Forums

Help › Forums

They Fixed The XP Glitch?

Mon, Dec 10 2018 4:15 PM (139 replies)
  • BHenke2
    397 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 4:10 PM

Luckystar5:
    Just because you used the rocks, doesn't mean everyone else does too.

I did not say I used a starter ball, I said I used a free ball. I just looked in my inventory and I have 25 balls that WGT has awarded for playing in certain tournaments or that they have given away for holidays. And once again I will say if you hit all GIR during a par three custom course you are taking a total of nine hits on a ball which does not add up to a lot of ball sales.

Luckystar5:
    The glitch has absolutely nothing to do with your so called red tee people, they play those courses, with or without the glitch.

The reason I said that is because I looked at the people complaining about this and quite a few of them have something in common. They play a custom par 3 course followed by a red tee easy course non stop day in and day out.  It is quite easy to see because they have very low averages and very low winnings compared to how low their scoring average is for their tier. Also if you look at their score history when they actually have to play a real course their scores reflect that. If and when I ever get promoted to Champion it will because I earned it not because I played the red tees on a daily basis. 

• sodakknight
    700 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 5:04 PM

I see the point of the glitch helping CC's gain levels as those levels are based on points and give back some sort of reward.

There was never ever any other advantage to a player leveling up after level 103.  No more equipment available.  Tiers were always based on games played and averages, never on XP/levels.  Hell, the premier pass was a big ruse marketed to make everyone think it was something fantastic when in reality all you really got out of the deal after level 103 was free greens fees to Cabo and Whistler.  

I'm not defending what WGT has done...they created this mess themselves. They should have fixed the glitch as soon as it was known.  They didn't because they knew that people would play more for rewards that mean nothing.  But they really couldn't care less what us rubes think.  As long as there were players willing to spend the cash, they were happy!  

• harpski1
    107 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 5:29 PM

Blubalzz:
    Forget the glitch, just fix / adjust the points that are needed to level up. When you need 2.6 million to gain one level thats ridiculous at 256 per round. I remember when it took a year to move up one level. Who ever set up the spread between levels was drinking heavy at the time. Make the spreads between levels more realistic. Not that it matters for anyone at 103 or higher. WGT gives zero nothing nota for players to look forward to for leveling up. No free rentals, Not even a free ball for leveling up. I guess free virtual balls are to expensive to give away. WGT is a great game but they sure need help on their marketing and promotion side.

Couldn't agree more with this, the amount of games now required to get to that club you've been craving is absoloutley ridiculous. 

Take away any conspiracy theories and questioning any monitary motives and look at what is left after this fix, I've personally played about 4 months and glitched before every round (about 5 every day) and reached level 91,are you really expecting new/current players to play about 1 year before reaching the ability to buy top level clubs? 

Someone needs to review the amount of xp requirements or this game becomes 'pay to win' via xp boosts/premier or a grind it out chore.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,511 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 5:51 PM

WGTChampion:
    I feel that it cheapens the experience if players can earn a ridiculous amount of XP because they learned how to break the game. 

Hey Champion,

I know I'm derailing from the main topic here but talking about something ridiculous, can you please add this into your notebook so that you won't forget bringing it up at the meeting in January? It's not a super major issue, but every time I see it, makes me feel like I'm playing some sort of a preschooler's game. :-(

As to the glitch fix, well... it is what it is, eh? I don't mind much that now it's gone although it was another fun I had from the game but to be totally honest, always had "sense of guilt" as if I was cheating, taking advantage of it. Too bad the party's over, though. LOL

More importantly, I appreciate the fact that you're actively interacting with us and it's a very positive commitment for both the company and the community so I tip my hat to you for that! Thank you.

Simon

• WolfApel
    3,204 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 7:17 PM

Are you having fun when you play?

It seems to me that being in a headlong rush to get to level 103 so that you can have the best of everything is a pretty pointless exercise.

The journey is the thing, and appreciating every bit of it as you go along. Personally, my favorite time in my career was as a Tour Master.

After getting to 103, things can seem kind of pointless as you might no longer have any goals if you don't actually enjoy playing. Socializing with your friends while engaging in some ribbing and friendly competition is, to me, the best part of WGT. Enjoying the beautiful surroundings with people you like is incomparable.

