Forums

Help › Forums

hacks to tour champions

Mon, Jan 28 2019 10:31 PM (53 replies)
  • MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Jan 1 2019 5:22 PM
    Jimbog1964:

OK..The CC I am in has a website (free).  Have a read for good background and by all means ask.........Simple and it's got several to a very solid chance at getting in the VUSO finals (if they put some effort in).

GaryPinhunters site is very good...Obviously, I don't service that but I hear nothing but good things about it.  IMHO some solid basic calcs, effort in mapping will pay dividends in ADTP.  Personally I do not think there is any putting method that will turn inept to super cool, but some nouse will get you a long way (off the bat the dots are plenty to read greens to bang in sub 30s) ............. 

Very roughly it (I mean very and I would always say many have benefited from the various putting methods discussed in the forums).

thx jim ill pass on this info to some newbies asking for tips....thx for the input regards mickey
  • WWilliams46
    91 Posts
    Tue, Jan 1 2019 5:38 PM

MGB01:
    WWilliams46:

Hi,

While I am by no means the best player in the world I have been playing on WGT for a little over 5 years now and am currently a Champion and actively involved in my country club as a moderator setting tourneys etc.  My club was all about mentoring new players and I benefited from that a great deal.  I would be willing to at least pass on whatever knowledge I have gained to anyone looking for tips and advice so if interested then put a reply here and quote this thread and I will get an email.  Also send me a friend request. Then hopefully we can find some agreeable times to play a few rounds.

My name is Wayne

thx wayne appreciate you helping out....we have a few new guys looking for tips and a little help....ill send you some info on a player that is looking for help....friend request sent...regards mickey

Friend request accepted

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 1:14 AM

It's hard getting a game with other Champs in alt games apart from the odd game with CC members when available. As such, most of the alt games I'm involved in are with Master-Legends.

I like to play alt games when I'm playing, but have copped a bit of abuse from players for offering tips, so I gave up. 

If I'm available I'd be happy to play.

Mike

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 7:38 AM
    Miantiao:

It's hard getting a game with other Champs in alt games apart from the odd game with CC members when available. As such, most of the alt games I'm involved in are with Master-Legends.

I like to play alt games when I'm playing, but have copped a bit of abuse from players for offering tips, so I gave up. 

If I'm available I'd be happy to play.

Mike

hi mike.....im always up for a game.....just let me know and we can get a game organized with some lower tiers that will enjoy the round....regards mickey ...friend request sent
  • Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 9:42 AM

Hi Mickey,

Just to add my tuppenceworth I'd advise If possible that the beginner hook up with their mentor through Skype, Discord or any Voice App as there's only so much that can be typed In Game Chat between shots whereas with Discord or Skype they can walk them through the shot

Ken

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 9:53 AM
    Kenher01:

Hi Mickey,

Just to add my tuppenceworth I'd advise If possible that the beginner hook up with their mentor through Skype, Discord or any Voice App as there's only so much that can be typed In Game Chat between shots whereas with Discord or Skype they can walk them through the shot

Ken

thx ken.....good idea not much time to type...would be better to have some champs on chat with their new guy......are you offering your services ken ?
  • SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 10:28 AM

Hi, I would agree.  Somehow I did the typing version and managed to touch all the bases but having a conversation would have been way easier and I probably could have gone into greater detail about things

Corey

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Sun, Jan 20 2019 11:29 AM

I am interested as well.  Request sent

• jw1k
    31 Posts
    Mon, Jan 21 2019 8:45 PM

As Ken said, voice communication is a definite plus. Or even to get some streams going at certain points and let the viewers ask questions and maybe we can get into the situation they have problems with ourselves to show them.  Fat from a top player but enjoy the game and enjoy helping  

the downfall i see though, is as much as I’m sure some lower tiers would enjoy actually playing in a round with higher tiers to learn, I feel it’s an injustice to them making them putt on 13 green speeds. I use to jump into random alts without specifying tier requirement and finally quit doing that. Bit unfair for them having to make that big of a green speed jump. 

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2019 7:15 AM
    jw1k:

As Ken said, voice communication is a definite plus. Or even to get some streams going at certain points and let the viewers ask questions and maybe we can get into the situation they have problems with ourselves to show them.  Fat from a top player but enjoy the game and enjoy helping  

the downfall i see though, is as much as I’m sure some lower tiers would enjoy actually playing in a round with higher tiers to learn, I feel it’s an injustice to them making them putt on 13 green speeds. I use to jump into random alts without specifying tier requirement and finally quit doing that. Bit unfair for them having to make that big of a green speed jump. 

i agree it would be great talking through a round and explaining things on skype or something similar....regarding the 13 greens they are no harder than standard greens if the new guys use the right calculations.......the numbers i have on my homepage are good numbers for 13 greens if any new players like to play alt games on champ greens.....
RSS