Forums

Help › Forums

*** Downtime tonight 8/27/19 ***

Sun, Sep 8 2019 6:06 PM (305 replies)
  • mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 3:35 PM

Luckystar5:

@lonnie,  Shakespeare said it best, to answer your question, concerning how much can they screw up,   " let me count the ways "  13 pages and counting, and it's only been 8 hours since the update.  

Very close, but as someone pointed out, it's Elizabeth Barrett Browning.  You might be thinking of one of Shakespeare's more obscure plays, Romeo and Julie Et, in which Crustelo the pieman says, "Let me weigh the Counts."

• Sca63
    203 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 3:40 PM

Just brilliant WGT...... Welcome all to WORLD GLITCH TOUR.

Would it be to easy to just undo everything that was done during last night's "downtime" or have the good folks at WGT already forgotten what the did and can't undo it???

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 4:25 PM

Sca63:
    Would it be to easy to just undo everything that was done during last night's "downtime"

Heh, this question invariably gets asked every time something like this happens. They've never had to.

I think SamSpayed is onto something, that was pretty definitive.

• jimshaw39
    675 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 6:23 PM

hpurey:

lonniescott711:

How much stuff can they break in 2 hours ?Or how much stuff could they fix ? Is the glass half empty or half full ? If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there , does it make a sound ? How many questions can I come up with in 2 hours ?

If quizzes are quizzical, then what are tests? 

Do you think people that work for a tea company get to take coffee breaks?

👍

• bigjohndough
    69 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 6:33 PM

Thank you very much... gr8 job !!

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 7:01 PM

TreasureHunter:

You know what fustrates me? When you are searching throught the forums looking for some answers and people post things like you have. It is completely unhelpful. In fact it makes it worse since we wade throught these pompous rants to find any good information. Why don't you try helping people instead of complaining about complaints.

Be helpful. Not  self important.

Read that back to yourself.

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 10:24 PM

YankeeJim:

JDGHOST:
    As a life long Mechanic I can imagine this fix is not like replacing 1 spark plug wire but more like pulling of the carburetor cleaning out "Gum" build up and maybe replacing the pins and floats

Ya but nowadays it's more like hooking up a monitor in series with the ECU and watching voltage readings all over. It took me a week and many miles to figure out that the o2 harness connectors were switched and the ECU was fueling one bank while looking at the other bank for the o2 response, causing a highway surge at hot cruise.

I can't even come close to imagining what it takes to correct that type of mistake in lines and lines of coding. I'll wait and bet it's not going to take a week.  :-) 

YJ..ECU...what???....O2 what??...fueling what???   your fix is right here.....my daily....

• Jesssicadog
    631 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 10:31 PM

So when is the next downtime to fix what went wrong last time. On my PC home screen I cannot select several items

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 11:51 PM

Through customer services I received a refund on my yellow callaways that wouldn’t play , it hasn’t fixed the issue but I am not out of pocket. I suggest we should all now give wgt time to sort out the problem , I am surprised we didn’t get down time last night , but I bet they are still working on it. 

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Thu, Aug 29 2019 1:04 AM

Good morning WGT :) Same menuproblems, no Oakmont, can`t get into stats or change avatar. Still not whining, just reporting my status.

Bjorn

RSS