Sun, Sep 10 2023 8:13 AM (110 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2023 4:08 AM

:-)

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2023 7:05 AM

With HP's permission, I am going to post the next bench to find.

The bench is under the red arrow.  When I found it I also found a golf cart that WGT hadn't taken out of the picture.  Find the golf cart and you find the bench.  The course is pretty obvious (hint: it's not Wolf Creek), so what I want to know is what hole is the picture taken from.  I have blacked out the minimap so it's not obvious.

A sleeve of balls to the one who can tell me the hole the picture is taken from, and another sleeve of balls if you can tell me (with a photo) of what else is close by.

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2023 1:38 PM

There appears to be a blueish coloured object between the right edge of the picture and your blacked out minimap area (which can't be seen unless you open the picture in a new tab). I wonder what that might be?

• HamdenPro
    2,415 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2023 1:42 PM

ScottHope:
    I wonder what that might be?

OK, move along, you got the wrong hole.

Wait for the "pros" to get the answer. :)

(trying to throw you off until after I get a chance to look around. I do know that cart!)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2023 2:26 PM

I reckon it's the 4th and where they have a stand during the Open, as I doubt if WGT did the photo's then (or we'd all have missed it for many years :-/)........

Scott, how do I play a single hole?

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2023 2:48 PM

ScottHope:

There appears to be a blueish coloured object between the right edge of the picture and your blacked out minimap area (which can't be seen unless you open the picture in a new tab). I wonder what that might be?

That's just the blue distance marker, I moved it out of the way of the main picture.

DodgyPutter:

I reckon it's the 4th and where they have a stand during the Open, as I doubt if WGT did the photo's then (or we'd all have missed it for many years :-/)........

It's not the 4th.  Don't forget about the 2nd part of the puzzle too, for which I'll need a screenshot.

I don't think you can play a single hole any more, unless there's a back door way?!?

• HamdenPro
    2,415 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2023 4:21 PM

MioKontic:
    Find the golf cart and you find the bench.

Easier said than done. Unless in the right location, the greenskeeper cart is not always visible. It only shows up on some of the WGT photo/angles.

• HamdenPro
    2,415 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2023 6:30 PM

Sorry...

Grabbed this from #6 St. A (Bench is hard to see, but it is there far right (to right of cart). The bonus item is just to the avatar's left (duh!). (Can click to enlarge)

Hit approximately 54 yards (adjusting for wind) to the right side of of forward tee (hitting from the waybacks)

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2023 11:50 PM

HamdenPro:
    OK, move along, you got the wrong hole. Wait for the "pros" to get the answer. :)

Hehe. I didn't have a clue at this point.

DodgyPutter:

I don't thnk you can anymore Dodgy. You could try three random holes and keep restarting until the yardage for your desired hole comes up in the scorecard. But that's a bit of a lottery.

MioKontic:
    That's just the blue distance marker, I moved it out of the way of the main picture.

Ah, that did cross my mind after I posted. The 'v' key is the shortcut for hiding that marker. Thanks Mio.

Here's two nice images of the 6th tee, but I have no idea what that box is.

A view of another box...

• BlackBogey
    278 Posts
    Tue, Jul 11 2023 3:05 AM

@ScottHope

"Here's two nice images of the 6th tee, but I have no idea what that box is."

Divot mix?  Just a guess, I always thought they didn't necessarily repair divots on links courses, but maybe they do on the tee boxes?

RSS