Forums

Help › Forums

*** Downtime tonight 8/27/19 ***

Sun, Sep 8 2019 6:06 PM (305 replies)
  • SoCalJim23
    429 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 11:11 AM

Today...…@ 12:00 Noon Central Time.....I signed on to WGT.

My WGT Profile page is messed up.   Never saw my Profile page look like this.

It doesn't function normally.

Hope you guys are working on this "glitch".  Maybe it was caused by your "down time" work last night?

Jim

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 11:24 AM

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 11:26 AM

DufferJohn7:

Hi Again,

Well I got up to read all the problems with the game after I celebrated the return of Oakmont last night. Now I feel left out of the party. The game has run perfectly normal here. No glitches as described.  Played Oakmont F9 in a CC tournament and all is well except for the missed fairway and green on #7. And tha's my fault.

I hope things straighten out for all of you.

Have fun and hit 'em straight.

John

HP laptop, external monitor, keyboard & mouse, Win 10 Home, Maxthon browser. I only use the browser for WGT.

Its not about playing Oakmont from a cc John . We cant get access from the game client page and all of the other pages are messed up as well . Matter of fact Oakmont isnt even showing up on the game client page at all . The profile page is messed up cant access the avatars or equipment club name is also not showing on the profile page either . Just run through the game entirely before you count yourself out . 

You may still find yourself to be part of the crowd .

• Harmenj
    81 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 11:30 AM

Hi Jim and Don

I experience the same thing here...  Te menu is in accesable...  If it helps, i can send a print screen....

Harmen Jan.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 11:53 AM

I am so tired of all the whining when an update messes some things up! Don't you realize much of it is actually our fault? How so? Well when I first joined almost 10 years ago an update took between 4 and 5 hours. Plenty of time to test for glitches before they released the update.

So many players whined that 4 to 5 hours was way too long to be down for an update so WGT now tries to do what they used to do in 4 or 5 hours in 2 hours or less! Not enough time to test the update properly. So STOP the whining and enjoy what we have until WGT fixes it and they will fix it!  

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 12:03 PM

Luckystar5:

software isn't that complicated, it only gets complicated when you hurry and try to just throw something togeather, for instance to grab more money.  ......

You really don't have any experience with software development, do you?

I do and can tell you that software like this is extremely complex and changes are tricky due to several factors too often present during development.  These include:

1. Very complex software
    2. Multiple developers involved during creation and maintenance
    3. Failure to adequately document all parts of the software, including changes
    4. Lack of a full test suite to verify the software before releases (difficult because of #1)
    5. Requirement to run on multiple platforms with multiple options beyond the developer's control.
    6. Time pressures due to any number of factors.

I have worked on software (developed by others) that has suffered from all of these and it is hard to change something without unintended consequences.

Some of these glitches should have been caught, but even now, there is no obvious commonality as to why some things work for some players and not others.

This is another reason for players to accept what works and not constantly demand changes that offer little benefit to the owners (WGT).  Unintended consequences result.

Looking forward to resolution of these bugs.

• Bowl64
    3,087 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 12:04 PM

I`m not whining, just reporting on the problems at my end.

Bjorn

• JDGHOST
    6,794 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 12:06 PM

It has all been covered through out this thread..... As Don said ...Be Patient !!......As a life long Mechanic I can imagine this fix is not like replacing 1 spark plug wire but more like pulling of the carburetor cleaning out "Gum" build up and maybe replacing the pins and floats then...That "Carb" will run smooth as silk !!

That being said... Just  a note that may help the Champ and Icon and the Techs.....Speaking with my members in club and few friends outside club as well JUST FEW MINS AGO...For whatever reason all is fine for at least "FOUR" Australian based PC players.... I even seen screenshots showing Oakmont fully available AND normal "Menu" options??  

Maybe it is a regional Issue......Just trying to give helpful info...

JD 

Again,,,Key word "Mechanic" I would trust Doc's Reply's on this as he has experience in the Proper field......

• sexysuzie
    4,150 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 12:10 PM
    Just a bit frustrating is all...EVERY TIME they have down time to add something....something gets messed up.....ALWAYS
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,517 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 12:12 PM

borntobesting:

I am so tired of all the whining when an update messes some things up!  

Can't possibly agree more!

IMO we all need some patience after all. Seems like many people are losing it not only with this game but life in general nowadays which is a shame.

I'd prefer waiting for 4-6 hours, even 12 hours if I have to for a better, more stable update, rather than waiting for 2 hours and having all these glitches and bugs that would need another update to get fixed. :-/

Sometimes, slower is better.

RSS