Forums

Help › Forums

Tease!

Thu, Dec 20 2018 2:37 AM (164 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2018 12:31 AM

This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2018 8:15 AM

Tigerpaw509:

The real question is will there be any new courses in 2019?

Hmmmm.  . . you want wgt to delay Wolf Creek by a couple of weeks?  Voila!!

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2018 10:38 AM

Woodie312:

Champ,

a HUGE Thank You for the update.

A question I may have missed here, but are we getting all 18 at once or will we get it 9 now and 9 later as we did with Pebble?

W

Unless something crazy happens it will be all 18 on day 1. 

_CHAMPION 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2018 12:44 PM

So who's got the Back Door ?

Come on Konrad...get to it  --> 

;))

• DarkenRahl
    2,115 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2018 10:56 PM

craigswan:

This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Having a tremendous difficulty with your lifestyle as well?

• philljarvis
    12 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2018 4:14 AM

PRIESTESS:

This site is very unique because no other golf site can platform their product on "Flash".

Wgt has improved so much regarding their relationship with Flash which gives the game that deep 3D appearance., which the utility player cannot do.

So with that in mind WGT will always be the biggest online golf game in the internet world. Think bigger and give us new pin positions  lol:)  Don't take viewers for granted because that apple can become sour very quickly.

End of life for Flash is 2020...

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2018 9:45 AM

philljarvis:

PRIESTESS:

This site is very unique because no other golf site can platform their product on "Flash".

Wgt has improved so much regarding their relationship with Flash which gives the game that deep 3D appearance., which the utility player cannot do.

So with that in mind WGT will always be the biggest online golf game in the internet world. Think bigger and give us new pin positions  lol:)  Don't take viewers for granted because that apple can become sour very quickly.

End of life for Flash is 2020...

I don't think that is the case for existing platforms that are built on flash??

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2018 11:04 AM

PRIESTESS:

The game will still run as the Flash is installed on your computer, well that is my understanding.

What it does mean is flash will not update nor will be supported and development will be limited to the current parameters.

Hence I cannot see new courses for the PC platform after WC unless they can migrate the game away from the flash platform. For players like me, it means the end of the game as I have zero interest playing on an iPad or phone. 

• philljarvis
    12 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2018 4:13 PM

alanti:

PRIESTESS:

The game will still run as the Flash is installed on your computer, well that is my understanding.

What it does mean is flash will not update nor will be supported and development will be limited to the current parameters.

Yes, Flash will not update after 2020. Whether up to date browsers will still support it after that point remains to be seen - I would guess there will be a way to enable it for specific sites, but don't know for sure.

Flash is a massive security headache for Adobe, they are not able to properly secure it and can only just keep up with patching the bugs that are regularly found. I think many would argue it should have been killed years ago!

In principle it should be possible to implement WGT in HTML5, but I imagine this is a fairly big job and will take time and money. Let's hope someone is already on the case...

RSS