Forums

Help › Forums

Disgusting customer service.

Sat, Aug 3 2019 6:38 PM (56 replies)
  • DAVEJOHNMARSHALL
    105 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 2:24 AM

Only punch on the green .with my clubs and ball it works out about 6.25 yds for every ten yds

You will need to practice what yours will do . also I normally  use full bs.hope this helps

Regards

Dave

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 2:27 AM

Geoff5732:

Things were going well, until I found myself in a position requiring a very long putt which had a mound hindering a line to the hole.
    I decided a ‘flop’ shot to be my best option, so I set up the shot, considering all height, wind distance indicators and played my ‘shot’.
    Distance to the hole was approx 15ft, the chosen 54 deg wedge showed max distance of approx 28ft, hole approx 1ft above ball... I selected the stroke power to 50% and allowed adequate for roll, elevation wind etc.. hit the contact line perfect... and the ball travelled about 2 inches!!
    I

Things were going well. Mmmmmmm possibly so , but I feel you were only on the 3rd and on green but short. I conclude that because of the mound/15ft you state. 

Very long putt......15 feet. Well I admire your general iron play if that's a longy.

Just a tip. Playing half power will not get you to go half your desired distance stated . It's a weak shot and especially as a flop is never played half swing ...here or in real golf and especially if you wishing to get ball up and over a mound.

• Nav919
    331 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 6:28 AM

Lol...try a 64deg. Hit on -  ‘Full Power Mode’ & double the distance of feet (to the hole) to Yards (on the Meter). So for 15 ft, hit 30yds + whetever green speed & possible forward roll etc.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 6:35 AM

YankeeJim:

"Many members and general gaming enthusiasts are commenting with great interest on this thread."

Rather presumptuous for a rant when "many members" already know about flopping on the green, no?  Another gamer gets a rude awakening. :-D

I have taken some major steps into the legal position of such a ‘game’ will-fully manipulating gaming operations and subsequent outcomes with regard to a persons resulting mentality and it’s negative effects it may may not induce.
    Many members and general gaming enthusiasts are commenting with great interest on this thread.

Not entirely sure but I don't think he was talking about members here.  I thought he was along the lines of "give me cash or me and my friends, on some unknown and rarely visited forum, will talk endlessly about the poor mental state we're in as a result of video games. ". 

Works for me, can I have some too please wgt.  Many times the game has cheated me out of a ball and a fragment of my remaining sanity. I remember for instance driving on the 4th at St A's wind 28mph from my left, inexplicably I moved my marker right to compensate(?) this resulted in a lost ball, a slight loosening of my tenuous grip on sanity and a frightened cat.  Wgt should clearly have a system where, "don't be stupid" is flashed up in red lights when such shots are being lined up. 

My advice to the op would be to learn from your mistake and move on, if only I could do the learn bit myself :-( 

ps The cat may sue too.

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 6:56 AM

I would suggest that you join a very active country club,

YES - BUT NOT MINE PLEASE .

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 7:02 AM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 7:30 AM

Robert1893:
    It always amazes me that people don't know how silly they look when they write stuff like this

What do you suppose a major step is? Literally. Convene a Grand Jury or something? Picking up a phone to call an attorney isn't that major not to mention what the attorney's advice would most surely be. So what would classify as a major step?

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 7:47 AM

• Geoff5732
    7 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 8:11 AM

Actually I do, but I’m taking in all the comments and views before making any further comment, par this one, before deciding which course of action is my preferred route.

a

Also, I don’t understand the club level system etc just yet but I’m assuming level 13 is quite an achievement, am I on that level, most probably, so again, I’ll decide on that also at a later date.

Thanks for the offer, it’s on hold.

• Geoff5732
    7 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 8:18 AM

I think it may have been, can’t recall exactly, however, 15ft to me is long enough to have a go with an alternate type of shot to a putt. A flop, chip etc over a mound hindering the line, in a game was worth a go, maybe even on course.

Sometimes needs must. 

RSS