Forums

Help › Forums

Winter Olympics 2010!

Sun, Feb 28 2010 8:08 PM (59 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2010 10:00 AM

The smart people know that, while this US win was impressive, it in no way means anything but a bye through to the semi's...

Don't count your gold medals just yet in your haste to try to 'punk' our Canadian friends.

Remember, the fat lady has to sing and she doesn't even warm up til Wednesday.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Wed, Feb 24 2010 8:08 PM

Lee u turkey!   I'm sure it was you who said the game wasn't until midnight somewhere here.....

Yeah I missed it, but it wasn't much of a game apparently anyway

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/newsid=51145.html#canada+russia+watch+live?cid=msn

Like I said, when the chips are down, no one will stand in the way of the good ole' Canucks....

Sweden could pose somewhat of a threat however, and btw, if you can read this you are too close to your monitor....lol

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 6:31 AM

I think I did somewhere... but it was actually re-scheduled (tv ratings???) thank goodness!!!

Sorry you missed it... Stay tuned tomorrow though.... Slovakia is up next!  They upset the Swedes last night!!!!!

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 8:14 AM

Bring on the Slovaks

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 6:47 PM

One down, one to go!  Way to go Canadian Ladies!  3rd straight Olympic Gold!!

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 12:16 AM

Lets also not forget its not how many medals you win, its WHICH medals you win!!!!

If the USA and Germany aren't careful, Canada could come out with the most outright  wins in the events as right now its a 3-way tie for Gold with 8 a piece and we are still in the running for a few things, curling, hockey of course and others. 

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 7:50 AM

Congrats to the Canadian Ladies for showing everybody how to celebrate a Gold medal Victory.

You Go Girls.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 11:23 AM

Way to go Canadian Ladies!  3rd straight Olympic Gold!!

Congratulations are certainly in order for the women Canadian hockey team, but throwing a party at center ice with alcohol is a bit contentious, and diminishes some aspect of competition in the Winter Olympics. Reports in the sports world where a bit harsher on this story. A win is a win nonetheless.

It was also reported that some of the Canadian female players drinking alcohol where underage as well.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 12:04 PM

Is Ladies' Hockey an oxymoron?

What really struck me was when they sang the Canadian Anthem the entire stadium was singing it and when they got to the final "oh, Canada..." it was in unison and very loud. I'm not even a Canadian and I got goosebumps. 

Rooting for gold medal rematch just for the intensity of it.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 1:37 PM

Richard4168:

Way to go Canadian Ladies!  3rd straight Olympic Gold!!

Congratulations are certainly in order for the women Canadian hockey team, but throwing a party at center ice with alcohol is a bit contentious, and diminishes some aspect of competition in the Winter Olympics. Reports in the sports world where a bit harsher on this story. A win is a win nonetheless.

It was also reported that some of the Canadian female players drinking alcohol where underage as well.

Richard, my friend, I am going to disagree with you.  On home ice, even though they had been there before, it was going to be a party if they won.  Let them celebrate... they waited 4 years and played a hell of a lot better than everyone else.  To that, I simply raise my glass in congratulations to them...

(btw, the legal drinking age there is 19.  The team only has 1 player under age and there was no proof she was drinking... even if she was, it's a champagne celebration, so she gets a pass from me.)

Party on, ladies.... well done and congratulations!

RSS