I don't know about you but I'm "Still Having Fun."

Wolf

• BOBBENCH052
    3,731 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 7:41 PM

Since everyone is not happy, what can be done to make everyone happy?  Not going to happen, as many people on this game as there is it is impossible to make everyone happy.  I am wondering though.

What purpose is having out xp and the cc xp's? 

We can't use them for anything. 

Will there be something in the future that will allow this?

The reason I am asking is, i Just completed my 1683 consecutive day of playing this game, and i am now on level 160.  

I am wondering why bother if there are no incentives left for us.

Everyone called this issue a glitch, but whatever it was, i made allot of the lower tier people climb the ladder and are now higher tiers.

AS in a aforementioned post why did it take almost 2 years to fix it and now the new members that are just starting out will or may not be interested in playing as much.

Just curious

bob

• Firstmrmax
    824 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 7:54 PM

I have noticed that most of the peeps who defend ending the  faster track XP  (glitch) have already thorughly enjoyed it and are now at or above level 103 who have or can get the best equipment.  Why would they care for us?

On edit, maybe all of them are L-103 + :-)

They got theirs

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 8:59 PM

WGTChampion:
    To the point of this fix, we wanted to fix a bug. We fixed it.

+1

I can see some people quitting the game now because they can't level up fast enough to suit their taste. Their loss not ours.

As for the course builders, we use them, and have some damn good courses to play because of them. 

Like the VUSO course. There were a lot of complaints about that course. I enjoyed playing the hell out of it trying to qualify. I considered it a learning experience. What to hit where. And it helped me further my game.

Not everyone is happy when changes are made. So you have one of two choices. Learn to accept that change or quit.

SP

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 10:49 PM

andyace46:

I think the so called glitch should be bought back I think wgt  will lose a lot of money over this and members I won't be buying anymore balls or equipment unless they do I played the game 3 or 4 times a day and bought credits to pay for the pass after the free one so I levelled up quicker but what's the point now 

The so called glitch?  There is no so called about it, it was a glitch.  People were getting more XP than they should have and that has been fixed. If the condom machine in the local pub gave two packets for every one you buy for two years, would you then complain when it was fixed?  Would you call that a so called glitch?

Do you really mean you were buying passes to help you level up faster?  They do nothing for you, they only add the XP you earn to your country club.

• TomWillie0
    997 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 11:43 PM

Hi Jeff. I disagree that the custom course option was a failure. My club had a lot of fun playing on courses with different hole lengths,green speeds,wind conditions  etc etc. It gave our lower tier players the option of playing in conditions that they wouldn't see to often until they reached the higher lvls. It also gave them a chance to compare themselves to other players in lower to higher tiers, and in some cases, after they got their brains beat out, they could play a ranked round and receive extra xp so they could qualify to buy better equipment sooner....I know,. there's nothing stopping us from building custom courses except the 400 credits it costs to build one. Without the so-called "glitch", I don't think there's going to be a lot of interest. It was a great incentive because it did make members want to play more. I do,however, agree that now WGT has removed the "glitch", custom courses have become irrelevant. The person that came up with this idea should be running an apple cart in Central Park, next to the guy that came up with the idea for "New Coke".

As far as the "glitch" goes.....C'MON WGT. DO YOU THINK WE WERE BORN 2 1/2 DAYS AGO! This may have started out as a mistake, (which I highly doubt.) but WGT ran with it. They had to know what was going on at the very beginning. But some Bean-Counter must have said (if this was unintentional) "players are going to play more, thus we'll sell more Balls.If players are going to play Custom courses and utilize the "glitch", we'll sell more passes. If players advance to higher levels more quickly, we'll sell more clubs"....In my opinion, this so called "glitch," and the fixing of it, is simply about the CASH.

If this was un-planned,and was a mistake, it should have been fixed right away before players got used to it. If Taylor-Made super T.P. 9.0's(4,495 creds) or Callaway Rogue Pro irons (4,475 creds) or Titleist V1x balls (1050 creds), were flying out of the pro-shop at 200,150,100 creds, you can bet your brown-eye it would have fixed IMMEDIATELY.............Tom

RSS