Forums

Help › Forums

For OPY .... Name That Hole

Sun, Sep 10 2023 8:13 AM (110 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,415 Posts
    Mon, Jun 12 2023 3:13 PM

ScottHope:
    I'll have a guess at Pebble Beach's 15th?

MioKontic:

I walked every course on WGT, the last one being Pebble Beach, and found this bench to the right of the tee at #15.  Am I correct?

Reply posted on Wednesday 7th June, might take a few days to get through moderation  ;)

OK guys, a couple of problems:

This one is the most troublesome, IMO.  A member provides a "clue". I do not recall asking anyone to provide clues. I asked for the course and hole. For whatever reason, rather than play the game and provide an answer, a clue is given. 

So, how do I know that whoever guesses correctly did not do so simply as a result of the clue (which happens to be correct).

Next, Scott Hope provides the correct answer. He provides a picture showing the hole and it clearly identifies Scott as the player. Interestingly enough, it is the same picture used by our clue provider (who was not Scott Hope).

Did Scott give the clue to the member who then posted the clue which was used by Scott to answer? Confusing...?

Then Mio provides the correct answer, but after Scott, and explains why his answer is actually before Scott's. Mio is on moderation, so his reasoning does make sense.

Scott, seeing Mio answered before Scott, although posted after Scott, deflects by saying how he will eat his bag. (This was a mistake).

Trying to be fair, and simultaneously not be taken advantage of, the fair thing seems to award Mio the balls, for correctly guessing Pebble Beach #15 and insist that Scott actually eat his bag since I am falling for it. 

Next, I believe the individual who provided a clue, when none was asked, and seeing it is the same pic used by Scott in providing an answer after the clue is posted, should use his own credits to award Mio the balls he so richly deserves.

Further, if Mio shamelessly mislead us in his belated reply, by stating that it was not belated at all, Mio should use his credits to gift OPY balls as OPY wishes to use his credits to award balls the next time.

In any event, a deal is a deal, and seeing we really will not know who answered first, Scott or Mio, and I obviously can't expect the clue giver to follow my direction, I will award a sleeve to both.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Jun 12 2023 3:42 PM

I'm no fashionista, but I can't believe golfers (even John Daly) would wear shorts that colour outside of  "Pride" month.

just sayin'

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Mon, Jun 12 2023 11:38 PM

Thank you for the gift Steff, that's very kind of you.  ; )

The picture I posted was a combination of the clue picture that Sam posted and a screenshot of me on the 15th tee at Pebble Beach. They fitted together perfectly so you won't find any join edges no matter how hard you look.

Hope Sam has some cream for his burnt fingers.  8 )

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2023 1:18 AM

I feel I should step in and apologise.  My reply was after Scott's (and yes I did copy his answer, but I knew it was somewhere on Pebble Beach), and by putting that I'd posted my reply on Wednesday 7th I thought would make it obvious it was fake because I can't have posted the reply before the question was asked  :)

Just so you know, when posts are on moderation, they may not get posted until some time later (can be days), but their timestamp will always be when the post was actually written, and in the correct place in the thread too.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2023 4:46 AM

HamdenPro:

MioKontic:
    Umm... pardon?

I figured that would upset Dodgy. Had not realized that it would get your ire as well. Must be an English thing.

Just saw this and object to the suggestion, not for the first time, that I'm English.  Unless we pretend you meant your English, in which case yes it's an English thing ;-)    

• HamdenPro
    2,415 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2023 10:42 AM

No apologies needed (except maybe mine to Sam). I should have picked up on the date/time stamp but was not in my normal "Nancy Drew" mode.

I am pleased that you posted, as well as everyone else. I think it is fun to create such threads that are harmless and invite participation.

Since I could not gift you the balls you use (as they are not available in the pro-shop), in the end, the person with the "first" correct response got the balls. Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing Scott eat his bag.

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2023 10:55 AM

Made with marzipan, I was looking forward to it too...

8 )

• HamdenPro
    2,415 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2023 12:13 PM

ScottHope:

LOL. I can't believe you still have one of the limited edition "HIT WITH HOPE" bobble heads. It is almost as valuable as the HenryKawa talking doll.

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2023 1:02 PM

'Hit With Hope' is one of my favourites.  ; )

HamdenPro:

No Batteries Required!

Aaargh! How do you turn it off?  8 ))

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2023 4:03 PM

ScottHope:

No Batteries Required!

Aaargh! How do you turn it off? 

Stuff it with the final word ? 

OPY 

EDIT :  my bad 

EDIT # 2 :  Sorry that had no hints and had nothing to do with a bench on a course .

RSS