Forums

Help › Forums

WGT is now available on Steam Early Access!

Tue, May 12 2020 11:50 AM (75 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 1:44 PM

The day has arrived. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1182020/WGT_Golf/

Give us a thumbs up.

_CHAMPION 

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 8:18 PM

Well played:)

I will almost certainly try this. 

Probably be a month or so as it's a longer than usual wait for a new machine that I have ordered  - understandably longer with the current what's out there....... 

Gosh if it's half as good as my now old windows 7 laptop I will be very pleased. Hopng it just works on that but if it's that good maybe book my time on the "family" gamer set up that I have never used, LOL.............I digress as usual:)

In all honesty and just FWIW putting wise i am looking a game which relies on minimal math.  Stimp wise pretty much fair enough as is as I pull back differing distances IRL whilst trying to keep my actual tempo the same - my way.  Lateral elevation change wise it's much more of a judgement call IRL.....................I don't want a putting debate as frankly I don't really know on the math side for here (for lateral elevation dot counting) as I was simply never interested enough with exploring ......Each to their own and not knocking anyone or trying to overstate or understate any importances, just an FYI to WGT as to what I very personally look for with my expectations.

EDIT: The deletion of cheating / cheating perceptions is huge, and can't be overstated.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 3:07 AM

Jimbog1964:
    EDIT: The deletion of cheating / cheating perceptions is huge, and can't be overstated.

It is not as far as I can see, and I'd be happy to be corrected, VAC enabled.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 3:28 AM

Fair enough.  I usually caveat anything I say about gaming by going with questions not statements as not my thing.  Even here I have never been near the daming machine as not my interest.................

Well, if the new version is not as robust against cheating as a robust anti cheat thing can be it is the end of my interest...........................Wait and see how people respond.

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 4:39 AM
    well done champ......
  • bbqdog61
    430 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 4:41 AM

installed Steam and started to play and screen for me is very shaky and unplayable. Wondering what the issue might be here. Glad it is on Steam but was hoping to be a steady screen. Had installed once before Steam was available and the screen was the same. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeff

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 4:59 AM

VAC only does so much at the best of times.

WGT should do their best to thwart the ability to run the game in 'windowed' mode or alter output resolutions.

In fact they'd be advised to implement that feature as their own AC. If the launch script detects that it is not running in full screen mode, no border, or game window output is being interfered with, then that account should be banned.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 5:07 AM

Ok new people will see it and wgt may get new customers.

Can anyone tell me what the advantage of this is to anyone here, we've all obviously got the game already and it sounds like a copy of PCEA game.  I could get steam and the PCEA game or just get the latter, both end up with me having the same thing :-/

There must be something I'm missing.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 10:24 AM

DodgyPutter:

Ok new people will see it and wgt may get new customers.

Can anyone tell me what the advantage of this is to anyone here, we've all obviously got the game already and it sounds like a copy of PCEA game.  I could get steam and the PCEA game or just get the latter, both end up with me having the same thing :-/

There must be something I'm missing.

Tons of advantages to having it on a platform like Steam.

• Steam has Chat - no need to build it into the game now
    • Steam cloud - save your data up in the sky so when you computer goes poof, you haven't lost anything
    • A real AC is now possible
    • Steam workshop - user created content is now possible if WGT allowed it in the game
    • No need to find/download installer on your computer.  Just fire up Steam and click Install
    • Automatic updates

to name a few...

• pase4win
    232 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2020 12:16 PM

Is this is early access version??? Does Wgt plan to improve on what we see here on Steam?? Because it needs some improvements.

WGTChampion:

The day has arrived. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1182020/WGT_Golf/

Give us a thumbs up.

_CHAMPION 

BIG TIME

RSS