Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I missed the ball?!?!

Sat, Mar 27 2010 3:08 PM (4 replies)
  • CoastieJeff
    33 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 10:59 AM

So I'm on the fringe, and decide to putt instead of chip. It's about a 50'-er, so I pull the club back, wait for the slider to line up, and 'click'. I MISSED THE BALL, and am charged a stroke!! How does THAT happen??

Anyone else have a similar situation?

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 11:26 AM

sometimes the ball appears to be on the fringe when in fact it is in the green side rough which can be 34/40 % if that is the case a putt most likely wont move at all and if it does it only moves a few  inches.it happens to all of us at times. We think we are in the fringe when we are really in the rough.If you were in the fringe wgt would default to your putter.  Be sure to check your lie before making shots near the edge of the green. And even chips from that rough won't move much. 

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 11:28 AM

Hi Jeff.  Doing anything from the fringe or just off the green takes practice.  An area that can make me crazy is just in front of the green on BP #13 (the par 5) when the pin is in front of the green.  That area will appear like fairway, but plays like rough.  The best advice I can think of (after checking the tutorials and the putting, chipping and pitch tips over there---->)  is to go to the practice games and hit those shots over and over.  Learn the pitch, flop and even hitting full wedge shots with less power.  After you are on the practice green, just putt back to the rough or fringe and do it again.  You'll have 10 or 11 shots, on each hole, before reaching the stroke limit.  I some times have problems with the auto caddie selections...seems like whenever I change it, something goofs up.  Another thing I have never been very successful with is hitting anything but my putter on the greens.  I Guess need to go to that practice green myself (smile). 

Joey

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 1:06 PM

Hi Jeff,

When you experience odd behavior like that please be sure to right-click anywhere in the game-screen and choose the "Submit this problem to WGT" option.  That will flag your shot amongst the millions and gives our developers a chance to look and see exactly what the issue there was.  In-game bug reports automatically include information like where you were on the course, where you were aiming, lie % and a host of other things and are very useful for us to track down your one specific shot.

Without a bug report trying to track down your one shot is the equivalent to looking for a needle in a haystack the size of Rhode Island.  =)

• CoastieJeff
    33 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 3:08 PM

Thanks for the replys everyone.

Oh, and check out my 9" putt with the 3-wood in my saved replays. Kinda funny.

RSS