Forums

Help › Forums

WGT is now available on Steam Early Access!

Tue, May 12 2020 11:50 AM (75 replies)
  • BogeyOne
    1,966 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 4:14 PM

bubbsboy:

But I found a game where rankings and leagues are organised and all I have to do is play...albeit badly :-)

+1

It is nice, isn't it?

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 5:43 PM

Just played few tournaments on new version (although not steam but regular one)...First time I used some of 16:9 resolutions and it was actually not that bad. Had some clearer dots on green so I actually could read putts. Meter was steady and quite playable with my not so slow meter balls. First time I played where everything depended on my own mistakes, not some random meter jumps in decisive moments... I think I would like it to play more often than flash

Nik

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 3:18 AM

Yeah. It's what tops it for me.

• geordieles
    516 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 4:58 AM

I had many fun years on WGT then tried Perfect Golf, played there a great deal of time to and still do now and again, however TGC 2019  is by far the hardest of them all. It has a few platforms xbox,playstation and pc, I play on pc with a mouse, I cannot get to grips with a controller yet. However there is no clicking on TGC its either a motion with the mouse or controller. The tours they do are superbly organised and there is thousands of courses built into the game no downloading, Sunningdale, The Belfry Pebble, Bethpage, Kiawah, to name just a few, I searched for courses no other game has like North Berwick, Prestwick ( The venue for the first ever Open Championship in 1860) and a few others and low and behold they were there and I must add great renditions. However my point is every game out there has its merits and all enjoyable obviously my favourite is TGC with WGT a close second, PG however have lert the game to rot no fixes etc for a long time and a lot of glitches, speaking to friends who play it they aren't sure how long it will last, there has been a lot of talk of a PG2 but its been talked about now for over 2 years and still nothing changes.

Ive just tried WGT on steam and its not bad at all I might even give it a go as a second game, good luck with it WGT.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 5:40 AM

BogeyOne:
    I draw and fade shots intentionally when the need arises on the Perfect Golf game with no problem at all.

My question is how do you do this? I'm sure it can't be just missing late or early, are there specific clubface/stance adjustments you can use like the real thing?

• BogeyOne
    1,966 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 5:47 AM

YankeeJim:

BogeyOne:
    I draw and fade shots intentionally when the need arises on the Perfect Golf game with no problem at all.

My question is how do you do this? I'm sure it can't be just missing late or early, are there specific clubface/stance adjustments you can use like the real thing?

Yes, that is the way I do it. But you can put an up or down or right or left impact point on the ball.  I am just now experimenting with the left or right impact points.

• BogeyOne
    1,966 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 5:53 AM

geordieles:

I had many fun years on WGT then tried Perfect Golf, played there a great deal of time to and still do now and again, however TGC 2019  is by far the hardest of them all. 

Thanks for the input. I just took a look at the game and unfortunately it is not compatible with my Linux OS. 

Additionally, I just discovered that Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf had his name removed from it in the Steam store and it is now named simply "Perfect Golf."  I believe too many people play the game (there are hundreds and hundreds of players putting up scores in the public tournaments - and that excludes the private tournaments and solo or multiplayer) for Steam to cut the game. 

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 5:54 AM

TGC

As well as moving joystick left for draw and right for fade . You can also hit fast tempo for draw and slow tempo for fade....but for me that's for the experts as unintentional if I do it as most just want perfect tempo.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 7:05 AM

BogeyOne:

geordieles:

I had many fun years on WGT then tried Perfect Golf, played there a great deal of time to and still do now and again, however TGC 2019  is by far the hardest of them all. 

Thanks for the input. I just took a look at the game and unfortunately it is not compatible with my Linux OS. 

Additionally, I just discovered that Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf had his name removed from it in the Steam store and it is now named simply "Perfect Golf."  I believe too many people play the game (there are hundreds and hundreds of players putting up scores in the public tournaments - and that excludes the private tournaments and solo or multiplayer) for Steam to cut the game. 

Its a great game, I have a ton of courses from the last few years. Augusta all the way and with the Eisenhower tree and without.

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 9:26 AM

Don't know why WGT didn't approve my post here.. I wrote some rare positive opinion of new game... Thought it's because Im out of topic (played pcea not steam version) ,,but then I see others writing about TGC2019..

Nik

RSS