Forums

Help › Forums

Owners raiding other cubs

Wed, Jul 24 2019 9:12 AM (44 replies)
  • JDGHOST
    6,787 Posts
    Thu, Jul 11 2019 7:31 AM

Thank you for this thread I am the owner of The Founders Club AND I AM LIVID!!!!  I for one believe most of us as owners have some integrity and are against this "RECRUITING" tactic!!!

I have a had the same issue with 1 owner in particular....First last year and again just few days ago.....He posts on my players wall this message......

Hello xxxxxxxxx

I sent you a CC Invite to the XXXXXX XXXXXX Country Club because I'm impressed with your player stats and believe you may enjoy being a member of a Top 5 Activity Ranked CC with Level 20 benefits.  Moving from CC Level 19 to Level 20 immediately provides a +10% XP Boost benefit worth 16,425 WGT credits annually.  We just play however we choose to have fun with prized Club Tournaments as a more rewarding alternative to Pay-To-Win CC Event spending (20+ Club Tournaments weekly). 

Happy virtual golfing, 
    XXXXXXXXX  (CC Owner)

BY THE WAY...WHEN DID XP'S = 16,425 CREDITS?? sign me up to cash my xp's into credits LMAO

He posted this identical message on 10 of my players wall... sends them and invite than deletes the wall post a few hours later!!! 

Now I have obviously removed the the names of my player and this "SHADY LOW CLASS" owner and his club(which I am not saying is their fault most in his club might not even know how he operates)

I have been trying to build our club for years( just as many of you I'm sure have) by posting a recruiting message ....playing with friends....and general "word of mouth"...Never would I come into any of your clubs look at your roster and attempt such a classless move!!!!!

That being said I have also looked looked at this "owners" profile page and noticed in his activity and seen in black and white its a systematic pattern 1 club at a time!!

On a side note....This players score history shows nothing but and IDENTICAL scores of 162 on an 18 hole par 3 custom course of his creation over and over again ....that is a 9 on 18 par 3's in a row?? with as many as 10-15 rounds in day ..SAME SCORE....Which keeps him at a TM tier and yet is like a 180 level player??? 

I am not a computer wiz but I'm pretty sure this is what people call a "BOT" program he has running? Just pumping out rounds?

But that's another subject all together....I did send in emails to WGT yesterday ....All they have to do is open this xxxxx's profile page and go thru all the activity ?? Anyway just needed to get this of my chest!! I see I'm not alone in my anger!!!

Thanks for listening

JDGHOST

• JDGHOST
    6,787 Posts
    Thu, Jul 11 2019 7:45 AM

By the way, for those who suggest that club owners who complain about this issue need to get over it (or whatever verbiage you choose to use), I take it you've never complained about the annoyance of telemarketers. 

Unsolicited posts to one's wall can have a similar effect, especially since the posts most likely also generate an email to the player. It also could be interpreted as an implicit statement that there is something wrong with the player's current club and/or owner. 

Simply put: it's impolite and bad form. 

WELL SAID ROBERT!!

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Jul 11 2019 9:38 AM

TopShelf2010:

With that being said, let's try this approach then...

I find it very difficult to believe that some of the 234 members of Black Diamond were not in a country club prior to joining BD. Thus, meaning in some shape or form they were recruited to join. Whether it be through mutual friends. wall posts or whatever.

I'm not going to guess on BD members and how they came to be in that club, generally and my own club I think the above is wrong.

Most people that joined the CC I'm in asked to, a message to the owner and then usually they are accepted.

Occasionally it will be through friends,  maybe meet in an alt game and get on well and decide to be in the same CC.

I don't know if it's ever happened that someone here has messaged someone in another CC to ask them to join but I don't think so and certainly not recently. 

What was done here was someone looking at a CC's members and targeting some of them, players they didn't know.  Reading, not too far, between the lines these were probably the most active players who would be most likely to score a lot of points in a clash. 

TopShelf2010:
    If that is the case, is that not contradicting the point Jack is trying to make?

No, recruiting someone who asks to join or who there is some sort of connection with doesn't seem the same to me.

