Re: R1 Driver

Fri, Mar 28 2014 1:14 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2013 1:02 PM

MainzMan:

courteneyfish:

As for the 18th at Merion, try using full backspin.

Or try Tour SD balls.  At 65 credits a sleeve they're a great bargain.  You're playing the free ones now so the fast meter won't be a problem

And Courteney is right, full B/S will get you more flight as long as you aren't hitting into a strong headwind.

Courteney didn't say anything about "flight" and of course "B/S will get you more flight".  You missed the point. :)  As for: "as long as you aren't hitting into a strong headwind"; tell that to Jim, who obviously doesn't get it and chooses to use vulgar abbreviations.

Bottom line is: Starter balls don't Cut It on #18 Merion and many Pensioners can't afford $40 - $100 a month for better balls.  My Last Word on this Topic; so knock yourselves out kids and have a great day.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2013 2:57 PM

'You can lead a horse to water but.........................'

*shaking head with incredulity*

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2013 4:15 PM

THE SURVEY'S ...

im pretty sure ,,work for people on a pension too .. 

my best friend on here is in canada ...( newfi) ... an they work just fine for him...he has a nice cred nest egg...

so ..play ya old starter balls .. OLDSTIR    ...better balls are free too... ffs ( for funs sake) 

geeeesh .... 

• JMalec
    123 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2013 4:37 PM

There are just some people who would complain if you hung them with a new rope.

Apparently the surveys, et al work well enough to buy clubs as the R1 isn't free but not golf balls.

I shudder to think what might be happening as this person were in the group ahead of me on a real course as he passed a lake or other hazard.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2013 4:54 PM

2DAMFLASHY:

THE SURVEY'S ...

im pretty sure ,,work for people on a pension too .. 

I do believe you may be correct. Perhaps the small print excludes  cankerous pensioners?

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2013 5:05 PM

If being cantankerous is a prerequisite, then I think 'oldsir' is over qualified ? :))

• RobertoPro
    110 Posts
    Fri, Mar 28 2014 1:14 PM

Is thte R1 coming back for a special sale?

I am in the same situation, made L93 after the sale and now everyone in my Level is outdriving me and having closer second shots.  Does seem unfair to not perodically make the driver available to use at L93 again.

Thanks, R

• PAGES
RSS