Forums

Help › Forums

*** Downtime tonight 8/27/19 ***

Sun, Sep 8 2019 6:06 PM (305 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 12:20 PM

I think they need to hire Scott Hope, cause I see the issue is still not fixed. Thanks Scott for the work around

• nolan60
    176 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 12:24 PM

I think it might be a windows related problem it works great on both my Linux boxes

Nolan

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 12:32 PM

I did notice what might be another error or potential change in average calculation last night.

I have been saturated at this tier for some time, as confirmed by scores higher than average not affecting average, but my average ticked up slightly last night after I shot a 34 (68 full) on Oakmont Front 9 in a hurried round (way past my bedtime!).  Maybe related to Oakmont - or not.  I just hope that the saturation limit for Legend has not been raised!!

I predict another down time tonight at midnight PDT!

Hoping for the best!

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 12:36 PM

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 12:43 PM

TopShelf2010:

borntobesting:
    I am so tired of all the whining when an update messes some things up!

For me personally Joe, I get frustrated by the players that ONLY visit the Forums when it is time to complain about something.

Don

+1 Agreed!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 12:59 PM

JDGHOST:
    As a life long Mechanic I can imagine this fix is not like replacing 1 spark plug wire but more like pulling of the carburetor cleaning out "Gum" build up and maybe replacing the pins and floats

Ya but nowadays it's more like hooking up a monitor in series with the ECU and watching voltage readings all over. It took me a week and many miles to figure out that the o2 harness connectors were switched and the ECU was fueling one bank while looking at the other bank for the o2 response, causing a highway surge at hot cruise.

I can't even come close to imagining what it takes to correct that type of mistake in lines and lines of coding. I'll wait and bet it's not going to take a week.  :-) 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 1:03 PM

"I want NEW PINS"! "I WANT NEW COURSES"! "I WANT NEW CLUBS"! I WANT, I WANT, I WANT!!!!!! WELLLLL, your getting it, and "ALL" the BS that goes with it!

Sounds like you are beginning to realize why "ALL" the old timers here always say, "NOOOOOO, NO NO NO, the game is JUST FINE, please leave it alone and there is no need to touch anything LMFAO>>>>

JFYI for the newer members, this little thing is "NOTHING", "ABSOLUTELY NOTHING", compared to some of the "post update f'ups" we have seen, just deal with it, something wasn't compatible with something else, when they find it they will fix it!

There are "hundreds of thousands" lines of code that make this all work, it ain't as easy as you think!

• HalHoff
    825 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 1:07 PM

WGTChampion:

DampandDusty:

WGTChampion:

I went through all these replies and I am not having the same issues from Chrome. I can use all the submenus, I can see the yellow balls on the tee, and I can access Oakmont in the game client from Chrome. 

For those of you having trouble, what browsers are you using and have you tried using a different one to see if it's browser specific? 

_CHAMPION 

Champ its not browser related. Usually use Firefox, but have tried Chrome and Edge. Exactly the same problems - all since last night's update.

See my post in bug logs for a full list of problems.

Oakmont especially does not feature anywhere in my game client currently. Hope this helps and good luck fixing it all soon.

Correct. I'm learning more as I read through responses and gather additional information. 

Possibly it's server specific or something else entirely. Continuing research. 

_CHAMPION 

Had a member who plays on iPad. This morning he found himself without  a swing meter. Couldn’t hit the ball. He had purchased and equipped the new Level 101 ball. Think there s an issue with that also.He went through settings and made sure his swing meter was set properly and it was. Issue was not fixed until he equipped a different ball.

Issue was with the Level 101 Slow meter ball

• JDGHOST
    6,791 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 1:19 PM

Ya but nowadays it's more like hooking up a monitor in series with the ECU and watching voltage readings all over. It took me a week and many miles to figure out that the o2 harness connectors were switched and the ECU was fueling one bank while looking at the other bank for the o2 response, causing a highway surge at hot cruise.

I can't even come close to imagining what it takes to correct that type of mistake in lines and lines of coding. I'll wait and bet it's not going to take a week.  :-) 

That is very true  Jimmy......Although now a days the diagnostic machines really narrow down the search not as intimidating as ya may thing LOL  😊

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 1:34 PM

nolan60:

I think it might be a windows related problem it works great on both my Linux boxes

Nolan

I Don't think it is Windows related. All the browsers that I have on my Iphone except Puffin Flash browser have the same problem. And both the browsers that I have on my Samsung Android tablet have the same problem. 

RSS