You could even have added advertising their CC on this forum and enticing people with all the wonderfull things they'll do for them.  That's not the same either.

• billycash74
    2,076 Posts
    Thu, Jul 11 2019 4:58 PM

JDGHOST:

.He posts on my players wall this message......Now I have obviously removed the the names of my player

Your players??? so you own people??? isnt that against the law? you seeing my point yet? you think members of your club belong to you and you and every other owner are so wrong  in that line of thinking. people are free to do as they wish. stop thinking you own something in this game. you dont even own your virtual equipment. i could care less either way. im in an amazing club with an amazing owner. he says take it as a compliment. u people coule learn a lot from Casey.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 3:23 AM
    billycash74:

JDGHOST:

.He posts on my players wall this message......Now I have obviously removed the the names of my player

Your players??? so you own people??? isnt that against the law? you seeing my point yet? you think members of your club belong to you and you and every other owner are so wrong  in that line of thinking. people are free to do as they wish. stop thinking you own something in this game. you dont even own your virtual equipment. i could care less either way. im in an amazing club with an amazing owner. he says take it as a compliment. u people coule learn a lot from Casey.

Wow, talk about going into right field! Firstly, he never said a word about owning anything, although, the cc has a listed " owner". The club does have members, that "belong" to that club, and none of which is against any laws. Quit trying to twist the words of who said what, the only thing I saw that you said that is true, is that Casey is a Gr8 guy, but if you belong to that club, he IS the owner! It's Casey, and Casey alone, that allows you to stay in that club, and only Casey will allow you to use superpasses, and it's Casey that assigns you, your position in the club. Finally, you do own the equipment in this game, it's there every time you sign in, and it will always be there, even if wgt, was to go out of business, you would still own it, you just couldn't play with it. Just like when you were a little one, you had toys, but when you got grounded you couldn't play with those things, but you still had those items.
  • Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 3:47 AM

JDGHOST:

Thank you for this thread I am the owner of The Founders Club AND I AM LIVID!!!!  I for one believe most of us as owners have some integrity and are against this "RECRUITING" tactic!!!

I have a had the same issue with 1 owner in particular....First last year and again just few days ago.....He posts on my players wall this message......

Hello xxxxxxxxx

I sent you a CC Invite to the XXXXXX XXXXXX Country Club because I'm impressed with your player stats and believe you may enjoy being a member of a Top 5 Activity Ranked CC with Level 20 benefits.  Moving from CC Level 19 to Level 20 immediately provides a +10% XP Boost benefit worth 16,425 WGT credits annually.  We just play however we choose to have fun with prized Club Tournaments as a more rewarding alternative to Pay-To-Win CC Event spending (20+ Club Tournaments weekly). 

Happy virtual golfing, 
    XXXXXXXXX  (CC Owner)

BY THE WAY...WHEN DID XP'S = 16,425 CREDITS?? sign me up to cash my xp's into credits LMAO

He posted this identical message on 10 of my players wall... sends them and invite than deletes the wall post a few hours later!!! 

Now I have obviously removed the the names of my player and this "SHADY LOW CLASS" owner and his club(which I am not saying is their fault most in his club might not even know how he operates)

I have been trying to build our club for years( just as many of you I'm sure have) by posting a recruiting message ....playing with friends....and general "word of mouth"...Never would I come into any of your clubs look at your roster and attempt such a classless move!!!!!

That being said I have also looked looked at this "owners" profile page and noticed in his activity and seen in black and white its a systematic pattern 1 club at a time!!

On a side note....This players score history shows nothing but and IDENTICAL scores of 162 on an 18 hole par 3 custom course of his creation over and over again ....that is a 9 on 18 par 3's in a row?? with as many as 10-15 rounds in day ..SAME SCORE....Which keeps him at a TM tier and yet is like a 180 level player??? 

I am not a computer wiz but I'm pretty sure this is what people call a "BOT" program he has running? Just pumping out rounds?

But that's another subject all together....I did send in emails to WGT yesterday ....All they have to do is open this xxxxx's profile page and go thru all the activity ?? Anyway just needed to get this of my chest!! I see I'm not alone in my anger!!!

