Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 1:08 PM

YankeeJim:

I have a backup laptop that I used when W10 was free to download and I did just to see what was going on. The first thing I did was to try and set Flash up in an older version of Comodo Dragon and I ran into something then that I haven't seen mentioned here with regard to file managing in W10. It confused me and I didn't bother to learn about it but it involved "ownership" of files. 

When I tried to delete files I got a message saying I couldn't because of this, or something to that effect. Does this sound familiar to W10 users? I'll figure it out when I have to but I was wondering if maybe that had something to do with Bjorn's situation.

Make sure your a administrator. If you are, right click and go to properties and then click security. Give yourself ownership of the file. Apply and OK

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 1:11 PM

ScottHope:

TopShelf2010:
    I found an even older laptop in my closet. If I can find the power cord, I am going to see if I can get it up and running. I believe it has Windows ME for an OS. LOL
    Make sure you have a fire extinguisher (CO2) handy.  ; )

HaHaHa. I tried getting the vista working and was getting frustrated with the dinosaur. I finally threw it back in the closet. I'm sticking with my W-10 .

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 1:16 PM

DonCaron:
    HaHaHa. I tried getting the vista working and was getting frustrated with the dinosaur. I finally threw it back in the closet. I'm sticking with my W-10 .
    I think even Microsoft will admit to Vista and Win8 both being pretty awful.

P.S. I feel as though I've lost something, must be those 80,000 posts that just got thrown in the dumpster!

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 1:47 PM

I'm going fast and didn't grab the quote of the person that asked. 

While the "play friends" option isn't here yet because we're working on a more sophisticated multiplayer lobby, you can still play in random 3 or 9 hole matches by selecting FRIENDS at the bottom of the main menu and then selecting the Green button beside a player's name. This will give you the option to invite the player to a 3 or 9 hole match. 

Currently you can only invite to a random 3 or 9. 

_CHAMPION 

UPDATE: Scratch that. Apparently that only works if you have already played against them this month. 

We'll have proper friendly matches soon. Sorry. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 2:16 PM

ScottHope:
    P.S. I feel as though I've lost something, must be those 80,000 posts that just got thrown in the dumpster!

That and the answer to why they were doing it (sorry if I missed it, of course they don't have to just would've been nice.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 2:20 PM

ScottHope:
    That reminds me of 'Only Fools and Horses' character Trigger. He's a road sweeper and very proud of the fact that, even though it's had 17 new heads and 14 new handles, he's still using the same broom, hehe.  : )

Lol, was Terry Pratchett for me.

“This, milord, is my family's axe. We have owned it for almost nine hundred years, see. Of course, sometimes it needed a new blade. And sometimes it has required a new handle, new designs on the metalwork, a little refreshing of the ornamentation . . . but is this not the nine hundred-year-old axe of my family? And because it has changed gently over time, it is still a pretty good axe, y'know. Pretty good.” 
    ― Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 2:39 PM

I tried a quick 1 hole match to see what it looked like. Does look okay, but it felt like was I being a level one player all over, and trying to re-adjust everything., again. 

My Irons were longer. I don't like that. I want my 150yard Iron to be 150yards, NOT 155 yards. Screws my whole game up.

After spending money again and again on upgrading equipments, Level after Level, all of a sudden this game is going to get a whole lot more expensive with this change. And I'm MAXXED OUT, with the top gear and have (had) everything I needed. Or so I thought. Where's the exit! 

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 3:46 PM

I agree, I don't think it plays anything like the regular version, when flash is gone, I will be as well!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 3:54 PM

ScottHope:

DonCaron:
    I think even Microsoft will admit to Vista and Win8 both being pretty awful.

Yes, a lot of Info in that search box. It opened up a whole new world for me when it was pointed out to me. 

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 10:15 PM

WGTChampion:

I'm going fast and didn't grab the quote of the person that asked. 

While the "play friends" option isn't here yet because we're working on a more sophisticated multiplayer lobby, you can still play in random 3 or 9 hole matches by selecting FRIENDS at the bottom of the main menu and then selecting the Green button beside a player's name. This will give you the option to invite the player to a 3 or 9 hole match. 

Currently you can only invite to a random 3 or 9. 

_CHAMPION 

UPDATE: Scratch that. Apparently that only works if you have already played against them this month. 

We'll have proper friendly matches soon. Sorry. 

I think most people are more worried about how the game plays than all those small features that everyone knows will be there eventually. It's an early release right? so obviously all the functionality will be there, you have over a year to figure that part out... It won't matter if it functions but the game plays like the mobile game. You're going to lose many of the veterans and top players.

Would like to see a little more response on the things us pc players really care about which is how the game plays, the ding size, the forgiveness on iron shots, woods and drivers... Number 1 being the dot speed on greens.

I'm worried that the priority is to get the mobile game play to work and the actual game play doesn't match. Think that will be a problem.

Thanks

AB

RSS