Forums

Help › Forums

Improper recruting

Wed, May 20 2020 6:10 AM (50 replies)
  • 1969DodgeDartGT
    64 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 7:21 AM

It is becoming an issue that, "one club/owner" has a blatant and total disregard for proper procedure and or respect for other clubs as to acquiring players. I know that I cannot mention names but this is just down right sneaky... "Bad person you! ...Shame and condemnation!"

My post on their wall as follows... "Acquiring my players..."

This is the 4th player that you got from my club. Unlike other clubs that get upset about it, I kind of applaud the fact that you consistently replenish your high turnover rate. I have an open door policy so don't think that you are doing anything wrong but you could at the very least introduce yourself to me and let me know that you are coming to poach on my territory. Acquisitions are one thing, but being sneaky about it is just damn childish! 

(Perhaps other clubs should flood this,"rogue club/owner" with reminders of how not to be so rude and hopefully more respectful of others.)

• JDGHOST
    6,743 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 2:01 PM

We all know who you mean and this has been discussed to the point of ad nauseum  ...She/He has no concern or care for who She/He offends or upsets .... And Has admitted that by   posting this on my wall ....And there is a thread running all about this owner... many comments ....Its on here somewhere...

I found it for ya...

630742.aspx 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 3:58 PM

1969DodgeDartGT:
    This is the 4th player that you got from my club.

Yes, the kind of approach this well-known poacher takes is aggravating and rude, but it goes on quite a lot.

If the same approach was made to members of my club I would be annoyed I admit, but if any player actually left because of it then I would think we were better off without them. So maybe a blessing in disguise, as for our club at least it's better to have people who are a good fit than just have as many as possible.

Nigel.

• mega1byte
    750 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2020 4:53 PM

Wutpa:
    So maybe a blessing in disguise, as for our club at least it's better to have people who are a good fit than just have as many as possible.

here, here

mega

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 2:20 AM

Just be happy and proud you dont charge fees for being in your club.

Forget it as you are better off without folk who fall for it.

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 7:12 AM

Try typing in the person's name today in a search for WGT Players.  

The search reveals nothing so that can only means one of 2 things....

• JDGHOST
    6,743 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 7:29 AM

EasyEdward:

Try typing in the person's name today in a search for WGT Players.  

The search reveals nothing so that can only means one of 2 things....

Very odd your right about "searching" player? ....But the profile is still up and playing when I looked the club up and Player is still the owner of said club ??    Unusual? 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 7:42 AM

She is doing it all wrong. There are 1,000's of dead clubs with players that still play.

Make friends with them and treat them right. Make them want to stay and be happy.

I would never demand that members play clashes, play if you want to, or don't play. 

Honestly I would rather they buy equipment or balls.

• Rick6208
    2,103 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 8:01 AM

Don, you are right about the Dead Clubs, I do come across them now and than, and most of the time these players are glad to be rescued!

I have messaged WGT about this and have posted about Dead Clubs being removed so these players who want to can come play with active clubs or just play as non members!
    It would put new life into Turf wars and Club Clash Events ! A much better chance of being paired up against a active club.

When I say Dead Club, I mean where the owner has not played in 2 years or more!  

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2020 8:33 AM

Lots of folk still there on WGT as in profile but are now inactive for whatever reason.

If anyone is banned/suspended then they stay on as a profile but they gone and search will not find them. Technically its their account so whatever equpment they had purchased up to the ban remains but its like a dead rubber. Generally rules broken so you cant play the game but we cant delete your stuff as you bought it.

If it happens to owners then club is stuck.....which is weird cos when i had vested interest here then thats what happened last time .

Not saying thats happened here though of course

RSS