Forums

Help › Forums

Winter Olympics 2010!

Sun, Feb 28 2010 8:08 PM (59 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 2:04 PM

Agreed Snaike. I myself found it inappropriate, but to each their own. Don't lose sight of the fact that some in the media slammed the center ice party. I didn't find it offensive or anything, just a bit unprofessional.

My point is, the Canadian girls played a great game, and congratulations are in order. I would be saying the same thing had the Americans won and a brew fest commenced.

It's all good.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 7:49 PM

News flash: Apollo Ohno railroaded out of a silver medal in the 500m speed skating event. His hand clearly came off the Canadian before he fell.

Maybe Apollo will have better luck in the re-lay later this evening.

Congratulations to Canada for two more medals in the 500m speed skating.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 8:50 PM

The GOOD news, Canada leading all currently with TEN Gold medals!!!! (well good for Canucks)

The not so good news.   That was not a very impressive win against the Slovaks AND the USA team looked much better in their victory against Finland.

Falling all over the ice in the dying seconds and Demetrei hits the post with 5 seconds left!   No, we barely squeaked by I'm afraid unlike the USA semi game. 

They are going to have play a lot better than that if they want the Gold, right now it doesnt look good BUT they have a way to rising to the challenge so lets see.

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 9:52 PM

Richard4168:
    News flash: Apollo Ohno railroaded out of a silver medal in the 500m speed skating event. His hand clearly came off the Canadian before he fell.
     Ummm... were we watching the same race?  Even if his hand comes off before he fell, it's still the cause of the fall!

Richard4168:
    Maybe Apollo will have better luck in the re-lay later this evening.
     Opps... yeah sorry about that one.... ;^)

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 10:03 PM

jayjonbeach:

The not so good news.   That was not a very impressive win against the Slovaks AND the USA team looked much better in their victory against Finland.

Falling all over the ice in the dying seconds and Demetrei hits the post with 5 seconds left!   No, we barely squeaked by I'm afraid unlike the USA semi game. 

They are going to have play a lot better than that if they want the Gold, right now it doesnt look good BUT they have a way to rising to the challenge so lets see

I'm concerned too.... Although the Slovakian team was grossly underestimated in this tournament, the defensive breakdowns by Canada in the last 5 minutes of the 3rd period just CANNOT happen on Sunday!  

P.S. That was not the post in the dying seconds, that was Luongo's glove that deflected away the Pavol Demitra shot!  Way to go Robbie LOUUUUUUUUU!!!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2010 11:00 AM

Opps... yeah sorry about that one.... ;^)

Yeah AvLee, I guess. I don't know what apollo was doing in that re-lay race, but a bronze medal is better than no medal.

Canada kicked it in high gear at the end of the games, and won some Gold and silver medals. I'll be watching the hockey game of the decade though Sunday.

USA vs Canada

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2010 2:55 PM

P.S. That was not the post in the dying seconds, that was Luongo's glove that deflected away the Pavol Demitra shot!  Way to go Robbie LOUUUUUUUUU!!!

Holy sh*t you're right!   What a save, that sucker was going in and he just managed to get his arm on it, that was critical! 

Well I think we have the Gold medal count locked down now, Germany is close with 10 but we're up to 12!!!!

This set a couple of records, most Gold ever for Canada (was 10 before) and the most Gold ever won by the host country!!! (was also 10 before)

Start the parties, we still got curling and hockey to come to boot! 

(and if they win both, it will beat the all-time record for the most gold ever won in the winter olympics, which is 13 set by Russia in 1976 and then matched by Norway 2002)

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2010 3:35 PM

And I hear some of those Canadians are pretty good at WGT, too!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2010 6:04 PM

Canada wins Gold medal in Curling. America on top in bobsled. The Gold medals are coming down to the wire.

edit: USA wins bobsled Gold. Canada inches out USA for Gold in speed skating. (Grrrr!)

Way to Canada, 13 Gold medals.

1,644 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2010 6:42 PM

Kevin Martin and crew lock down the Gold and tie for the most ever gold medals in a games!!!  WOOOHOOO!!  Now it's down to the epic battle.... fingers crossed.  Oh yeah there's also the 50K cross country mass start... but who really pays attention to that anyways... lol J/K.

GO CANADA!

RSS