Mon, Dec 10 2018 4:15 PM (139 replies)
  • sesky
    3,294 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 12:44 PM

Fair enough. Thanks

• robwilks88
    221 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 1:20 PM

I am fairly new to this game, but I understand the overall reason for people's distaste when these changes were conveniently made in such a short time. It makes more sense that the changes made were not designed to benefit the members or players. It also makes sense that the original "BUG" that created the glitch benefited WGT more than the members or players.  I mean there is no monetary value for the members/players. 

The argument others are making that "the XP wasn't really earned" is really a non starter because if you play, you earn.  There were more sales across the board, memberships, balls, passes, courses, clubs, other equipment. So that point is absolutely valid that WGT could have just screwed the pooch with sales. 

The argument that some members/players don't deserve the level or tiers they are on because of the glitch is just plain stupid. We all put in the time and effort and money to reach those levels and tiers, doesn't matter if there was a glitch or not. 

Bottom line, you are always going to have those who defend the actions of WGT no matter what and that's ok, but don't be disrespectful to others because they voice their opinions, especially when those opinions make more sense than the offered up defense.

I a long with many others appreciate those like Sesky and Jhoelscher  and our ability to post opinions in the forums. These forums are for everyone, not just those who choose to defend the actions of WGT.

What would happen if all these same 1000's of people stopped playing? Stopped spending money? You defenders might have a change in tune, I know WGT would.

Rob

Rob

• andyace46
    147 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 1:25 PM

I think the so called glitch should be bought back I think wgt  will lose a lot of money over this and members I won't be buying anymore balls or equipment unless they do I played the game 3 or 4 times a day and bought credits to pay for the pass after the free one so I levelled up quicker but what's the point now 

• BHenke2
    397 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 2:02 PM

I have no idea where some of you come up with this crazy idea that people spent all kinds extra money on balls because of this glitch. Our club had a par 3 custom course set up for this and I almost always used a free ball on this followed by a regular round that I would normally play anyway with one of my regular balls. So on a par 3 course that is a total of 9 hits per round on the ball if you hit every GIR. I never played extra rounds because of this glitch or did I ever buy extra passes because of it. One thing this glitch did create was a bunch of Red Tee Legends, Tour Legends and Champions because so many people were playing Red Tee courses after a custom course. Maybe that is what everyone is mad about? 

• HalHoff
    825 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 2:02 PM

You never had to buy a pass to level up quicker. Points came on the next ranked round after a custom course  without passes on either.

You advanced levels because of the glitch to have sooner access to equipment. Advancing tiers is different.

• Mandlebrot
    521 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 2:11 PM

Have they fixed the Clash cheating glitch? It is more important!

• Blubalzz
    477 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 2:19 PM
    Forget the glitch, just fix / adjust the points that are needed to level up. When you need 2.6 million to gain one level thats ridiculous at 256 per round. I remember when it took a year to move up one level. Who ever set up the spread between levels was drinking heavy at the time. Make the spreads between levels more realistic. Not that it matters for anyone at 103 or higher. WGT gives zero nothing nota for players to look forward to for leveling up. No free rentals, Not even a free ball for leveling up. I guess free virtual balls are to expensive to give away. WGT is a great game but they sure need help on their marketing and promotion side.
  • Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 3:01 PM

It’s unfortunate that WGT will only listen to those who scream the loudest. Like for this glitch, I’m positive that far more people like the glitch by a large margin as it got them to level up faster so they could play with better equipment.

I would also assume the average new WGT player only plays for a year or less so this should translate into less monies spent on the game as they will soon get frustrated and quit as it will take them a very long time to get to a level to use better equipment.

I know for one on the non-clash days I always played 4 games at a minimum. Two regular, and two custom. There is really no point in doing that now, I will probably just play one or two regular courses and be done for the day. Less money spent on balls.

Dave.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 3:17 PM
    BHenke2:

I have no idea where some of you come up with this crazy idea that people spent all kinds extra money on balls because of this glitch. Our club had a par 3 custom course set up for this and I almost always used a free ball on this followed by a regular round that I would normally play anyway with one of my regular balls. So on a par 3 course that is a total of 9 hits per round on the ball if you hit every GIR. I never played extra rounds because of this glitch or did I ever buy extra passes because of it. One thing this glitch did create was a bunch of Red Tee Legends, Tour Legends and Champions because so many people were playing Red Tee courses after a custom course. Maybe that is what everyone is mad about? 

It's not a crazy idea that wgt loses ball sales with the glitch. Just because you used the rocks, doesn't mean everyone else does too. I recommended to the lower tiers to use the same balls that they normally play, that way they can learn more what and how their equipment reacts, on different greens, giving them more experience trying shots that they don't normally try. The par 3s mean nothing when it comes to score, as it doesn't effect their avg. Hence when they play tourneys, that mean something, they play better, having learned how to use the optional shot choices, such as punch, flop etc.. The glitch has absolutely nothing to do with your so called red tee people, they play those courses, with or without the glitch.
  • NobodyYet
    693 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 3:47 PM

I don't think that anyone has mentioned the Premier Membership. That is an expensive thing to get and just became far less useful. Without the "Glitch" players won't get nearly as many points for themselves or their club. Just a thought for another reason to bring it back be it for the financial benefit of WGT or just for the players.

RSS