Help › Forums

Tease!

Thu, Dec 20 2018 2:37 AM (164 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2018 1:37 PM

WGTChampion:

alanti:

A question for Champ....or any other Mod....what will be the next course we receive (after Wolf Creek) and approximately when?

Don't know and not sure. Sorry. 

I appreciate the honesty, but considering the courses take the best part of a year to create, and the fact the US Open is at Pebble Beach next year (not that we got Shinnecock Hills GC this year) then that is a little disappointing.

Would someone higher up in the food chain be willing to enlighten the community?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2018 1:37 PM

Double post 

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2018 2:49 PM

When you log in, you play the same courses over and over. The course has to have some kind of character to it for me to keep playing it. Congressional. Olympic, Chambers Pebble and Bethpage.All have character. Pinehurst and Erin in my opinion were bad choices.

Wolf creek deffo has character so it would be an idea for future courses to pick a course  that can hold up over a long period of time.

Also an aspect that is real important are" new pin positions".New pins at any existing course  should be the no.1 priority!!  Not sure if that is possible with older courses but you must have this option with any additional ones.

This site is very unique because no other golf site can platform their product on "Flash".

Wgt has improved so much regarding their relationship with Flash which gives the game that deep 3D appearance., which the utility player cannot do.

So with that in mind WGT will always be the biggest online golf game in the internet world. Think bigger and give us new pin positions  lol:)  Don't take viewers for granted because that apple can become sour very quickly.

• Woodie312
    671 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2018 3:06 PM

Champ,

a HUGE Thank You for the update.

A question I may have missed here, but are we getting all 18 at once or will we get it 9 now and 9 later as we did with Pebble?

W

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2018 3:27 PM

Was anything hidden for Team Yancy to find ?

OPY

• happymt
    869 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2018 6:50 PM

whens the back door going to open

• ZAAR25
    312 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2018 10:56 PM

I see wgt bought  2 drones , there in the tee boxes in the clash . lol                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     zaar

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Nov 22 2018 1:44 AM

Bowl64:
    I really hope so Champ, with the amount of players, and rounds being played, there should really be 30-40 courses to choose from.

I know right...waiting for the foursome in front of me to finish putting out really drags me down.  These rounds take forever due to the crowded courses.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Nov 22 2018 2:49 AM

pmm711:

Bowl64:
    I really hope so Champ, with the amount of players, and rounds being played, there should really be 30-40 courses to choose from.

I know right...waiting for the foursome in front of me to finish putting out really drags me down.  These rounds take forever due to the crowded courses.

Ffs that hurt my ribs laughing!

Despite the 5-6 hours rounds, the development of courses has dwindled and losing Oakmont personally outweighs getting Wolf Creek.....for whatever reason Oak had to go.

In some ways we are spoiled.......we have some of the best golf courses in the world, in high definition. I feel privileged to have played these virtually, or relived playing them from real golf (Andy’s and Kiawah).

Yes additional pin positions would help to relieve staleness, and we were told that later courses are shot with this in mind.

The game will never please everyone, nor will any game but I feel with flash dying, there is little incentive to invest and mobile is primarily aimed at shortened versions.

I wish I did feel excited by Wolf Creek, but like it’s initials, the game is slowly going down the pan. The breakdown of the relationship with the USGA and not getting Shinnecock Hill GC for the US Open, was the litmus test.

Many golf games have come and gone......WGT is one of the best, but probably the defining difference of WGT, it’s predecessors and current opposition is the community.

Whilst I don’t play nearly as much as some, I will feel sadness when the PC game finally comes up with “closed for good” but log onto the app and play for coins........blah

RSS