Help › Forums

Limited Credit Videos

Sun, Jul 9 2023 7:30 PM (416 replies)
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 8:11 AM

Nicole161106:

TopShelf2010:

Not to be a buzzkill on this fine discussion taking place regarding Limited Credit Videos, but is it just me or does it seem that players are spending more time attempting to gain free credits as opposed to playing the game?

LOL

Don

Good question, here is a hypothetical question for you.

Would it have been possible for someone to open an account, never hit a singe shot, set up a bot to harvest credits from videos, then exchange said credits for gift cards?

This isn't rhetorical btw, i honestly don't know if that would have been possible.

They would have had to have gone through account verification before purchasing/trading in for a gift card.

• ez2putt
    210 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 8:39 AM

I guess they meant 150 credits for one time. First day I got them havent hgad a credit since, although they are kind enough to let me to still watch them. When i first started this game i spent tons of dollars , not anymore if this continues when credits are done it will be starter balls for me. Not that wgt or anyone else really cares.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 9:28 AM

TopShelf2010:
    players are spending more time attempting to gain free credits as opposed to playing the game

True my friend. For me, giving stuff away far outweighs my enjoyment of the game. Just like it is with Survivor. I enjoy hosting it much more than participating. We just yesterday finished up this year's round. The credits in the purse, which had been planned before the cap put me in the position of not having enough credits to cover what has been won in Survivor and my Handicapped Unevens. 

I've suspended purses in HCUeL until further notice. 

I had planned to supplement Sue's Stableford and League, both year long competitions soon to be over, but it looks like I won't be able to do that either. 

Yesterday Unity stopped paying at 44 credits. I just tried, and almost 24 hours later, still playing but not paying. Maybe some surveys will get me to the point that I can pay my obligations to the CC. Many Craven Dale members live in areas for which there have always been few or no chances to earn free credits.

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 9:57 AM

andwhy67:

Nicole161106:

TopShelf2010:

Not to be a buzzkill on this fine discussion taking place regarding Limited Credit Videos, but is it just me or does it seem that players are spending more time attempting to gain free credits as opposed to playing the game?

LOL

Don

Would it have been possible for someone to open an account, never hit a singe shot, set up a bot to harvest credits from videos, then exchange said credits for gift cards?

This isn't rhetorical btw, i honestly don't know if that would have been possible.

They would have had to have gone through account verification before purchasing/trading in for a gift card.

Thanks for that.

So, what is to stop them from having their account verified? 

• TomasBolanos
    999 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 10:06 AM

I haven't gotten a credit in two days.  Just getting the No More Videos Available box.  Seems Unity has stopped paying out altogether.

TomasBolanos

• blackridgenik
    104 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 10:51 AM

They could have put a pop up to inform everyone when they selected free credits that on this date you are limited to 150 a day see forums for more information, I found out 2 days later..

• MontysPutter
    2,731 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 10:54 AM

a

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 11:03 AM

Nicole161106:

andwhy67:

Nicole161106:

TopShelf2010:

LOL

Don

Thanks for that.

So, what is to stop them from having their account verified? 

Well you have to produce ID, passport, driving license etc, but then I’m sure for example if you look like a multi/new account you’d stick out like a sore thumb. You know, a new account with thousands of credits.

Difficult to spot, I don’t think it would be.

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 11:41 AM

Oh wow, this is turning into a WGT nightmare. On weekends watching football it was easy for me to collect 600-1000 credits per weekend. No way that could be considered abuse because WGT gave me the option to do so. This weekend "0".. Looking like WGT did not think this through very well. There are 100's of "Super Clubs" in this game (Which WGT encouraged) that as of now are just sitting on the sidelines waiting for the next move. Getting worse with every post I read....

To Be Continued...

• Caddyshack821
    3 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 12:08 PM

Why not punish the individuals or clubs that are abusing the free ads? 

RSS