs just to have fun with their friends.  Just a thought.

Am not an economist or computer guru, but it seems obvious that WGT's revenue should be down since the last update.  Listen to its members?  Fix what's broken?  Not break what's working?  I don't have the definitive solution (if there is one), but it seems to me that from a business standpoint, the customer is usually right.

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 12:37 PM

Holein15:

this game is to unrealistic. The strokes when it comes to Chipping onto the green and putting. you use the stroke meter and you ball will go half way across the green then when you go to do the same stroke back to the hold you only go 10 ft or less. Then lets say you are chipping onto the green. you take the stoke meter all the way to then end and hit excellent on the way back and your ball only goes 1 yd. whats up with that???

It depends on how deep in the rough you're chipping from.  If you're at the edge or close to the edge of the rough then you'll be able to chip, If you're further back then you need to pitch for flop, chipping will not work.

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 11:47 AM

Its not the tees its the tee green combination,Hitting 190 into an ice rink with a 9 tail wind with the pin in the middle inst fun,Tees are ok , scratch the tourney greens and give us very fast at a one meter stint higher level will be more than adequate,

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 12:35 PM

No offence meant but a lot of them seem to be trying to hold on to their average rather than taking on the challenge. Not sure what I would do if I were them but it's hard to get a game against one now. I love to play against good golfers as it it can only improve my game in the long run.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 12:41 PM

Quite a few good players who should be legends are sandbagging as TM's or M's in MPC, so legends mostly do not play MPC games against non-legends (if anyone at all) anymore.

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 1:24 PM

A lot of them have cut their playing time down,I will too after the Ryder Cup,If and when changes are made then this place might resume its appeal at the moment its a graveyard for legends,this is the price we pay for being dedicated.I just had a 61 foot putt 4 inches uphill championship greens par 3 5th Kiawa im 2 feet on the fringe.i hitt 53 it goes 9 feet past i try to make a difficult par putt on a ice rink and the meter spikes ,I give up i was 2 under at the time,maybe i no longer have the patients for this place anymore.Just one comment for you pitztaker dont you go legend because if im struggling then what chance have you got,You have no idea how hard the game is from 190 yards into an ice green  no idea,

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 2:01 PM

OK - I'm coming in late on this thread but let me say a thing about sandbagging. I consider myself a decent wgt player BUT maybe - I don’t play enough or maybe I'm destine to be a tm forever..lol. The lowest avg. I ever had was just before the Legend tiers were updated into the system. That avg was a 61.-- I held that avg - posting scores daily for about a week, then it gradually went back up. I have to say I don’t know how  (wgt) categorized there tier system but you must have to hold that low avg for a while in order to become a Legend and let me say this - my hat goes off to some of these outstanding players. I find it very difficult to hold a very low avg. Getting there (low avg) is one thing - holding that avg at a 59 / 60 / 61 I find VERY hard to do. If you see TM's posting scores daily chances are they're just like me - an avg joe that may never make it to Legend. I am up for the challenge if I ever get the opportunity, but I’m finding it difficult to get that opportunity. I honestly don’t know if I will EVER be able to hold below a 62 avg…EVER. The key word in this last sentence is “HOLD”. I do play daily- sometimes a lot 2 /3 hrs of all golf – sometimes 1 hr golf 1 to 2 hrs posting comments..lol I play with a member in my cc that is just 1 of these outstanding Legends. I watched his avg go from a 59 “Master”  to a “68 avg “Legend” and now I have seen it drop as low as 63 and most importantly STAY at 63…freaking unbelievable.  I have posted my opinions and company wide issues on this tier system and it will be very interesting to see what if ANYTHING wgt will do to either improve the game or completely self destruct.  Lastly – This game has become a “Skilled game”. From once being a fun, relaxing, kick around a few stories and still shoot a good game , GAME to a “thinking out every shot  – concentrating – determining wind direction and force – green speed – competitive game. Fairly big leap overnight. I had some time to blow off and I didn’t feel like playing , I felt more like posting so……I’ll ttyl my friends..lol edge

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 2:16 PM

ironking34:
    A legends driver would be the best solution. Not anything too crazy somewhere between 285-290 would make the game more enjoyable for legends

Tour Masters think you deserve it.

On the other hand, after 150 levels, will any of us not be legends? Our name will be legend.

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 11:33 PM

If WGT doesn't respond to the outcry of discontent from its top players, I'm sure my opinion won't matter---------Hey WGT--I ain't buying no more credits--OK? Tired of giving you money and have you constantly change the playing conditions.

I was a Master for a month and had a hard time adjusting to clubs with fast meter and very fast greens--but I did--got my avg down to 63 and then bam bam--I'm a Legend. 550 yard par 4s into a 20mph wind and no one--NO ONE on this net work can get on the green in Regulation---that includes Bollin_ ---So go ahead install some more updates---hell, make it harder like 300 yard par 3s-to an elevated green-Now that sounds like fun.

By the way--Tour Masters should play the same Tees as Legends, so should Tour Pros. They need some of this fun. Come and get it---suckers

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 2:18 AM

By the way, I have created the Club Select - Legends Only for us legends to play solely with other legends. Come and join the crazy fun!

RSS