Forums

Help › Forums

Limited Credit Videos

Sun, Jul 9 2023 7:30 PM (416 replies)
  • JohnKokopeliRidg
    59 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 1:54 PM

@BOZSKILLS

well, I wasn't whing and wasn't hammering points in any illegal way.

I followed WGT information providing a way for folks to play who cannot or chose not to buy credits to play this"FREE" game., I played videos to gain points be able to play, pay for Sponsership to gain XP points > all part of the wgt game.

Call it what you want when they retroactively change "rules" without notice they are close to if not practicing fraudulent business activety. period.

I like the game. Played & play by the rules. 

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL

• harpski1
    107 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 2:16 PM

TopShelf2010:

Just an overall observation regarding the new Free Credit system...

Is it just me or has there been A LOT of unfamiliar players coming into this thread to voice their displeasure?

Carry on as you were

Don

Because guess what? Yourself and the usual suspects who post in these forums aren't the whole of wgt.. 

And, as wgt doesn't pay attention to any other groups like the Facebook group if you want your voice heard you have to post in here. 

How condescending... 

• harpski1
    107 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 2:22 PM

terwyl1:

I think that this needs to be brought to a close, and I think that some are missing the obvious.

WGT have the ability to see everything that takes place on their site, they chose to allow unlimited access to videos, although there were times when they were not available. I do not know the terms of their arrangement with Unity, but I do know that when in business I controlled very tightly how much advertising costs were attributed to 'pay per click'. 

In other words no advertiser would give a 'blank cheque' to WGT so I really do not understand how it ever worked without limits in place. I can only assume that advertisers paid set amounts and WGT were happy not to control the frequency of individual videos. 

Now this appears to have changed members have to understand that even allowing members to build up say 1000 credits per day is just not realistic, because it would basically mean no other income would be coming in. I cannot imagine for one minute that the revenue from Unity is enough to provide for the whole WGT operation. 

I am sure that this was never meant to be a 'free to play' website and the assumption that it can be is not realistic. Yes some can subsidise others, but those people must have paid into the system. It is just simple economics. 

I couldn't agree more. To think wgt get paid per click is ridiculous. What's really happening is wgt don't like what's happening and want people to use real money so they have chosen themselves to limit credits via ads. 

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 2:26 PM

I think a lot of players posting here are missing the most  important aspect of this whole situation. WGT was getting paid for every video watched, whether it was being "watched" or not! The knee-jerk reaction to this will be a LOSS of revenue for WGT. TW and Clashes will see a massive decline because the passes will simply not be there with a 150/day video credit limit. Every pass bought during these events went directly into the WGT bank account. They were not free.  What I am saying is: WGT has known credit farming has been going on for a very long time now...   Get it?

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 2:44 PM

msb1977:

el3n1:

SlickHunter:
    Honestly it’s no ones fault that we be able to collect whatever amount of credits. It was the system that allows us to do that, but now system stops it, so that’s that.

with all due respect... I don't believe the advertisers or WGT designed the system of 2 credit free ads to be strip mined with automatic bot like efforts to extract hundreds of thousands of credits... their intent was to gain a few more views, possibly visit their website or download a game, etc... what was being done... completely undermined that arrangement.

it was the exploitation of those videos that does in fact impact others in the community that were manually watching videos for their game purchases -- even if they used 1, 2 or even 3 devices manually as some shared doing at times... that in no way compares to what those strip mining credits were doing... it was clearly out of line or the ad agency would not have felt compelled to renegotiate with WGT to impose limits... 

the gluttony of those involved have hurt the community …

I debated on whether or not to respond, but it seems like you and others in this thread have a limited understanding of how the system works.

First of all, I agree 100% that "strip mining" was essentially theft from the advertisers and had to change. The advertisers are not stupid as they have internal tracking metrics that correlate viewed advertisements with purchases. When those numbers become misaligned with expectations, it sends up red flags. I have known this day was coming for a long time and, quite frankly, am shocked it took this long.

WGT knowingly participated in AND encouraged "strip mining". They make revenue on a per viewing basis. WGT was shortsighted enough to believe they would either not get caught or they simply did not care and made large profits as long as they could.

It is silly to believe WGT did not knowingly encourage and participate for a few reasons:

1. They track all ads viewed on every members account. It even shows up on that persons profile. They have been doing this for at least one year and knew exactly what was happening.

2. Go to the elite page (http://www.wgt.com/proshop/elite/#c_1_12_Elite_All_None) and look at their offers. 600,000 credit golf trips. 300,000 credit golf bags. 165,000 credits buys you a $250 amazon gift card every 10 days. And, there is more...have a look.

3. Price points on equipment, balls, and passes were set to maximize profits based on the credit rush WGT supported. 1,275 credits for a sleeve of top end balls. That costs more than a real sleeve!!! 400,000 credits for the golden putter. 5,000 credits for the best driver. Nearly 4,000 credits for 100 passes (and that doesn't last long if you play TW and clash hard).

WGT created this problem and now have upset the masses due to being forced to implement changes by Unity/advertisers. Don't be mad at the smart people who took advantage of what WGT encouraged. Be mad at WGT for creating this dynamic in the first place.

Peace brother!

Well said Mike. 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 3:04 PM

MCalderon402:

msb1977:

First of all, I agree 100% that "strip mining" was essentially theft from the advertisers and had to change. 

Well said Mike. 

yep, the part in bold sounds about right.  Other portions sound more like an attempt to rationalize and justify unethical behavior to avoid taking responsibility for negatively impacting the entire WGT community...

if you read the terms and conditions such behavior could easily be viewed as reason to close or terminate a players account.  

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 3:18 PM

Been biting my tongue on this one.

Not sure how to address the bot issue without giving away anything. 

I'm no computer genius, but do know a bit about click bots. 

There is one aspect of the way the videos for credits are presented that would make most simple bots VERY inefficient. If WGT can count and TIME them, they might more easily spot the violators. Same would be true in reverse for folk using multiple devices at the same time. 

Ah. My tongue feels better already.

:^)

• msb1977
    12 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 4:30 PM

el3n1:

MCalderon402:

msb1977:

First of all, I agree 100% that "strip mining" was essentially theft from the advertisers and had to change. 

Well said Mike. 

yep, the part in bold sounds about right.  Other portions sound more like an attempt to rationalize and justify unethical behavior to avoid taking responsibility for negatively impacting the entire WGT community...

if you read the terms and conditions such behavior could easily be viewed as reason to close or terminate a players account.  

I see you have zero interest in addressing the factual information I provided. Carry on, my friend.

• Robbob1970
    113 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 4:34 PM

DoctorLarry:

This total lack of understanding the economics of international currency reduces the rest of your post to rubble.  Seems there may be more monkeys there than here.

Read up on exchange rates

Geez Louise, maybe you should have checked cobber. Currently, my bank exchange rates are 0.6498 compared to spot market prices at 0.6788. Either way my example is worst because I used a rounded number of 0.7. So I guess your doctorate is worth bananas monkey!

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 9:40 PM

I guess everyone’s ok with the new free credit video “limit” tonight ... no comments in almost 7hrs! Any reason why? 😉 🤣

RSS