Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Tue, Oct 29 2019 8:09 AM

YankeeJim:

pitchking1:
    On a 64-bit system, it doesn't work yet !! And most of 'game PC's' using 64 bit processors !!

Not so. I have a 64-bit system and the game plays fine.

Same here. 64 bit system and the game plays fine. The meter is smoother now than it was at first.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Oct 29 2019 9:06 AM

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Tue, Oct 29 2019 12:25 PM

pitchking1:
    On a 64-bit system, it doesn't work yet !!

Works fine on my system... Windows 10 64-bit.

jack9593:
    As for the meter if you go into settings and monkey around a bit you cam make the meter the same as it is now by changing resolution and exiting full screen or turning full screen on its your preference.

True.  But actually, one of the things I like about the Early Access version is the ability to play in full wide screen (1920x1080).  I'm hoping that WGT improves the meter in future releases... making the "ding" a little wider like it is on the PC Flash version, and making the meter take up less of the screen (or, even better, letting us select the meter size).

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Oct 29 2019 12:26 PM

Me too with the 64-bit being OK.

The meter is also smooth. Me when putting.....not so much.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Oct 29 2019 4:17 PM

pitchking1:
    On a 64-bit system, it doesn't work yet !! And most of 'game PC's' using 64 bit processors !!

I have HP and Dell W-10 64 Bit and have no problem on either Computer

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Fri, Nov 1 2019 5:18 AM

Agree with the above statement about putting.

Need to work on putting forgiveness because it is much more difficult to make a putt as it is now compared to what we were use too.  

Meter is smooth but needs to be a larger area for the accuracy ding and or more forgiveness for all shots.

Also need a way to send a private message to friends and country club members.  I don't see a way to send a private message to anyone now unless I am just missing something.

Thanks,

Michael

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Nov 1 2019 10:17 AM

Tim14121989:

Hi guys,

I am trying to install this on my computer but I keep getting some kind of error message.

https://imgur.com/a/ADlcb0B

This is the error I'm getting.

"An error occurred while applying security settings. Users is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click Retry, or Cancel to end the install".

If I click Retry, the message keeps coming up.

My internet connection is fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

A fix for this error is coming next week. 

_CHAMPION 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Nov 1 2019 10:24 AM

mrm6400:

WGT Champion,

A couple of questions about Game as I am new to mobile and new PC version.

When I try to send a request to play a friend it comes up with No Cross-Platform Play because I am logged in under the new PC version and my friends are logged into Flash version.  I am sure this is normal but I wanted to know when Flash goes away will this be corrected so we can invite friends to play a round of our choice on a course of our choice.

Right now all I can do is play a head to head match in rooms with coins and such.  I had no control of the course or anything else.  Just random course and random opponent.

Also I don't quite understand the Golfer Upgrades when you win with sponsorship in coin head to head rooms.  You change your apparel and say have longer distance with irons or slower meter with irons.  And it works great when playing in the coin room matches but when you go play a WGT tourney or a  Country Club event your golfer has lost all the upgrades.  Question is why is the upgrades not for all game modes.  It sure makes a the game and playing it more enjoyable.  So would make sense for the changes to be a permanent reward for your golfer for any type of play.

Thanks for helping us to understand more of what is going on and why and what we should expect moving forward.

Michael

Cross platform is available between Desktop PC game and Mobile. Flash is not supported. 

Head to head multiplayer is very light right now. The game is by no means feature complete. We'll be adding more of the Flash game modes over the next several updates. (Don't tell anyone, but Match Play will be the first of these modes to make it over). 

Disabling apparel bonuses in tourneys and certain other modes was so we wouldn't give an edge to mobile players over Flash. I would expect that we will start allowing apparel in some more game modes and some tournaments in the near future. 

_CHAMPION 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Nov 1 2019 10:26 AM

Woodoworkery:

I'm just curious to know, will they start fixing this now, or wait till closer to the flash cut off date.

We're literally working on this game every day. 

_CHAMPION 

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Fri, Nov 1 2019 10:35 AM

Can one of the moderators confirm if uneven lies will be in new version of WGT?

RSS