Forums

Help › Forums

Disgusting customer service.

Sat, Aug 3 2019 6:38 PM (56 replies)
  • Geoff5732
    7 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2019 12:10 AM

Hi, this is was what I sent to ‘Help Support’.

Hi
    I’m writing to make a complaint.
    I have been playing this game a few months now and generally found it to be very good and enjoyable.
    However, I have been learning more about the game, it’s programming and software platform, discussions around the forums regard various topics, not least the negative theories of suspicious programming and algorithms etc and the like. 
    In general I took a conservative view, BUT, recently, I’ve been becoming very frustrated at an alarming number of erratic and unexplainable shot / game outcomes which is totally destroying my enjoyment of the game.
    Not least a major concern to me is the money I have invested to enhance my playing experience, but my state of mind, only to be left upset, angry and very frustrated. 
    I have taken some major steps into the legal position of such a ‘game’ will-fully manipulating gaming operations and subsequent outcomes with regard to a persons resulting mentality and it’s negative effects it may may not induce.
    Many members and general gaming enthusiasts are commenting with great interest on this thread.
    Example of the erratic and unexplainable occurrences.
    I have just had to end a enjoyable 18 hole game on the Olympic monthly. I’m in great need to play stroke play games to advance my personal position within the game and enhance my gaming.
    Things were going well, until I found myself in a position requiring a very long putt which had a mound hindering a line to the hole.
    I decided a ‘flop’ shot to be my best option, so I set up the shot, considering all height, wind distance indicators and played my ‘shot’.
    Distance to the hole was approx 15ft, the chosen 54 deg wedge showed max distance of approx 28ft, hole approx 1ft above ball... I selected the stroke power to 50% and allowed adequate for roll, elevation wind etc.. hit the contact line perfect... and the ball travelled about 2 inches!!
    I was so shocked.. I tried the same shot again to see if I’d made an error. Same result.. and then again.
    Now I was, and still am, very angry and will NOT be playing another game until I have an explanation and / adequate compensation.
    I’m also very angry as I’m presently top of the Diamond II league, leading by near 500,000 coins, so I’m not a chump player, I’m doing really well and have very good gaming skills.
    I have posted similar to various Twitter feeds and gaming forums as I feel this really does need addressing and the more gamers experiencing such scenarios need to come forward to voice their experiences.
    I really hope you consider this complaint understandably as it is intended as a positive in addressing negative issues suppressing what is a very enjoyable hobby for a great number.
    Yours faithfully 

And their response...

Dear ...

We do not manipulate the game in anyway. Also, without being able to see these shots with the full course conditions surrounding them it is incredibly difficult to offer any real insight on why this may have happened. If you have any other questions or issues, please don't hesitate to message us back anytime.

Sincerely,

WGT

Very annoyed by this reply is an understatement.. just shows their distance for their customers. Anyone have a view on this?

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2019 10:32 AM

Geoff5732:

Hi, this is was what I sent to ‘Help Support’.

Hi
    I’m writing to make a complaint.

blah-blah-blah with no useful actionable information.

Yours faithfully 

And their response...

Dear ...

We do not manipulate the game in anyway. Also, without being able to see these shots with the full course conditions surrounding them it is incredibly difficult to offer any real insight on why this may have happened. If you have any other questions or issues, please don't hesitate to message us back anytime.

Sincerely,

WGT

Very annoyed by this reply is an understatement.. just shows their distance for their customers. Anyone have a view on this?

Yes - I quickly skimmed your overlong rant and found you gave nothing to CS that they could help with.

Use the option during the game to report a problem and they can try to see what happened.  Write a long rant useless afterward and expect nothing - because they cannot do anything with nothing.

They wll help if you give them appropriate information.  I know - they have helped me and others in the past.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2019 11:07 AM

As pointed out you have to be more informative if you want help . There is nothing wrong with C/S or their response to you . Although you may be a gamer this is not that type of game . There is no easy way to play or learn . In fact this game replicates the real game of golf in detail . If you watch an actual tournament you will see this if you understand the game .

You have to play here like its the real thing . You have to really learn your clubs and how to hit the shots you truly want to hit . You have to also learn course management ball placement how to read the greens for putting . This is whats required if you want to play well in this game . There are no freebies and you have to put your time in . Just like real golf this is the most aggravating game you will ever enjoy playing .

So instead of complaining because the game doesnt go your way , go practice . Those 500,000 coins you have are actually worthless for the most part . You cant buy a good round but you can play one . We all get frustrated with the game . Its a part of the game that in time you will get used to . I understand the money spent part I`ve never done it but I do understand .

Stop wasting your money on expensive balls until you can get the better clubs . Dont worry about the better clubs until you reach Master or Tour Master tier . Until then play learn and have fun . Dont knock C/S they are the only thing that truly works around here . LOL . They will always help you as best they can and they do one heck of a great job doing so . 

