Forums

Help › Forums

They Fixed The XP Glitch?

Mon, Dec 10 2018 4:15 PM (139 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 10:50 AM

MainzMan:

I don't know what sort of club you're in but ours has a full suite of custom courses that are regularly used and updated.   That they also gave us XP we weren't supposed to earn was meaningless to myself and I'm sure most of the club members.

You weren't earning that extra XP, it was a bug.  WGT fixed it, as they should.

WGT was in a no win situation with this. Many many players were asking for the glitch to be fixed. Now that they fixed it there are just as many players complaining because they fixed it. 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 10:55 AM

jlhoelscher:

MainzMan:

jlhoelscher:

That is laughable. The custom course option was a HUGE failure and it was not being used at all. Once this anomaly (glitch) was discovered it made custom courses relevant and were even being purchased. Not that the "glitch" no longer works it renders the custom courses irrelevant and no CC owner in their right mind would bother with them. This is by far the dumbest thing that I have seen WGT do next to forcing us to use their crappy clubs of the week for the clash. 

I don't know what sort of club you're in but ours has a full suite of custom courses that are regularly used and updated.   That they also gave us XP we weren't supposed to earn was meaningless to myself and I'm sure most of the club members.

You weren't earning that extra XP, now pack in crying when someone stops giving you it.

I do not "hate fun" and I am speaking from experience. At 400 credits to purchase a course builder it held little value. WGT experienced little to no sales so they then WGT awarded CCs free course builders and they were slightly being used. (Correct me if I am mistaken, however I am not as I went through all of this). Once the "glitch" came to be the custom courses were being used and even purchased. Forgive me for pointing out facts, but it is what it is, I don't care what your opinion is of me as I know what I am talking about from experience. 

Best to all,

Jeff

I may also be mistaken, but I think either the first clash after we introduced Course Builders they were awarded in clashes. I have no idea what the sales were, but I remember the feedback being pretty positive about being able to build courses. 

_CHAMPION 

• BHenke2
    397 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 10:55 AM

TopShelf2010:
    Looking back, there are so many "high level / lower tier" players with the best equipment available. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. Those that were able to take advantage of the glitch will now have a distinctive advantage over those that are new to the game.

When they introduced all the Titleist equipment they made some very good equipment available to Level 0 players which was not an option when I started. They will have to spend a good amount of money to buy this equipment or earn a bunch of free credits though because it is quite pricey. 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 11:00 AM

borntobesting:

WGT was in a no win situation with this. Many many players were asking for the glitch to be fixed. Now that they fixed it there are just as many players complaining because they fixed it. 

This happens all the time. The people yelling are the loudest. Not just in WGT but everywhere. I can't tell you how many times we've received overwhelming feedback about something and do the thing they want, and then we get hate mail from the people who liked it better before we changed whatever we changed.

To the point of this fix, we wanted to fix a bug. We fixed it. 

Personally I want players to be rewarded their XP for playing the game more often and daily. I feel that it cheapens the experience if players can earn a ridiculous amount of XP because they learned how to break the game. 

_CHAMPION 

• Foooze
    312 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 11:09 AM

WGTChampion:

This happens all the time. The people yelling are the loudest. Not just in WGT but everywhere. I can't tell you how many times we've received overwhelming feedback about something and do the thing they want, and then we get hate mail from the people who liked it better before we changed whatever we changed.

Personally I want players to be rewarded their XP for playing the game more often and daily. I feel that it cheapens the experience if players can earn a ridiculous amount of XP because they learned how to break the game. 

_CHAMPION 

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of no glitch. Just curious why it took nearly 2 years to become a priority?

Thanks for all you do in a thankless job. 

Foooze

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 11:19 AM

Foooze:

WGTChampion:

_CHAMPION 

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of no glitch. Just curious why it took nearly 2 years to become a priority?

Thanks for all you do in a thankless job. 

Foooze

That's a good question. I've become much more involved in different parts of the game over the last year. I remember when it started I reported it, there was a bug written and I don't know why it didn't get fixed back then. It may have been a "can not reproduce" situation, meaning that we didn't have all the information needed to cause the bug to happen over and over, or it could have been something else. If my memory serves me right, even when we initially reported the bug it was buried for a little while since it didn't really cause any pain. 

I guess long story short is this is my fault for causing a ruckus about it recently and working with people to get the exact steps so we could end the exploit. 

_CHAMPION 

• Foooze
    312 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 11:23 AM

Thanks for an honest answer. Much appreciated.

• jlhoelscher
    9,912 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 11:25 AM

MainzMan:
    You weren't earning that extra XP, it was a bug.  WGT fixed it, as they should.

If you think that this was a bug and they had no idea about it you are living in fantasyland or you have zero faith in their ability to correct an issue. Which is it? The fact of the matter is that these took a great deal of effort to make, were not being used, and they made them useful and desirable, do not even try to deny that. 

Jeff

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 11:28 AM

jlhoelscher:

I do not "hate fun" and I am speaking from experience. At 400 credits to purchase a course builder it held little value. WGT experienced little to no sales so they then WGT awarded CCs free course builders and they were slightly being used. (Correct me if I am mistaken, however I am not as I went through all of this). Once the "glitch" came to be the custom courses were being used and even purchased. Forgive me for pointing out facts, but it is what it is, I don't care what your opinion is of me as I know what I am talking about from experience. 

Best to all,

Jeff

I agree that 400 credits to set up a custom course tournament was a joke but, we play just enough rounds in clashes to get free builders, as far as I know nobody has ever bought one in our club.

For me the custom course option adds a bit of fun and the chance to make your own Best of courses.  There is no obligation to use them and the fact that there was a bug associated with them didn't make them any more attractive for us.

By the way, unless I'm very much mistaken, awards we'd already earned were also being given out on the normal courses, they were not exclusive to custom ones.

I really don't understand why so many people are up in arms about this.  We haven't actually lost anything of value, just some XP.  

XP we should never have received.

• jlhoelscher
    9,912 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 11:33 AM

WGTChampion:

I may also be mistaken, but I think either the first clash after we introduced Course Builders they were awarded in clashes. I have no idea what the sales were, but I remember the feedback being pretty positive about being able to build courses. 

_CHAMPION

Hey brother, I'm only offering the facts from my personal experience from our club and reporting them to you. Do with them what you want. I do not have any ill will towards anyone on here at all, I am just reporting to you what I am experiencing in my club. I would think that a company would LOVE to have legitimate information being reported to them. 

Jeff

RSS