Forums

Help › Forums

hacks to tour champions

Mon, Jan 28 2019 10:31 PM (53 replies)
  • ernestious
    332 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2019 5:22 PM

jw1k:

As Ken said, voice communication is a definite plus. Or even to get some streams going at certain points and let the viewers ask questions and maybe we can get into the situation they have problems with ourselves to show them.  Fat from a top player but enjoy the game and enjoy helping  

the downfall i see though, is as much as I’m sure some lower tiers would enjoy actually playing in a round with higher tiers to learn, I feel it’s an injustice to them making them putt on 13 green speeds. I use to jump into random alts without specifying tier requirement and finally quit doing that. Bit unfair for them having to make that big of a green speed jump. 

Was just going to point that out, you got there first. +1

jw1k:

As Ken said, voice communication is a definite plus. Or even to get some streams going at certain points and let the viewers ask questions and maybe we can get into the situation they have problems with ourselves to show them.  Fat from a top player but enjoy the game and enjoy helping  

the downfall i see though, is as much as I’m sure some lower tiers would enjoy actually playing in a round with higher tiers to learn, I feel it’s an injustice to them making them putt on 13 green speeds. I use to jump into random alts without specifying tier requirement and finally quit doing that. Bit unfair for them having to make that big of a green speed jump. 

• jw1k
    31 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2019 9:06 PM

MGB01:
    jw1k:

i agree it would be great talking through a round and explaining things on skype or something similar....regarding the 13 greens they are no harder than standard greens if the new guys use the right calculations.......the numbers i have on my homepage are good numbers for 13 greens if any new players like to play alt games on champ greens.....

Just a matter of getting time-zones coordinated. Next Monday night, 1/28/2019, 95% sure I’ll be on playing from 9pm central (Texas) till about 4:30-5:00am. Anyone who wants to pop on twitch feel free. Maybe help get started answering a few questions new players may have. 

• Leggoman13
    8,265 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2019 9:32 PM

MGB - Great idea and in doing it the correct way, should bring great fun and achievements by putting in a manageable efforts.

Been busy, And back on now with a different schedule. I play from Midnight to 3h00 am (Montreal time)

If you need some players to help with new players with tips on the game and equipment purchases, 

I am willing to participate and help, if you still need some good to excellent players.

I am not the best, but I have learned from some great players and my game has been improving alot.

I am will to pay it forward.

I use Discord, Skype, and Twitch, I have only 1 recorded game on youtube.

cheers

Pierre :o)

p.s. Definitely doable using chat box on wgt while playing live games. But alot easier on live chat and sharing screen to explain the shots.

on ward and up ward

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 1:41 AM
    Leggoman13:

MGB - Great idea and in doing it the correct way, should bring great fun and achievements by putting in a manageable efforts.

Been busy, And back on now with a different schedule. I play from Midnight to 3h00 am (Montreal time)

If you need some players to help with new players with tips on the game and equipment purchases, 

I am willing to participate and help, if you still need some good to excellent players.

I am not the best, but I have learned from some great players and my game has been improving alot.

I am will to pay it forward.

I use Discord, Skype, and Twitch, I have only 1 recorded game on youtube.

cheers

Pierre :o)

p.s. Definitely doable using chat box on wgt while playing live games. But alot easier on live chat and sharing screen to explain the shots.

on ward and up ward

thx pierre for your offer to help.......we have a couple of guys that may benefit with chatting on certain things....ill get back to you with more info via message.....thx again mickey
  • MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 1:45 AM
    jw1k:

MGB01:
    jw1k:

i agree it would be great talking through a round and explaining things on skype or something similar....regarding the 13 greens they are no harder than standard greens if the new guys use the right calculations.......the numbers i have on my homepage are good numbers for 13 greens if any new players like to play alt games on champ greens.....

Just a matter of getting time-zones coordinated. Next Monday night, 1/28/2019, 95% sure I’ll be on playing from 9pm central (Texas) till about 4:30-5:00am. Anyone who wants to pop on twitch feel free. Maybe help get started answering a few questions new players may have. 

thanks jw for offering to help out.......very good of you.......mickey
  • MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 3:43 AM
    message for all the new guys or lower tier guys that may be looking for some great tips and help improving their games......we now have 2 established players offering to get the live feeds going with streaming......this would be a great way of asking questions or just genarally chatting about equipment or green speeds or techniques on improving your game......leggoman13 and jw1k are doing the streams....for more info contact me or friend request leggoman13 or jw1k
  • Young46
    1,292 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 5:06 AM

Just stumbled on this, kudos on taking the effort to help new players. I will be streaming some viewer games this Friday & Saturday from 9:30am-11:30am US EST both days. Anyone can play and I will be answering questions from players and viewers during those games.

http://twitch.tv/young46

• jw1k
    31 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 5:19 AM

Young46:

Just stumbled on this, kudos on taking the effort to help new players. I will be streaming some viewer games this Friday & Saturday from 9:30am-11:30am US EST both days. Anyone can play and I will be answering questions from players and viewers during those games.

http://twitch.tv/young46

And on that note, and for reference to any new(er) individual who needs help, Young’s stream and YouTube channel is gold. Many lessons on his YouTube page, from playing wind, and excellent putting calculator (that I still use), as well as getting started mapping clubs. 

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 5:20 AM
    thx jason........kudos for doing your part on helping the new guys also......
  • pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 6:30 AM

What I am struggling with is the translation of the tips to mobile.  The mobile game may as well be a completely different game from the PC version.  

While the tips tips have been fantastic it’s so difficult to apply to the mobile platform.

RSS