Thanks for listening

JDGHOST

Hi,

I didn't know JD personally & he came up as a random/"Best Match" within the last week in a MP game.

I was familiar with his name as he'd played a few MP's with friends of mine.

It was a pleasure to play with JD & i can confirm that he did not solicit me once about joining his CC, Not once BUT 100 times! ;)

Enjoyed the game JD, Catch ya soon.

Take care, Ken

• JDGHOST
    6,787 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 4:03 AM

Thanks Ken ...and it was a pleasure playing you ...always fun against a high caliber player! 👍

To bad I couldn't "Poach" you into joining my club  😜 LOL.....See ya soon   JD

• billycash74
    2,076 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 4:29 AM

Luckystar5:
    billycash74:

JDGHOST:

Wow, talk about going into right field! Firstly, he never said a word about owning anything, although, the cc has a listed " owner". The club does have members, that "belong" to that club, and none of which is against any laws. Quit trying to twist the words of who said what, the only thing I saw that you said that is true, is that Casey is a Gr8 guy, but if you belong to that club, he IS the owner! It's Casey, and Casey alone, that allows you to stay in that club, and only Casey will allow you to use superpasses, and it's Casey that assigns you, your position in the club. Finally, you do own the equipment in this game, it's there every time you sign in, and it will always be there, even if wgt, was to go out of business, you would still own it, you just couldn't play with it. Just like when you were a little one, you had toys, but when you got grounded you couldn't play with those things, but you still had those items.

no i havent went into right field. you have thinking players are property on WGT.  you are correct about owners owning the club but they do not own the players. Casey is an awesome dude but he doesnt own me or any other Bushwacker and he doesnt think he does either. i am not his property and im sure he doesnt think that of any Bushwacker. Members of a club do not "belong" to a club. People dont belong to anyone. and since you are so sure you own the equipment, lets ask people whove had their accounts banned if they own equipment. yall would enjoy the game so much more if you dont worry  about things you have no control over. as i said earlier i could care less if people are trying to get others to change clubs. only reason i opened my mouth to begin with is you guys are so wrong thinking you own PEOPLE. get outta here with that mess. take it as a compliment. probably means you run a really good club.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 5:30 AM

Cmon you guys , I think this subject has been talked about several times , Let's not beat it to death ,  All club owners experience this from time to time , It's legal for any members to get invites from other clubs , It is frowned upon but it happens . It use to bother me but not very much any more , Members will leave for whatever reason , Don't take it personal . If a member wants to leave a club ? He or she will do so no matter if they get an invite or not . 

Focus on the important things and don't sweat the small stuff , You know that 2 can play that game , I read where someone said just invite all his members , Yes  you can do that and I have been down that road before .  Arguing about it will get us nowhere . 

This is going to happen , Like it or not . How you deal with it is your choice . I think everyone's opinion is valid , Most of us club owners don't invite players from other clubs unless that club is dormant or dying . However it is acceptable in WGT's eyes to invite whoever you want . 

I hate to see you guys bashing each other , It's easy to misunderstand someone's intention , We don't always agree but we can respect each other , Your all grown ups . Cant we just get along .

To the OP -  Send me a PM and perhaps I can help you with this problem . 

To everyone else -  Chill out , Be nice , Respect each other and we can all do better .

• JDGHOST
    6,787 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 6:24 AM

THANK YOU Mr Everett for being being a gentleman!!! And very well said....Although I don't agree with this owners "Recruiting" Tactic....I mean honestly to go in to another club and go down their roster and send them all the same "copy/paste message" on their wall and a club invite is just NOT recruiting at all? At least take the effort to play a round (if possible) with a player and say "Hey if your ever thinking of switching clubs we here at Bunker Buster have this that and the other thing" Etc.....But at this point I've let it go....Like you said...Let's all get along!!!

BTW Don't know where this "OWNING PLAYERS" ever came from I never said that? And of COURSE every player in my club is free to come and go as they wish....

JD

RSS