Forums

Help › Forums

*** Downtime tonight 8/27/19 ***

Sun, Sep 8 2019 6:06 PM (305 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 10:29 AM

Luckystar5:

@lonnie,  Shakespeare said it best, to answer your question, concerning how much can they screw up,   " let me count the ways "  13 pages and counting, and it's only been 8 hours since the update.  

Lonnie asked earlier if the glass is half full or empty.  You and Lonnie are clearly the glass is half empty type.  Additionally, yes if a tree falls and no one is around it does indeed make a sound.  ;)  

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 10:40 AM

As I can't speak for lonnie, I can say that my glass is half empty, due to the fact that I have already enjoyed the top half, and don't want to drink the last half due to sediment and crap at the bottom.  As far as your tree goes,   I say prove it!   

Can you honestly say that you would have a job, if you screwed as many things up as this?  

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,527 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 10:43 AM

WGTChampion:

Thank you everyone for your responses so far. Unfortunately I don't have a timeline for fixes but we're working as fast as we can. 

Thanks. 

_CHAMPION 

Thanks for listening to us and your service, Champ!

And also a big thank to Scott as always! I can't imagine my WGT life without you.

I'm sure they'll get fixed sooner or later, only a matter of time. Cheers.

• Archipelago
    1,386 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 10:45 AM

My Profile page is still screwed up..... sure I had a few glitches; but hey doesn't every system have a few!

So what numb nut in WGT thinks they can hide them by Installing a Plethora of Gobbledygook? ... As a PHD, (Doctor of Psychology), I can not fathom where they think they are coming from; or where they are going for that matter.... then again!!!

Perhaps we, or they, could get somewhere if they were to get shot of the present 'so called' Technicians; put them somewhere where they could be useful, like counting the Trees on the Blue Ridge escarpment or organizing a picnic for Woodpeckers in a similar domain.... Then get Professionals in who know what they are doing....... Besides if it ain't Broke why mess with it?

Fix the Real Problem... NOT make More!

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 10:45 AM

Software is complicated.  It's hard to explain how things can go wrong to people who don't understand that or work in that industry.  Trust me, it's not always cut and dry.  it's not always a "hey why didn't you test that".  As you make software better and smarter, inherently you make it more complicated opening the door for more unforeseen things to go wrong.  

There's no need to prove that the tree indeed makes a sound.  Common sense tells me that it does.  But beyond that, science does too.  :) 

• SamSpayed
    4,913 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 10:55 AM

Luckystar5:

Shakespeare said it best, to answer your question, concerning how much can they screw up,   " let me count the ways "  

I thought that was Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 10:57 AM

software isn't that complicated, it only gets complicated when you hurry and try to just throw something togeather, for instance to grab more money.  And if you look up definition of sound, it says that it's only sound when it reaches a person's ear.  No one around, no sound.  

• Doc58
    6,374 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 10:57 AM

WGTChampion:

Thank you everyone for your responses so far. Unfortunately I don't have a timeline for fixes but we're working as fast as we can. 

Thanks. 

_CHAMPION 

Yes, things will be fixed and we will have Oakmont back. Thank you to Champ and all the others behind the scenes for the effort you put in to keep this great site up and running.

Doc

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 11:04 AM

Hi Again,

Well I got up to read all the problems with the game after I celebrated the return of Oakmont last night. Now I feel left out of the party. The game has run perfectly normal here. No glitches as described.  Played Oakmont F9 in a CC tournament and all is well except for the missed fairway and green on #7. And tha's my fault.

I hope things straighten out for all of you.

Have fun and hit 'em straight.

John

HP laptop, external monitor, keyboard & mouse, Win 10 Home, Maxthon browser. I only use the browser for WGT.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 11:08 AM

Luckystar5:

software isn't that complicated, it only gets complicated when you hurry and try to just throw something togeather, for instance to grab more money.  And if you look up definition of sound, it says that it's only sound when it reaches a person's ear.  No one around, no sound.  

You obviously don't work in that industry.  It's ok though, I wasn't expecting you to understand.  That's the sentiment of most on here who just up and complain and have no understanding of what it takes, or the work involved.  

Your understanding of sound is limited.  You seem to be suggesting that all sounds can be heard by the human ear.  Well, we all know that's incorrect.  Right? 

RSS