Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 5:14 AM

Ok guys, nice to know that i, hopefully, won`t need to go looking for a better PC :)))

Bjorn

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 5:38 AM

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 6:06 AM

Don,

Don't hate on a restart. With the meter issues sometimes you need to regroup or in this case

RESTART.

Miss You too my friend.

----------------------------------

Hey WGT Champion,

When you go on the phone mobile version I see many more options of playing including playing friends.  On the new PC early version the same links or options are not all there.  Hope you guys will be adding options so no matter what version you are on you can play a multi-player game like Match Play. 

Or will it always say Cross Platform not supported.

I am not going to ever play on the phone cause the screen is so small I can't hit the ocean with a shot on the phone/ mobile.

Prefer to play on Desktop PC so what will be options when all is said and done.

Thanks,

Michael

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 6:32 AM

TopShelf2010:
    I found an even older laptop in my closet. If I can find the power cord, I am going to see if I can get it up and running. I believe it has Windows ME for an OS. LOL
    Make sure you have a fire extinguisher (CO2) handy.  ; )

• DampandDusty
    125 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 7:21 AM

ScottHope:

My PC is 13 years old, has a single core processor 3.2Ghz, 3.25GB of ram, Nvidia GeForce 9800GT graphics card (11 years old).

The new game runs just fine.

Thank you Scott, that gives me some solace for when I eventually decide to/am forced to take the plunge. Just waiting to see if WGT come out with Beta #2, #3 etc

You are indeed the voice of reason on these forums.

Doesn't stop me worrying about the future of the game. Esp given the reactions of the majority of top players.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 7:52 AM

You're welcome D&D, thank you.

I wouldn't worry about the game's future, and the reactions of the top players is important to help the development of the game. So what they say, good or bad, is in my opinion, invaluable.

• DampandDusty
    125 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 8:09 AM

ScottHope:

You're welcome D&D, thank you.

I wouldn't worry about the game's future, and the reactions of the top players is important to help the development of the game. So what they say, good or bad, is in my opinion, invaluable

I believe it's a very complicated solution to, when boiled down, a simple problem.

PC players want the 'post flash' game to look and feel pretty much as it does now. Gameplay wise there's nothing to beat it as a golf game.

The programming and background work to make that happen is no doubt huge/nigh impossible.

I've seen streams of the Early Release and it confirms my fears as gimmicky, bringing in those elements of mobile I'm not interested in and the gameplay looks nowhere near as good.

It's think it's arcade game vs realistic sim.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 9:31 AM

ScottHope:

Dangit, can't even win an oldest PC contest, lol.  ; )

LOL. I'm into the 10th year with my Toshiba laptop. Couple of keyboards (cheap) and another couple of screens (cheaper) later it's still trucking along with 4GB RAM and it runs the new version just fine, too.. :-)

I have a backup laptop that I used when W10 was free to download and I did just to see what was going on. The first thing I did was to try and set Flash up in an older version of Comodo Dragon and I ran into something then that I haven't seen mentioned here with regard to file managing in W10. It confused me and I didn't bother to learn about it but it involved "ownership" of files. 

When I tried to delete files I got a message saying I couldn't because of this, or something to that effect. Does this sound familiar to W10 users? I'll figure it out when I have to but I was wondering if maybe that had something to do with Bjorn's situation.

• nolan60
    176 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 12:25 PM

WGTChampion:

nolan60:

Hey United States

I was wondering if you guys are even considering running a Linux version
    Ty Nolan

Not at this time. 

YankeeJim:

Is it possible to have, as part of the DL, PC specific stuff like what's being asked for-AS, MP,etc? As long as we now have to DL the game it's no longer a browser game you can play from any PC so it shouldn't be a big deal. 

Alt Shot and Match Play are absolutely coming. It's tough to say exactly when yet. When I know, you'll know. 

_CHAMPION 

Thanks for the quick response had me wondering seeing that the Mobil version is already running on a Linux based system

thx Nolan

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 1:00 PM

YankeeJim:
    LOL. I'm into the 10th year with my Toshiba laptop. Couple of keyboards (cheap) and another couple of screens (cheaper) later it's still trucking along with 4GB RAM and it runs the new version just fine, too.. :-)
    That reminds me of 'Only Fools and Horses' character Trigger. He's a road sweeper and very proud of the fact that, even though it's had 17 new heads and 14 new handles, he's still using the same broom, hehe.  : )

RSS