Sun, Sep 10 2023 8:13 AM (110 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jul 8 2023 4:30 PM

oops.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Jul 8 2023 5:10 PM

Well, my previous post to this thread hasn't got through moderation yet (who knows if it even will), so we'll see if this one does.

I'm pretty sure I know the course, but the bench is not on the 'normal path of play'.  This raises two questions:

1)  How long will it take to hit every square foot of this course in order to find that bench?  Will it take longer than it took to find the 9 signs on Chambers Bay (WARNING: spoiler alert).  (That was a subquestion to question 1).

2)  HP - what on earth were you doing there anyway?!?  Maybe trying one of SCJ's flops?  :)

Off to bed now, will try take another look tomorrow.

• HamdenPro
    2,415 Posts
    Sat, Jul 8 2023 5:14 PM

DodgyPutter:
    It's on the Old Course just South of the hotel on (or off) 17. 

Just because you posted this twice, does not make it correct - :)

Sorry, try again, it is not on, off, or near #17 St. Andrews.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2023 12:51 AM

HamdenPro:
    Just because you posted this twice, does not make it correct - :)

Just twice as wrong I suppose :-(

HamdenPro:
    Sorry, try again, it is not on, off, or near #17 St. Andrews.

Now that I'm hanging out in the hotel grounds, and in danger of arrest, could I run there and hide under it in less than 20min?

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2023 6:11 AM

I've found it!  It was actually so easy when you look around you.  Just shows - we tend to walk around with our eyes closed!  :D

In case you need written confirmation, It's on one of the forward tees on St Andrews #10.

• HamdenPro
    2,415 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2023 5:32 PM

We do have a winner. Unfortunately, it may take a while for the winning answer to reveal itself, due to moderation!  In addition, the one with the correct answer is most happy with the balls he currently possesses and says he is in no need of replacements.

Therefore, until his post appears, the first person who post the correct answer to the location of the bench in question, can still pick up a sleeve of balls.

• HamdenPro
    2,415 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2023 6:27 PM

MioKontic:
    It's on one of the forward tees on St Andrews #10.

Ding, Dnig, Ding...

WE HAVE A WINNER!

#10 St. Andrews

Hope everyone, or those few, who tried to find the bench, finds this enjoyable..

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2023 10:49 PM

Well done Mio. I had an idea it was at St Andrews because of the colour of the cart paths but no clue as to which hole.

Nice work Steff.  ; )

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2023 2:20 AM

That was moved there from just off the 17th.  ;-)

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2023 2:30 AM

I reckon you're right Dodgy, maybe Steff moved it for the picture and then moved it back afterwards...

RSS