Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Fri, Nov 1 2019 11:52 AM

WGTChampion:

Woodoworkery:

I'm just curious to know, will they start fixing this now, or wait till closer to the flash cut off date.

We're literally working on this game every day. 

_CHAMPION 

Then why can`t i install it???

Bjorn

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Nov 1 2019 12:19 PM

WGTChampion:

I would expect that we will start allowing apparel in some more game modes and some tournaments in the near future. 

_CHAMPION 

:-((

And will there be uel?

• nolan60
    176 Posts
    Fri, Nov 1 2019 12:24 PM

Bowl64:

WGTChampion:

Woodoworkery:

I'm just curious to know, will they start fixing this now, or wait till closer to the flash cut off date.

We're literally working on this game every day. 

_CHAMPION 

Then why can`t i install it???

Bjorn

Check to see if you have this directory 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Topgolf\WGTLauncher\golf

in the golf directory is golf.exe that should play the game for you

nolan

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Fri, Nov 1 2019 4:21 PM

WGTChampion:

Disabling apparel bonuses in tourneys and certain other modes was so we wouldn't give an edge to mobile players over Flash. I would expect that we will start allowing apparel in some more game modes and some tournaments in the near future. 

_CHAMPION

With all ball and equipment progress over the years some players can already hit 400 yard drives. If you allow all apparel in tournaments , with certain leveled hats on head, someone will play all par4' s like par 3 . Players will need only driver and wedge. Maybe putter wont be necessary cause they will kick ball in hole with magic shoe :)

Nik

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2019 6:45 AM

Suggestion for new PC version of game :

When we are trying to set up a head to head game with a friend there is no current way to know if that friend is logged into Flash version or PC version or Mobile version. 

So if I am logged into the new PC version of game and wish to set up a game with a friend this is what I have been doing. 

I click on friends at the bottom and I look for a friend who is green with the Play icon displayed.  If I click on play and that friend is logged in on another platform other than new PC version it displays Cross - Platform not supported. 

If I click on play on a friend who is logged into same new PC platform I have no way of knowing if they are playing another round and are busy.  We need a way to have the new PC version of game to display our status like old game did.  We could see Available, Available to friends, or Busy and therefore know if potential opponent was ready to play or not.  As it is now it is a stab in the dark.

I realize we are in the early stages of converting but just sharing what I encounter when try to play or set up a game.

For me I much prefer the new PC version of the game.  I have never played mobile and have no interest in playing on a phone.  I have always played on desktop computer.

The old Flash version of game I could never get screen to 16x9 aspect ratio to work I always had black bars on both sides of screen.  Have had awful browser struggles with Flash causing crashes, freezes and the meter has been so jumpy herky jerky could not execute a basic shot. 

The new PC version early as it may be is such a more enjoyable experience for me it is my preferred way of playing.  Love the Graphics and Full Screen and the meter is very smooth and consistent.  So thank you for that.  But looking forward to being able to do the same thing we are use to in the old Flash version with the new PC version.

Like Sending Private Messages to friends and or Country Club member.

Setting up a Match Play game.

And I for one need more ways to earn free credits.  I wish we could watch videos for credits on our desktop in the new PC version of game.  As it is now the only thing I can do for credits is to log into mobile and watch the few videos that are available.  Everything else is dried up or not available to me. 

Don't enjoy the free unlimited ball experience with any format.

Meter and ball goes : Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks,

Michael

• fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2019 4:25 PM

We need the abiltiy to set green speed and time lengths on shots....45 sec is not enough on some shots... 

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 5:26 AM

WGTChampion:

Tim14121989:

Hi guys,

I am trying to install this on my computer but I keep getting some kind of error message.

https://imgur.com/a/ADlcb0B

This is the error I'm getting.

"An error occurred while applying security settings. Users is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click Retry, or Cancel to end the install".

If I click Retry, the message keeps coming up.

My internet connection is fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

A fix for this error is coming next week. 

_CHAMPION 

I have been conversing with WGT on this, so really good news Champ, hopefully it is sorted by next week.

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2019 2:12 PM

l do like most aspects of the new HD game, better Graphics, and a more smoother metering, and once wgt introduce a New Lobby similar to the one we have now in the flash game with the ability to play Match/play and A/S  it will begin to feel more like home.

The Games mode in the new version play for Coins l find amuseing, plus there is a one arm bandit wich you get A FREE spin on everyday wich gives you some coins

l know its suppose to be just a fun game there is one perk worth haveing playing this coins game  you get sponsored and when you win a game you get Clothes,  shoes, shirts, trousers, plus,4's, gloves, Hats, visors to dress your Avatar in you can build up a nice locker of gear. 

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 10:08 AM

MartyFlanagan:

Can one of the moderators confirm if uneven lies will be in new version of WGT?

Any news on uneven lies being introduced?

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 12:42 PM

Well well, i just installed the "new" game! Eehhhmmm, not a fan of it as it is, putting harder, have to figure out the resolution and more.

Bjorn

RSS