In time you will see this as well as the things I pointed out . Just hang in there and keep playing .

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2019 12:12 PM

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2019 12:14 PM

Firstly, welcome to the game.  I would suggest that you join a very active country club, by doing so you can learn from those of us that have figured out many of the shots, and ways to play the game.  You found the forums, a good start, but you havent figured out how to navigate them.  There is a very lengthy thread about what club, to use on a green, other than a putter.  Ill save you a bit more misery, you cannot use the flop shot on the green,  you can use the wedge, but in the full shot mode only.  Flop only works on the fringe of green.  There is your start, from there you figure the rest out.  But be forewarned, once you figure it out, or join a club that helps you, you will be chastised, for using these shots against some players. Good luck, but , a word of advise still is too find a good cc to learn from.    

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2019 12:41 PM

I can grasp your frustration and I have researched, read, and possibly skimmed some of the same discussion threads you have mentioned...

My impression was / is you began to draft a letter that was thoughtful and articulated your concern... then you introduced the following... 

Geoff5732:
    I have taken some major steps into the legal position of such a ‘game’ will-fully manipulating gaming operations and subsequent outcomes with regard to a persons resulting mentality and it’s negative effects it may may not induce.

I would suggest or feel upon reading this highlighted phrase in itself... you virtually went from seeking a genuine response or answer to receiving a "redacted" version that would disclose nothing that could be used "legally"  since you assert you have taken major steps towards a legal position.

I too have experienced some very odd shots and things that can not be explained easily.  I have gotten responses from CS that suggest the purpose of the game is to create a "realistic" playing experience....  when I read or interpret "realistic" golfing experience I understand that to mean you will get WTF shots even when it doesn't make sense because the game does not want to be too easy and many players learn to master this game shooting absurdly low scores seemingly all the time... but if you look through even the 1000 credit ready go's which only the best players participate in... you still see a fair number of them WD.  Why... because even they, like you experience some of those rounds where things don't go right or well so they throw in the towel.  

The bigger question then becomes... knowing or learning what you believe about WGT and the game... how do you choose to play and participate.  Only you can decide whether spending money, earning credits from the 2 credit videos, or trying to win credits is appropriate to sustain the "cost" of playing a "free" game if you wish to play competitively or progress through the tiers.  Many people simply meet and make friends and develop connections through country clubs and gain a sense of community.  The social aspect has no cost associated with it, and it serves to provide a connection for many people.  

I am not dismissing or discounting your frustrations or concerns and I hear your frustration.  I have experienced frustration as well...  but I have also had a few rounds where WGT seemed to help me and I seemingly played far better than I normally play and won some credits as well.  So, in one way or another, I like to think that sometimes there is a chance it balances out, but it is hard to know for certain.

Also, as noted by others... when there is a particular shot you question or doubt if you are playing on the PC send yourself the replay.  If you are a mobile player... consider looking into a recording program to save or record your favorite rounds so you can then submit something for direct review.  I have done this myself at times to try and figure out how a shot could seem so far off or move in a direction against a 20mph crosswind.

I do not know the exact scenario of the shot you described... but if you were on the green and tried to flop over a mound or hill... you can't flop on a green to my knowledge...

I did have a shot similar to this when the game presented to me the indication that my shot stopped "on the fringe" where I can hit a pitch or flop, but it treated my shot as though it was on the green.  When I watched the replay... the game then presented the different condition of the ball being on the green... so why was I "presented" with "fringe"? 

I can't say or explain, but it happened and it cost me a shot in a big tournament.  You can bet it frustrated me as well... but you can't flop on the green, which the replay showed when the game instructed me I was on the fringe...  the only way to prove that or address it, would be to present both a recording of the round and the replay which showed the different position.  

WGT can't give you a shot back in a tournament so you just have to move on and hope you get another opportunity down the road.  

Hope this helps sooth your frustration or at least lets you feel heard... but I don't think WGT is going to do anything for you based on your "use of legal ramifications".

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2019 1:46 PM

It's very simple - Don't use a flop shot on the green . The end .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2019 2:08 PM

CEverett12:
    It's very simple - Don't use a flop shot on the green

LOL. When I got to that part it immediately put the entire rant into perspective. What I did get a kick out of was this pronouncement in the orginial post!!

"Many members and general gaming enthusiasts are commenting with great interest on this thread."

Rather presumptuous for a rant when "many members" already know about flopping on the green, no?  Another gamer gets a rude awakening. :-D

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2019 3:33 PM

I could be wrong , Some people have told me that they have flopped on the green , I tried it a couple of times and it didn't work out so good , But I cant flop out of the bunker either , So what do I know .

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2019 4:07 PM

YankeeJim:
    Rather presumptuous for a rant when "many members" already know about flopping on the green, no?  Another gamer gets a rude awakening. :-D

Yes and after the flop went 2 inches the first time - tried again.  and again......

Sometimes one has to forget the numbers and think "golf"!

RSS