Forums

Help › Forums

Improper recruting

Wed, May 20 2020 6:10 AM (50 replies)
  • 4PennyLane
    23 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 8:38 AM

Since some of us don’t know who you are referring to...I can only say this if someone in my club is not happy ..and is approached by another club..so be it..good luck

having said that..when I’m playing in coins ...I think it’s quite ethical to ask if that player is happy in their club..if they are..cool..end of convo ..if not  they have choices ..

we can’t control the ethics of other owners..only our own practices 

4pennylane Owner ClassicClub2 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 8:57 AM

Rick6208:

Don, you are right about the Dead Clubs, I do come across them now and than, and most of the time these players are glad to be rescued!

I have messaged WGT about this and have posted about Dead Clubs being removed so these players who want to can come play with active clubs or just play as non members!
    It would put new life into Turf wars and Club Clash Events ! A much better chance of being paired up against a active club.

When I say Dead Club, I mean where the owner has not played in 2 years or more!  

Yeah, if they have not done anything in a years time. I'll start with directors and ask them about moving the active players to my club. If any.

At one time, I got over 200 members that way. A lot quit playing though.

• Robert1893
    7,647 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 10:23 AM

JDGHOST:
    Very odd your right about "searching" player? ....But the profile is still up and playing when I looked the club up and Player is still the owner of said club ??    Unusual? 

If it's a temporary suspension or "timeout," there's nothing unusual. 

If the player is temporarily suspended, his or her profile remains. They simply don't show up in the search function of WGT players. 

Unfortunately, been there and done that. Still, I contend: WGT gave the wrong person the timeout, not that I'm still bitter or anything. ;-) 

• 1969DodgeDartGT
    64 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 10:55 AM

I can say that this "un-named rogue owner" has possibly messed up for good. Thinking that using her own tactics against her proved to be too much, and fried her brain. But also I believe this person has been planning for this to happen, and had a contingency plan to re-appear. 

I received a friend invite and a request for this new player (today) to join my battered club, (which I had denied both). A "PM" to me can get you the info of said player, and decide for yourself.... as the M.O. is strikingly similar with the approach and use of spelling, equipment acquisitions and play style all mimic the owner that we speak of in the above posts. I don't believe for a moment that this is over but, I have to understand that this person is very ill and needs to seek mental assistance of some sort. 

"Gaslighting/gaslight" is the term, and their is no resolve with this type of illness, It is best just to block the player and endure the losses if they have infected some of your members.

Again, if a player leaves, its by their choice. The poaching and arrogant ways they got the player hurts but will subside when this owner/player is blocked and forgotten about.

And if this owner has been pulled from the ranks then so be it, as it was a pleasure being a part if taking her/him out and restore some integrity to the game!

• Mythanatos
    2,199 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 11:56 AM

Happy players don't leave Clubs. They leave because they want something that the club they are in doesn't provide.

So don't blame others for people leaving.

It's ok for people to leave. Let everyone find their niche.

your Other choice is to provide what they are looking for.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 12:07 PM

Mythanatos:

Happy players don't leave Clubs. They leave because they want something that the club they are in doesn't provide.

So don't blame others for people leaving.

It's ok for people to leave. Let everyone find their niche.

your Other choice is to provide what they are looking for.

I agree that if players decide to leave for whatever reason then that is their choice and good luck to them in their new club.

BUT...if someone is the owner of a club and is trying to recruit new players then there are good and bad ways of going about this. "Poaching" is a bit of a loaded term and open to interpretation. I agree with this...

4PennyLane:
    when I’m playing in coins ...I think it’s quite ethical to ask if that player is happy in their club..if they are..cool..end of convo ..if not  they have choices ..

...but the owner who is the subject of this thread leaves unsolicited wall posts mocking and insulting other club owners and makes misleading claims about her own club. Now if players fall for that and want to join her club then they can fill their boots but that doesn't mean her methods are acceptable or should be encouraged.

The ends do not necessarily justify the means, not as far as I'm concerned.

• 4PennyLane
    23 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 12:21 PM

Totally agree..but until we all know whom you are referring too..then it’s moot

• ct690911
    7,185 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 12:40 PM

Robert1893:

JDGHOST:
    Very odd your right about "searching" player? ....But the profile is still up and playing when I looked the club up and Player is still the owner of said club ??    Unusual? 

If it's a temporary suspension or "timeout," there's nothing unusual. 

If the player is temporarily suspended, his or her profile remains. They simply don't show up in the search function of WGT players. 

Unfortunately, been there and done that. Still, I contend: WGT gave the wrong person the timeout, not that I'm still bitter or anything. ;-) 

Same thing happened to me (sort of)...I was given a one year time out from the forums because I responded to a vitriolic troll baiting me...he received nothing ?

• Robert1893
    7,647 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 12:48 PM

@ct

I did get some satisfaction because I know the other player ended up getting a couple of suspension after what happened with me. Eventually, I think he stopped playing, even though his account is active (i.e. not suspended or banned). He was simply a very unpleasant person (as is the owner of the country club alluded to in this thread but shall go unnamed). 

• 1969DodgeDartGT
    64 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 4:20 PM

Anyway the update is that that afore mentioned club now has a new owner and the old owner has been moved to member status. Sorry for late post positions but for some reason, I'm still being moderated and don't know how to get WGT to change that sorta thing!

RSS